Do you cheat in an offline/single-player only games?

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hameyadea

Cheating includes: Cheat codes, developer console, modifying in-game files, using mods, using glitches, sequence-breaking, using trainers, etc....

I cheat mostly after completing the story, and replaying just to break the game (playing Half-Life 2 with over 99,999 grenades, for example).

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soldierg654342

After I've beat the game, sure. The only exception is Devil May Cry 3. Fuck you, I've already beaten all those bosses. I shouldn't have to do it again just because you are lazy developers.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

after i beat the game, YES.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Yes.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

No,never. At most early in my career I might take advantage of an exploit, I figuered that was legal. But I play the game presented to me, or sometimes enhanced by mods for graphic improvements and better function, such as for Stalker.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For old games, sometimes. New games no, considering cheat codes are almost non existent in modern games.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aronman789

I do it all the time with Bethesda games.

player->setacrobatics 700000

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Subjugation

I don't get any satisfaction from cheating.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The only game I've ever cheated on before beating is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines; it wasn't that it was hard so much as the end of that game is just entirely combat and it's super fucking repetive and takes forever even though it is supposed to be the climax of the story and you really just want to see what happens next. 

I have to assume they just ran out of time because everything leading up to that point is expertly paced.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

Not really no, only after I've beaten a game and even then it only happens in games like GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and Saint's Row 2.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By tekmojo

Games tend to be too easy nowadays, but if I run across a broken game I'm going to exploit the fuck out of it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clonedzero

@Subjugation said:

I don't get any satisfaction from cheating.

yeah. if i cheat i lose interest in the game like immediately

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

Fuck yeah! Nothing like breaking a game when you're done or it's become stale.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking

@ZeForgotten said:

Not really no, only after I've beaten a game and even then it only happens in games like GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and Saint's Row 2.

This exactly.

Saints Row 2 would be gathering dust after I completed the story if it weren't for cheats that made the game insane. Same will probably be the case for The Third.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John1912

I only cheat after ive beaten a game, and even then its rare. Using cheats like god mode, unlimited ammo, etc pretty much ruin any fun the game still has.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By captain_clayman

i've had to cheat a couple times for health in games like half life or fallout if i accidentally quicksave and then suddenly lose a ton of health directly after.  other than that, no.

desolation15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By desolation15

Yes, I'm cheating the hell out of Dark Souls (infinite soul glitch), got a tiny clamp holding down the X button as I'm typing this. I got more souls than there are Americans and I'm not stopping until I get all of India! Also, I made the run the moment I left the asylum so I haven't even started the game yet.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fajita_Jim

No, not at all. It cheapens the game to me.

Actually, for games like STALKER, Fallout, Elder Scrolls etc. I'm always looking for the 'reality-type' mods to make things harder. You know, force you to eat, drink, sleep, make nights so dark you can't see shit without a torch, force healing to require bed rest, etc. 

I like challenges, that's why I play games.

Also, if a game has a difficulty setting it goes straight to the hardest setting, would be kinda redundant to do that and then turn around and cheat. I like to feel like I can righteously flip a game off after I beat it because I just overcame the worst it could throw at me.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JasonR86

I'll turn down the difficulty if I'm having nothing but problems with a section of a game and I'm not necessarily enjoying myself (like the boss battles in the new Deus Ex). That sort of feels like cheating.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By GunstarRed

Last time I used a cheat code to actually cheat achievements out of a game it was to play through hard mode in GRAW to get all the achievements. That might have been the point i tipped over into obsession with that system. The only time I've put in codes in the last few years was to get the sword and other things in the Scott Pilgrim game, but that stuff almost seems like it was put in to make you use it.

Oh edit... Fallout console command achievements... yeah that happened... I feel no shame.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ravenlight

Generally only after beating a game or in the base of recent Bethesda/Obsidian games, I cheat to un-break the game.