penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By penguindust
No Caption Provided
Prefect Dark coming to Xbox Live Arcade?  Forza Motorsport 3 announcements? Call of Duty to be set in Viet Nam?  Motion control?  PSP redesign?

As we edge ever closer to this year’s E3 convention, the rumor machine has revved up and dropped into a higher gear. Leaks from South American conferences and “those close to developers” have provided new tidbits of information for the gaming community.  For the video game industry (and politics), leaks are often the way to test the public’s receptiveness to an idea, and increase the public’s awareness of a forth coming project.  But, last year someone let the cat out of the bag early and spoiled the soup.  Last year’s Intellisponse leak revealed many of the potential surprises from the “Big 3’s” press conferences.  And, I suspect, this tarnished the magic that is E3 for some game enthusiasts. As a result, the Final Fantasy XIII/Xbox 360 trailer became one of the few talked about announcements.

No Caption Provided
I can’t say that I will stop reading Kotaku or visiting Giant Bomb until the convention has started.  In fact, my video game related traffic will probably increase as June draws nearer.  I am a gamer, after all.  However, I hope there isn’t another massive reveal this year.  I enjoy rumors when they are just that, rumors.  I don’t want to run across Deep Throat’s video game diary this month and have it spoil the anticipation that this years Electronic Entertainment Expo will bring.  I maybe asking too much, but this year, I’d like to experience a few “whoa!” moments as the week long event unfolds.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By penguindust
No Caption Provided
Prefect Dark coming to Xbox Live Arcade?  Forza Motorsport 3 announcements? Call of Duty to be set in Viet Nam?  Motion control?  PSP redesign?

As we edge ever closer to this year’s E3 convention, the rumor machine has revved up and dropped into a higher gear. Leaks from South American conferences and “those close to developers” have provided new tidbits of information for the gaming community.  For the video game industry (and politics), leaks are often the way to test the public’s receptiveness to an idea, and increase the public’s awareness of a forth coming project.  But, last year someone let the cat out of the bag early and spoiled the soup.  Last year’s Intellisponse leak revealed many of the potential surprises from the “Big 3’s” press conferences.  And, I suspect, this tarnished the magic that is E3 for some game enthusiasts. As a result, the Final Fantasy XIII/Xbox 360 trailer became one of the few talked about announcements.

No Caption Provided
I can’t say that I will stop reading Kotaku or visiting Giant Bomb until the convention has started.  In fact, my video game related traffic will probably increase as June draws nearer.  I am a gamer, after all.  However, I hope there isn’t another massive reveal this year.  I enjoy rumors when they are just that, rumors.  I don’t want to run across Deep Throat’s video game diary this month and have it spoil the anticipation that this years Electronic Entertainment Expo will bring.  I maybe asking too much, but this year, I’d like to experience a few “whoa!” moments as the week long event unfolds.
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By papercut

I think that a lot of the things they have revealed are things you need to see. Like the motion controls for the 360 and the new PSP. And on top of that,I'mpositive that they will have a few shockers to reveal that havn't been released. Remember FFXIII?

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By tekmojo

Yea it's E3, expect the unexpected expected.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By zityz

Nintendo will announce some new motion peripheral that you screw into your ass. It will also sell millions.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By papercut
zityz said:
"Nintendo will announce some new motion peripheral that you screw into your ass. It will also sell millions."
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jNerd

If you think the leaks are bad now, wait until we're into June. I think the biggest suprises are yet to come, and hopefully Nintendo will have a REAL show this year.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

Of course it spoils it. It makes the actual announcements hugely deflating when they come and actually can make what would have been a "megaton" announcement seem much less.

Everyone wants to expect the unexpected.

Leaks are invetible though. Sadly.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

I would rather have goldeneye as opposed to perfect dark.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

um, i think 360 fanboys highly overrate the importance of the Forza series. great racing game, but really, thats been the one game they've been boasting about the most since there aint much else. its understandable. but if this were two years ago, it wouldnt be getting nearly as much attention. i just hope that all the fanboys keep swearing theres big secrets they just KNOW IT!! is true. 

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
TwoOneFive said:
"um, i think 360 fanboys highly overrate the importance of the Forza series. great racing game, but really, thats been the one game they've been boasting about the most since there aint much else. its understandable. but if this were two years ago, it wouldnt be getting nearly as much attention. i just hope that all the fanboys keep swearing theres big secrets they just KNOW IT!! is true. "
Forza's essentially the 360s Gran Turismo...

Anyway, while E3 things will leak things early, the bigger game announcements that are meant to be the power-hitters  are almost never leaked. 

MolluskLingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MolluskLingers

The biggest E3 leaks:

*Metal Gear Solid 3
*PS3 Price Cut
*FF13 Xbox 360

You also have to note that game journalists see the actual E3 announcements weeks ahead of time. So even when they go they're not as surprised, and that's where the "Man I hate E3" things came in from because it was just retreading for them.