Does anyone else think Halo Reach AROUND is overrated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sorachev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sorachev

Seriously now, it's just Halo 3 with jet packs and a shortass space combat segment. Its the same tired, generic, and bland ass shooter it was since 2001. All the fanboys have been going how "amazing" this game is, when it's just another repetitive shooter, with a horrible story and cliche characters. The gameplay formula of Halo is so outdated, and it's just a milked out franchise. Bungie doesn't give a shit about it's fans, they just care about making the same game in order to get money from fanboys wallets. The fact that this game has got 9s and 10s proves that reviewers are being paid by M$. It's just another generic sci-fi shooter like Crysis.

Halo has been outdone by better shooters like:  

• COD4 
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • BioShock 
  • Killzone 2
  • Half-Life 2 
  • Team Fortress 2 
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 
  • Left 4 Dead 
  • Resistance: Fall of Men 
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 
  • MAG 
  • Metro 2033 
  • TimeSplitters series (The only people on this world who would like Halo more than TimeSplitters, are Halo fanboys). 

Halo Reach in Your Wallet is the most overrated game of 2010. Bungie need to take lessons from Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve, and Naughty Dog into how to make a innovative sequel. Flame me all you want fanboys, but this is my opinion and you must take my opinion.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I really liked it. But, I've grown tired of Halo. I'm waiting for MOH.
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002

News just in: you can make puns by adding a word after "Reach"

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bravetoaster  Online

LMAO 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro 2033 

Good one!

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@sorachev:
Duder, seriously, shut up. Enough with the lame puns, first of all. Second of all, you are a troll. Rot in hell. Goodbye.
sorachev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sorachev
@Axxol said:
" LMAO  S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro 2033  Good one! "
LMAOhalofanboy
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

b-but it's fun! 

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bravetoaster  Online
@sorachev said:
" @Axxol said:
LMAOhalofanboy "
I disagree with 2 of the games you listed and I'm labeled a Halo fanboy? I like Halo, but I'm definitely not a fanboy.
p3ndu1um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By p3ndu1um
sorachev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sorachev
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" @sorachev: Duder, seriously, shut up. Enough with the lame puns, first of all. Second of all, you are a troll. Rot in hell. Goodbye. "
Just because I have a different opnion than what the average Halo fanboy makes me a troll? Ha! People like you make me laugh. Besides, I'm right, Halo: Reach AROUND is the same game but with better graphics, jetpacks, and a lame space mission. I'd rather play an innovative game sequel like StarCraft 2, Team Fortress 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Uncharted 2.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tunaburn

well my opinion is your opinion sucks. Halo is still fun. Why fix it if its not broken. Which according to sales it isnt. Im in no way a fanboy seeing as i only play halo when my friends are getting on it too but it is fun while im on. Well im off to try and finish Dead Rising 1 before i get the second one. And then you know what..... ill pop in some halo. And later tonight im gonna play a few games of starcraft 2 with some friends. Do i sound like a fanboy?

p.s. Its actually Halo Reach through the internet and bitch slap you

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@sorachev said:
" @PrivateIronTFU said:
" @sorachev: Duder, seriously, shut up. Enough with the lame puns, first of all. Second of all, you are a troll. Rot in hell. Goodbye. "
Just because I have a different opnion than what the average Halo fanboy makes me a troll? Ha! People like you make me laugh. Besides, I'm right, Halo: Reach AROUND is the same game but with better graphics, jetpacks, and a lame space mission. I'd rather play an innovative game sequel like StarCraft 2, Team Fortress 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Uncharted 2. "
People like YOU make me sad. Because you're a pathetic waste of space. You call everybody who likes Halo a fanboy. And you suck at making puns. You're a loser, plain and simple. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Axxol said:
" @sorachev said:
" @Axxol said:
LMAOhalofanboy "
I disagree with 2 of the games you listed and I'm labeled a Halo fanboy? I like Halo, but I'm definitely not a fanboy. "
Do you not like Stalker, or just think it's not a good shooter?  I like STALKER, but I like it more as an RPG than a shooter.  I don't think it was a very good example, either. 

And I'm definitely not a Halo fanboy because I haven't bought a Halo game since Halo 2.
adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adoggz

.... you know what they say about trolls and feeding.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Vao

hmm i feel like we've had this argument before.  Why do i smell a hater who created a new account to just start shit on the forums. 

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ventilaator

This dude is 100% correct. It's his reaching for straws type of puns that make his points lose the impact though.

p3ndu1um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By p3ndu1um
@sorachev: 
No, but caring what other people think of your opinion and your elitist attitude make you incredibly stupid and impossible to talk to rationally.
sorachev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sorachev
@Ventilaator said:

" This dude is 100% correct. It's his reaching for straws type of puns that make his points lose the impact though. "

Finally, one smart poster in this thread. 

Fun Fact: No Halo fan has ever played or liked a Sam & Max game. Because Sam & Max fans have good taste, unlike Halo fans. Every Halo game after the first one sucked, deal with it fanboys.
adam120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adam120

So everyone who disagrees with you is fanboy? 
Also, Halo Reach receives a lot of support from bungie, so that's just a lie. 
Although I prefer cod to halo, you cannot argue that halo games receive more support than cod, with is STILL riddled with small gitches. 
Halo is just a fun game to a lot of people. Get over it. 

How do Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2 and super mario galaxy innovate over the previous game more than reach?

sorachev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sorachev
@adoggz said:
" .... you know what they say about trolls and feeding. "
I'M NOT A TROLL! ITS MY OPINION AND YOU FANBOYS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS!
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By chstupid
@sorachev:
I bet you hasn't played it, you just read the reviews and decided it was enogth to talk shit about it.

"but this is my opinion and you must take my opinion." 
 Dude fuck your opinion. Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it special or worth listening to.    
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22  Edited By spiceninja

Sorry, you lost me when you said reviewers were being paid off my Microsoft to give the game high scores. I'm sorry but that just doesn't happen. It's a shallow, unfounded, and pathetic excuse that people use to justify their purchase, rant, or whatever.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Djeffers03
@sorachev said:
" @adoggz said:
I'M NOT A TROLL! ITS MY OPINION AND YOU FANBOYS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! "
We're not fucking fanboys now fuck off and play another game.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@sorachev: Jesus, how tiny is your penis that you have to come on to the forums just to say Halo: Reach sucks? It might be your opinion, but you are most definitely a troll.
Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Vao
@sorachev said:

" @adoggz said:

I'M NOT A TROLL! ITS MY OPINION AND YOU FANBOYS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! "
 hmm, yelling for respect sounds like a troll to me    
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sorachev said:
" @Ventilaator said:

" This dude is 100% correct. It's his reaching for straws type of puns that make his points lose the impact though. "

Finally, one smart poster in this thread.  Fun Fact: No Halo fan has ever played or liked a Sam & Max game. Because Sam & Max fans have good taste, unlike Halo fans. Every Halo game after the first one sucked, deal with it fanboys. "
Great, good to know you surveyed every fucking person who's ever played Halo. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

STFU & GTFO you SOB.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chirotera

I actually like that Halo hasn't veered from its formula much. I like that when I buy a Halo game, I know, more or less, exactly what I'm getting. I enjoy the game, and have fun. People like you, topic creator, don't seem to understand that someone might just have enough money to buy more than one game. Those other shooters out there are fun too, but for different reasons. It's like asking if you like cake or pie more. They're both different, but they're still both tasty. I'm sorry you don't enjoy Halo. I suggest next time you do some research before you put money down on a product you will not enjoy.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Djeffers03
@InfamousBIG said:
" @sorachev said:
" @Ventilaator said:

Finally, one smart poster in this thread.  Fun Fact: No Halo fan has ever played or liked a Sam & Max game. Because Sam & Max fans have good taste, unlike Halo fans. Every Halo game after the first one sucked, deal with it fanboys. "
Great, good to know you surveyed every fucking person who's ever played Halo.  "
LOL. 
lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lawlerballer

fail troll is fail

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Spikester
@sorachev said:
" @adoggz said:

Your tears are delicious
 Your tears are delicious
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bravetoaster  Online
@Abyssfull said:
" STFU & GTFO you SOB. "
I support this message.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MeierTheRed

You took a stab at Halo, you should have been smart enough to see it would go this way. Gamers are passionate, and when calling their favorite game bad, its like your personally insulting their mothers and fathers or taking a dump on their front lawn. So if you are going to give your opinions as to why Halo sucks, please make them good, instead of this crap you got going on here. 

Personally i don't give liquid shit on a stick, but for you own sake be a bit more creative next time.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By krystians
@sorachev said:
" Seriously now, it's just Halo 3 with jet packs and a shortass space combat segment. Its the same tired, generic, and bland ass shooter it was since 2001. All the fanboys have been going how "amazing" this game is, when it's just another repetitive shooter, with a horrible story and cliche characters. The gameplay formula of Halo is so outdated, and it's just a milked out franchise. Bungie doesn't give a shit about it's fans, they just care about making the same game in order to get money from fanboys wallets. The fact that this game has got 9s and 10s proves that reviewers are being paid by M$. It's just another generic sci-fi shooter like Crysis.

Halo has been outdone by better shooters like:  
  • COD4 
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • BioShock 
  • Killzone 2
  • Half-Life 2 
  • Team Fortress 2 
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 
  • Left 4 Dead 
  • Resistance: Fall of Men 
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 
  • MAG 
  • Metro 2033 
  • TimeSplitters series (The only people on this world who would like Halo more than TimeSplitters, are Halo fanboys). 
 Halo Reach in Your Wallet is the most overrated game of 2010. Bungie need to take lessons from Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve, and Naughty Dog into how to make a innovative sequel. Flame me all you want fanboys, but this is my opinion and you must take my opinion. "
That's why we are called fanboys because we like the game, thanks for the update. The list of shooters that you posted is is quite good. I have played my share of them, but remember that we are all entitled to our opinions, and if people like Halo: Reach, such as myself, then let it be. 

Another point I want to bring to your attention, and that is all shooters have the same core mechanic. Shooting. D'uh, and if you compare first COD, to the next there are subtle differences that take place year to year. I mean COD4 and COD6 are totally the same, don't get angry at me I like them both.  L4D and L4D2 are the same game with subtle differences. So I don't understand why you have to make a post bashing Halo, and the fact that not a whole lots has changed. 

For us fans enough has changed to warrant excitement. 

We are fan boys, and we are going to keep buying it, so go fuck yourself. It's not like all Halo fans do nothing but play Halo. We are just fans of the games. I hate NHL games, I don't bash because the games are all the same to me.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Enigma777

LOL... this kid is funny! 

He must not get enough attention from his parents at home so he's looking for more.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raviolisumo

My favorite part is "you must take my opinion."

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By thebeast

This 'discussion' isn't going to go anywhere.