Do you think what EA/EPIC is doing is right?

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DARKIDO07

With the news of Gears of War 2 coming with an exclusive code for five maps from Gears of War but only if you by it new, do you agree with that or no? I don't even though I have my Limited Edition pre-ordered I think its wrong for developers to restrict content from people who by their games used. I really hope this doesn't become a trend. The Spore DRM issue is one thing but this in my opinion is worse. I think I would have less of a problem with it if say the map pack was free when you bought the game new but $10-15 on XBL if you bought it used. What do you think?

I would say this compares to EA's "You must purchase these weapons" during the Bad Company Beta

Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Max_Chill

They are fighting used game sales so They can earn the money they deserve instead of filling up Gamestop and Eb's pockets.

Good for Epic and EA. Why should a shop that gives me 10 bucks for a game and then sells it for 55 make the money instead of the guys who actually make the game
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I hope it does become a trend. Gamestop regularly abuses both their customers and their providers when it comes to constantly reselling supply. A single game could easily get traded in and resold 2 or 3 times in its travels through the marketplace. To boost incentives for people to buy things new, thus profiting the game makers and not the (fairly inefficient and disliked) store that provides them is a great ambition.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

I think its perfectly understandable for devs to want to get more money fromt the product they've made, and its also perfectly understandable for the end user to be pissed about it. You can't please both crowds.