DnD Sale on GoG

Skunkboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Skunkboy72

There is a Buy One Get One sale at good old games right now. All of the titles are classic games using the Dungeons and Dragons license. If you do the deal you also get The Temple of Elemental Evil. Here's the selection:

• Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
  • Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
  • Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
  • Icewind Dale Complete
  • Icewind Dale 2 Complete
  • Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
  • Planescape: Torment

I do not have any of the games listed and was wondering which game people here would recommend.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By GreggD

You should get all of them except Dragonshard and Demon Stone. They're not RPGs, and are the lesser of the set. I own the rest already, and they're all great RPGs.

Okay, I just noticed that you said "game" singular, so I would go with Planescape.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By benspyda

I don't own the Baldurs Gate games so this is tempting.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shaunk

Man I've always heard good things about the Baldurs Gate series.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zelyre

I'll simply put them in order of how I would buy them, if I didn't own them a few times over and give a short justification as to why.

Planescape Torment. One of the most interesting stories in a game. Some of the craziest settings and interesting stories you'll meet in an RPG come from Torment.

Baldur's Gate 2 complete. It's a fantasy epic. A good balance between an interesting story and interesting and tactical combat.

Icewind Dale 1/2. If you like the combat of Baldur's Gate or Torment, you'll get it in spades here. Its mostly a dungeon romp.

Baldur's Gate 1. It's a good game, but the low levels makes the combat a bit frustrating. I don't think you need to play 1 to enjoy 2.

NWN. The first campaign is utter rubbish. The second one? Not bad. Hordes of the Underdark is good. Its a hacky and slashy game, combat wise. If you're into roleplaying? There are still servers going strong today. If you're interested in creating games? It has a very powerful game mod tool.

The rest of the stuff? Fo'get'aboutit.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

Balder's Gate is the obvous choice if you have not played it, I like BG2, have not played 1. but know this, there is a LOT of dialog in that game, and it would behoove you not to skip it. the only other one up there i have played is Ice WindDale 2 and that is very hard, even on easy what i set it to. it gets hard. it is also very liner unlike Balder's Gate 2.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By benspyda

I may grab Baldurs Gate II and Planescape torment. Does that sound like the best out of those choices?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By GreggD

@benspyda said:

I may grab Baldurs Gate II and Planescape torment. Does that sound like the best out of those choices?

Probably. It would benefit to read a summary of the first Baldur's Gate, so you can at least get the story. There were no decision type thing that carried over between the two, so you'll be all set to jump right into BGII.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By amir90

Demon's exist on the pc?
Holy shit, just that small part where I get to play as Drizzt Do Urden, makes it worth he askin price :p

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By falling_fast

I uh, already own the vast majority of those on gog, and before that, on disc. :/

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august

Torment if you have a soul and a brain.