Do you have any bad gaming habits?

• 119 results
Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Needless hoarding. I'll find rare ultra healing item, or limited supply super weapon and there it will sit in my inventory as the credits roll.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Choi

Not using consumables in fear that I'll need them later. Stuff like Potions, Bandages, Grenades, extra weapons and ammo types in RPGs. Even Flare Guns and Flares in Alan Wake, and they didn't even carry over from episode to episode.

Which feeds into....

Hoarding loot! I'm always one ounce below encumbered, carrying way to much stuff I could just use or sell or throw away. Fallout, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, you name it...

Add Instant Reload Complex to that as well, although playing DayZ and ArmA I'm getting better at that, because the shooting is much more tactical and strategic... So I've began to be more conscious of the number of bullets left in regards to reload times and details like that. And reloading is not so important in a game where it takes 2-3 bullets to kill guys, no?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Samaritan

Yeah, starting new games when I'm halfway through another game and then never finishing that game.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Ry_Ry

@corvak: oh god that 100x over.

I had a realization a few years ago. Get epic gun *save game* go crazy with it. *reload save* carry on

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

1. If asked a question and I get the answer wrong, I have to reload and put in the right one.

2. Constantly reloading on stealth sections.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I keep up with gaming news and frequent gaming websites but only actually sit down to play like 4-5 games a year. I feel like all this time spent to stay in the loop of what's going on could be drastically reduced.

Avatar image for himynameisgandalf
HiMyNameIsGandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really bad habit of mine in Games is that I want to avoid digital death at all cost. I'm being super conscious about every move and try to save the game whenever possible. While I managed to reduce this fear in the last time it still keeps me from fully enjoying certain games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6aa5db70cc5
deactivated-5e6aa5db70cc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I save my game WAY too much, I also have a bad habit of reloading my weapon every time I shoot it

natedynamic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I HAVE ALMOST ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS.

WHY DO I DO THESE THINGS.

Help me. Heeeeeeeelp me.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By sku

Medium attacks in Killer Instinct. Guess who gets combo broken like every match?

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herk said:

I keep up with gaming news and frequent gaming websites but only actually sit down to play like 4-5 games a year. I feel like all this time spent to stay in the loop of what's going on could be drastically reduced.

I share the same habit. For some reason it takes me forever to actually fire a game up. Once I do I can play for hours. It's so weird, it's like I over think game playing sometimes. Getting better at cutting that out though. I think it sorda has to do with me not having as much time to game as I once did.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to squeeze every bit of content out of a game, to the point where I'll pull up a wiki or gamefaqs to get everything, ruining a lot of the surprise and sometimes the enjoyment.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

In a game that allows old-school quicksaves, I save every couple of steps, so long as the game holds up to the term "quick"save.

I'm generally the sort of person that never uses consumables, but I've been curbing that practice lately.

I find it hard to truly role-play in RPGs because the rewards for being good or evil sometimes vary drastically and I like to min-max for XP/the best items.

oompaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By development

I have Jeff's "don't stop for nothin'" disease. I need speed. Need it. It causes me to always be moving, speeding from one objective to the next. I miss really beautiful landscapes and scenery.

I've been watching a playthrough of Dark Souls 2 by someone who plays completely differently, stopping all the time, surveying her surroundings, and reading every items' descriptions after she picks them up. It's really amazing how better prepared those kinds of people are for a game like that in contrast to people like me, who use brute force and trial and error at max speed.

edit: Oh, it's another old thread. Hello, old thread.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devwil: Please play POrtal 2. Please play POrtal 2.

If you enjoyed Portal at all, you will have a fantastic time.

Although, you probably already knew that....

I have a problem with....well.....sometimes when I die in a game....I die in real life. Just a little bit.

Now I'm a crippled shell of a human being...all because of Dark Souls.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ravelle

Yes, I don't finish most of them.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play a lot of games, but I rarely finish them. In fact, the last time I completed a game was back in the summer of 2012 when I beat MGS: 2 for the umpteenth time. Before that I couldn't tell you what the last game I finished was.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Reloading save in Skyrim if companion in Skyrim died. I would tell the companion to wait at a safe distance before going into a combat situation.

Breaking controllers out of frustration and cussing a storm. This only happened when I was playing Madden NFL. I would get so worked up with the game, I lost my temper. That was before I understood the concept of rubber band A.I. I hardly played Madden in the PS3 era. After a while replacing controllers got to be expensive. I stopped slamming them to the ground.

Trying to do every side quest in open world games then lose interest in finishing the main story.

Starting a game then get side tracked playing another game and not going back to the first game.

Hoarding supplies like heath kits, weapons, armor and ammunition. Then selling or throwing them because of lack inventory space.

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My worst one is feeling like I'm close to the end of a game (mainly shorter ones...) and having to finish it at that time rather than come back to it and finish it later. As a result, the last 10-20% of some games become frustrating as hell because I'm missing things or wanting to be done so I don't forget something or boot up a game only to have 5 minutes left to play. It happened this weekend with Strider - basically everything after the resurrected version of Solo pissed me off because of things I wasn't getting or I was trying to rush. Caused me to start disliking it (or most certainly the last section) by the time I'd finished (a reaction that, in retrospect, is not fair - I liked Strider). It happened with Dishonored, Spec Ops: The Line, the first Uncharted, and the Exile add-on to Hard Reset, just to name a few

That's probably my worst one, and one I'd really like to get rid of...

CheerUpYuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By CheerUpYuko

@ahmadmetallic said:

I must scan every inch of a given level, room or cave. I kinda ruin the focus and the experience by stepping on every reachable square meter

That's kind of mine too, excessive compulsive thoroughness. I sort of hate exploring dungeons because of the ocd. Also, trying to trigger every npc dialogue option in the game is another permutation of that. People get really annoyed when they watch me play any kind of rpg.