Do you play portable games online?

UltramanJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UltramanJ

The only time I've ever checked out online gaming on a portable was when Mariokart DS released. Aside from that game I never bothered with any other title because after all, who would bother playing portable games online anyway? I figured there's probably noone or not enough people online to get anything going.

So last night I was playing the single player campaign for Resistance Retribution PSP, and before I shut it off to play something different I thought I'd check out the online portion for the heck of it. I figured it'd be a barren wasteland and I'd be lucky if one or two other people were playing. My jaw dropped when I entered the lobby and there's over 150 people playing the game at that moment. I wound up doing a Team Death Match round and one I can't recall the name of where most of us start off as humans, but when you die you become a Chimera. The last human to survive wins the round. The games supported up to 8 players each, and there were a few other types to play. I came away suprised and will no longer ignore the online portions of other games I own.

So I was wondering if any of you take you portables online for gaming? Any particular games where you've found a thriving online community of players? Hell, I'd seriously consider picking up a PSP Monster Hunter now, and will definitely be checking out the online in Motorstorm Arctic Edge when it arrives in the mail.    

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

No. Partly because I'm rarely near a suitable access point but more importantly because I own hardly any online-enabled multiplayer games.

futrstyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By futrstyl

I don't play my DS online anymore because of the WEP restriction. When I last checked in on Tetris DS from an unprotected hotspot a couple months ago, I was still able to set up a match very quickly. Some games are just timeless. I think Mario Kart and Tetris will always have people playing online. You will find many people playing online for new releases as well.

I recently got a PSP, and I do play my PSP games online. For me, it just depends on the game. If it's fun and offers more fun or different fun online, then I will play it online.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I remember years ago me and my friends would play Socom on PSP all the time. 6 of us would go over the one guy who had wifi and play together. The coolest thing was we didn't need headsets and we were a pretty good group, I think our win loss ratio was like 4:1. Either than that I've never played a portable system online. 

Avatar image for senortrampoline
SenorTrampoline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SenorTrampoline

No cause you have to point your DS around like a frikkin divining rod and the lag is atrocious. I really hope 3DS fixes this somehow.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

No

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

no.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I don't even play portable games O.O

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Kontrapunkt

No.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

Every once and a while.

EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By EVHKwick

No. I don't play my DS where I can get WiFi.