Do games change your behavior?

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lvl10Wizard

Can someone tie my shoelaces and make my packed lunch for me please? I looked on google (honest) but I just thought I'd ask the "community". Any tips would be most appreciated. 

Ok just wanted to get that out of my system. My question is this:

Does anyone notice a change in their social behavior once they've been playing video games for a while. I mean aside from staying in and staring at a screen for hours, do you feel that you behave differently towards your friends or parents, for example, during or after playing games than you would if you hadn't played games during that day? If so how? if not how?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

No, I don't. Unless I stopped playing because I got angry at a multiplayer game or a friend of mine pisses me off or something. Other than that, nothing different.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By clarke0

Depends on the game but sometimes I will feel a little frustrated or a bit less social. I'm not very social in the first place though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

You mean, do I go out and start bashing in the heads of hookers walking the streets at night with a baseball bat after a round of GTA?  Do I drive really fast and try to ram into various cars to take out the target bonus cars after some Burnout?

OF COURSE.
lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lvl10Wizard
jakob187 said:
"You mean, do I go out and start bashing in the heads of hookers walking the streets at night with a baseball bat after a round of GTA?  Do I drive really fast and try to ram into various cars to take out the target bonus cars after some Burnout?
OF COURSE.
"
No I don't mean that at all but if that's what you do then...fair play dude.
lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lvl10Wizard

I'm really interested in what chemicals, endorphines are released in the brain whilst playing games, and under what other activities, and to what intensity those same levels of endorphines would be realsed in other circumstances. I want to know whether the brain can distinguish between real and fake reward at a chemical level. Aceivement unlocked. Skinner's Rats? Pavlov's Dogs?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

Games have never effected my behavior aside from becoming frustrated when playing games online occasionally, but I usually don't bring that feeling with me when I turn of the system

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

I do yell at my tv if a game is terribly frustrating, but I never carry that to anything else.

As far as social behaviour changes, there's a chance I may skip on seeing people if I'm too interested in a game I'm playing at the moment. But I do the same thing with books, so I don't think this is videogames related.