jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Has a nice ring to it dosent it?
I think its a great choice because it's a game I may never get to play (sadly) due to licensing issues and I dont have a Super Nintendo.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for such a thing? Third, didn't like Earthbound.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
JeffGoldblum said:
"Has a nice ring to it dosent it?I think its a great choice because it's a game I may never get to play (sadly) due to licensing issues and I dont have a Super Nintendo."
Brundlefly speaks.  How's the Criminal Intent gig?  Do they let you regurgitate your food on the set with the other flies?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

There are other ways to see the game.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NoDeath
JeffGoldblum said:
"Has a nice ring to it dosent it?I think its a great choice because it's a game I may never get to play (sadly) due to licensing issues and I dont have a Super Nintendo."
God damn you, this was what I was gonna send into the BombCast for their Retro QL. I think its a great idea because its a game I believe many people have heard and know of but very few have actually played (a similar situation to persona 4 unless I'm mistaken). It really is a great game. Also, if you don't have a SNES just buy the cartridge from somewhere, download a ROM, then play it on an emulator.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeffgoldblum
Lind_L_Taylor said:
JeffGoldblum said: "Has a nice ring to it dosent it?I think its a great choice because it's a game I ... [more]
Criminal Intent is okay. I dont get a lot of jobs lately so I take what I can get. At least they are very understanding of my half-fly-handicap.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Metroid545
Video_Game_King said:
First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for such a thing? Third, didn't like ... [more]
First off, don't ask stupid questions. Second, because it was an amazing RPG with a great story and its share of humorous occasions to keep the endurance runners from falling asleep. Last, have you even played this game or were you to busy in cocoron land
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I'd rather see them play games that are known for they're extreme length. Games like persona, that they would never have time to play outside of work. I'd love to see them take a Quick Look Back at Earthbound, though.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Fallen189
Metroid545 said:
Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for such a thing? Third, ... [more]
What.

Pure text would be boring as fuck
Two, don't be so fucking rude. Maybe he isn't a Persona 4 fanboy like you seemingly are. Give it a break.

Third: Pokey ;-;
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus
Fallen189 said:
Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for such a ... [more]
Yeah, I would prefer my Endurance Run candidates to also have some voice acting and cutscenes... not just them scanning over reams of text.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King
Metroid545 said:
Gltich deleted it all and stuff.
First off, I've only heard the term here, and Google couldn't give me any clues, so I find it to be a legitimate question. Second, there's also a high amount of A to B gameplay and a standard battle system that screws up the one lone feature that separates it from others. Third, I like other games besides Cocoron. Hell, I can name 3 game that are better than it.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallen189
TooWalrus said:
Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for ... [more]
This man knows.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Metroid545
Fallen189 said:
Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for such a ... [more]
lol where in my sentence did you pick up P4 fanboy? If you got thatfrom endurance run then you obviously don't get the idea of what an endurance run is.  All they are doing is testing how long they can endure to play a game so long, the meaning isn't that hidden.  Blunt, not rude blunt. Pure text? Heh you haven't played earthbound either.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StarFoxA
Video_Game_King said:
Metroid545 said: Gltich deleted it all and stuff. First off, I've only heard the term here, and Google couldn't give ... [more]
In all honesty, it is kind of difficult to be on this site and not know the term "endurance run." I suggest watching more videos.

The Endurance Run is Jeff and Vinny playing through Persona 4 in a series of videos.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
TooWalrus said:
Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good candidate for ... [more]
If that's the case, I'd recommend Lost Odyssey. That way, they could make jokes about how everybody in that universe has horrible fashion sense, or how you can tell if your adviser is evil (hint: mustache!).
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Metroid545
TooWalrus said:
I see your point but really is the voice acting what really doing anything? Mostly they skip over it and the voices we hear are mainly Jeff and Vinny.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
StarFoxA said:
Yep, glitchified.
When this thread first began, I hadn't been here for that long. Sure, I formed this account early in the days of Giant Bomb, but I didn't come in until early April. Plus I have this policy against watching games I haven't beaten, as I don't want to spoil the game should I play it later in the future.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallen189
Metroid545 said:
Yes, I have, I'm older than 11. It's quirky, sure. But with no real voice acting, we'd just be listening to them read text.

Thrilling.

Furthermore I like the idea of Lost Odyssey.

For Jansen alone.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StarFoxA
Fallen189 said:
Metroid545 said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good ... [more]
Vinny already does read a lot of the not voice acted text in Persona 4. Not all of it is voice acted, so that point isn't really applicable. Besides, I'm sure that if you've managed to make it to this place we call Giant Bomb, then you can read.

Admittedly, though, the idea behind the "endurance run" is to endure through an incredibly long game. EarthBound doesn't really meet this requirement, although it would still be interesting to see Vinny and Jeff's commentary on the game (which is what makes the Persona 4 endurance run worth it).
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Metroid545
Fallen189 said:
Metroid545 said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound a good ... [more]
"Yes, I have, I'm older than 11" Oh man! Give the dude a medal! Lost odyssey? ok game just not endurance run material.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallen189

ITT: The internet.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metroid545
StarFoxA said:
Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why is Earthbound ... [more]
Meh thats true I can see why that would remove it from the list off possibilities.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StarFoxA
Metroid545 said:
StarFoxA said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? Second, why ... [more]
I never said that it wasn't. I think that an EarthBound (or an EarthBound Zero) endurance run would be awesome.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fallen189

Mario Kaizo endurance run.

That's where it's at.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Metroid545
StarFoxA said:
Metroid545 said: StarFoxA said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Fallen189 said: Metroid545 said: Video_Game_King said: First off, what's an endurance run? ... [more]
wait both of them? That would be kinda odd jumping from one game to another...
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
JeffGoldblum said:
Lind_L_Taylor said: JeffGoldblum said: "Has a nice ring to it dosent it?I think its a great choice because it's a ... [more]
How's the stalker situation?  I remember reading about some guy stalking you...I think he had a fetish for insect hairs.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Lind_L_Taylor: Yeah I get that a lot Being infused with the DNA of a fly has enhanced my sexual abilities.
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

We don't even know if there will be another ER; Jeff & Vinny will be lucky if they make it through the Persona 4 one alive. xD