Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Edited By SharpShotApollo

** EDIT: I was looking through my old work and realized this made me sound like all gamers have entitlement. I want to assure you I don't think that to be the case. I wanted this to be an analysis of how I can understandably see why it does exist and why some people could feel they should have some sort of ruling voice. I don't feel I do, but spend any time on a gaming forum and you see why I think a lot of gamers do. **

As most people know, gamers are known to have the most profound entitlement in any industry of entertainment. Many people don't seem to understand why. Well, there is a very good reason why. We pay for our hobby. Sure other people spend money on their hobby. People who play sports buy equipment, TV watchers pay for Cable, movie-goers buy tickets/rentals, people who race buy parts and fuel. Usually all bought once and after a period of time, they replace broken parts or upgrade. Gamers, on the other hand, PAY for their hobby. More-so than any other form of hobby. Think about it. We buy games on a monthly basis, we pay to play online with Xbox Live, we pay for deals when it comes to PSN Plus. We pay monthly fees for MMOs. We buy DLC to extend an otherwise finished game. We buy multiple consoles. We buy better parts almost annually for PCs. So on and so fourth.

We have this entitlement because we pay to play; we keep the industry going. Without us games and consoles wouldn't exist. I guess you could say that about anyone's hobby, but Gamers are the most opinionated and rightfully so. I watch TV, I watch Movies, I play Sports. Gaming, however, is where I spend my hard earned cash the most. Why do we get pissed when a game is delayed or doesn't turn out they way we wanted? Well, because we pay good money for these games and to see I'm not going to get it on time or it sucks, well, sucks! It's sites like Giant Bomb, IGN, Joystiq and Destructoid that help us spend our money properly. It's why they provide us with a forum to discuss the industry and our favorite games. I bet their more sites dedicated to gaming than there is model building or puzzle making.

I don't start flame wars; I'm not a fanboy. I like gaming. I like to be civilized when I talk about games, just like any other medium for discussion. The pictures below will prove my point as to why some have this sense of idealistic authority in the gaming industry. It's also my collection of gaming hardware at my current residence. The rest is in storage or is digital via Steam.

Xbox 360 and PS3 current collection.
 I kinda like collector's editions.
 Xbox, Gamecube and DS collection.
 Only a few of my PC games. I hate Jewel Cases, so I printed out DVD labels and bought cases for my older games.
Only a few of my PC games. I hate Jewel Cases, so I printed out DVD labels and bought cases for my older games.
 Battle Chests along with Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed collectible guides. Didn't break the spine!
Battle Chests along with Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed collectible guides. Didn't break the spine!
 A disappointing buy. The BLOPS prestige edition.
A disappointing buy. The BLOPS prestige edition.
 A few more games plus my 2 360's and my big block Xbox.
 PS3 and Gamecube. Unfortunately, my N64, SNES and NES are in storage. Also, old, shitty laptop is shitty. (Under Lugz box)
PS3 and Gamecube. Unfortunately, my N64, SNES and NES are in storage. Also, old, shitty laptop is shitty. (Under Lugz box)
 Collector's Edition junk.
 More CE junk. I love all of it.
 My parents handed me a box when they last visited. Game were in it. It worried me though. This is a fraction of it...
My parents handed me a box when they last visited. Game were in it. It worried me though. This is a fraction of it...
 SNES and N64 Zelda's i display prominently!
 I don't know who did this to my game!!
 Game changer.
Game changer.
 Still have yet to finish this game. Hard as fuck!
 Don't even remember owning this!
 Classic. As much so as my copy of Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge. I wish that was in this box.
Classic. As much so as my copy of Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge. I wish that was in this box.
 Perfect condition N64 controller. Probably one of the last.
 They seem prehistoric now.
 Booklet. No game to be found though.
 Some of my N64 and a couple of SNES games. This around the time I started keeping boxes.
Some of my N64 and a couple of SNES games. This around the time I started keeping boxes.
 Still works. I might play Pokemon Red later!
 How times have changed.
How times have changed.
 One of several plastic instruments from the rhythm game genre craze.
One of several plastic instruments from the rhythm game genre craze.

So that's it. It kind of gives perspective in why we have so much entitlement. It may not always come off as a good thing, but maybe people should understand a little more why we do. Do you think we're entitled? Good thing or bad thing? Sound off!

-Your friendly neighborhood SharpShotApollo

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SharpShotApollo

As most people know, gamers are known to have the most profound entitlement in any industry of entertainment. Many people don't seem to understand why. Well, there is a very good reason why. We pay for our hobby. Sure other people spend money on their hobby. People who play sports buy equipment, TV watchers pay for Cable, movie-goers buy tickets/rentals, people who race buy parts and fuel. Usually all bought once and after a period of time, they replace broken parts or upgrade. Gamers, on the other hand, PAY for their hobby. More-so than any other form of hobby. Think about it. We buy games on a monthly basis, we pay to play online with Xbox Live, we pay for deals when it comes to PSN Plus. We pay monthly fees for MMOs. We buy DLC to extend an otherwise finished game. We buy multiple consoles. We buy better parts almost annually for PCs. So on and so fourth.  

We have this entitlement because we pay to play;  we keep the industry going. Without us games and consoles wouldn't exist. I guess you could say that about anyone's hobby, but Gamers are the most opinionated and rightfully so. I watch TV, I watch Movies, I play Sports. Gaming, however, is where I spend my hard earned cash the most. Why do we get pissed when a game is delayed or doesn't turn out they way we wanted? Well, because we pay good money for these games and to see I'm not going to get it on time or it sucks, well, sucks! It's sites like Giant Bomb, IGN, Joystiq and Destructoid that help us spend our money properly. It's why they provide us with a forum to discuss the industry and our favorite games. I bet their more sites dedicated to gaming than there is model building or puzzle making. 

I don't start flame wars; I'm not a fanboy. I like gaming. I like to be civilized when I talk about games, just like any other medium for discussion. I try not to flaunt my sense of entitlement. I really don't. It's almost like bragging. Which I dislike. The pictures below, however, will prove my point as to why we have this sense of idealistic authority in the gaming industry. It's also my collection of gaming hardware at my current residence. The rest is in storage or is digital via Steam.

Battle Chests along with Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed collectible guides. Didn't break the spine!
 Battle Chests along with Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed collectible guides. Didn't break the spine!

A disappointing buy. The BLOPS prestige edition.
 A disappointing buy. The BLOPS prestige edition.

PS3 and Gamecube. Unfortunately, my N64, SNES and NES are in storage. Also, old, shitty laptop is shitty. (Under Lugz box)
 PS3 and Gamecube. Unfortunately, my N64, SNES and NES are in storage. Also, old, shitty laptop is shitty. (Under Lugz box)

Game changer.
 Game changer.

How times have changed.
 How times have changed.

One of several plastic instruments from the rhythm game genre craze.
 One of several plastic instruments from the rhythm game genre craze.

So that's it. It kind of gives perspective in why we have so much entitlement. It may not always come off as a good thing, but maybe people should understand a little more why we do. Do you think we're entitled? Good thing or bad thing? Sound off! 

-Your friendly neighborhood SharpShotApollo
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wrighteous86

I think you're right as to why the sense of entitlement exists, but I still don't think it's appropriate in many cases.

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@Wrighteous86: Agreed. I don't like when people use it to bitch about the industry. I'm more or less pointing out the fact as why we have over other hobbyists. :)
az929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By az929

"I bet their more sites dedicated to gaming than there is model building or puzzle making." This made me laugh because it's so true.

I agree. You figure you pay all this money to developers so they can use it to make better games. Like they say, you talk with your wallet.    

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By X19

I don't understand why games you buy online (PSN Store) cost the same as in store. 

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@X19: Neither do I. Without shelfing fees and hardware production, digital distribution should be much cheaper. Even including a fee for space on the server, there still should be a discount.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
@X19 said:
" I don't understand why games you buy online (PSN Store) cost the same as in store.  "
You'd only piss off the retailers if you charged less for them online.
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@AZ929: Truth. That why I don't understand how some games get sequels. The gaming industry is as much of a game as the games they make. : \
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By X19
@Hailinel: It's not even the same price, they're charging more than the retailers are for games. Borderlands with no DLC is £23 online while the retail is more like £15. Also online only games such as the PSN minis and PS3 exclusives like echochrome and pixeljunks are disgustingly overpriced. 

I honestly think if retail vanished today online games would still be full price.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Sure I think gamers have more entitlement then most other people when it comes to their hobby. Gamers can help keep companies in check and stop them from trying to dick us over with bad deals or over-priced shit.

My issue is when some gamers on the internet feel entitled. They want content up faster, rage every time anything happens to a game they like, and think they should get everything for free. I have a couple of friends that feel that because they can pirate games, they should. Its wrong and only hurts the gaming industry.

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@wasteguru said:
" Sure I think gamers have more entitlement then most other people when it comes to their hobby. Gamers can help keep companies in check and stop them from trying to dick us over with bad deals or over-priced shit. My issue is when some gamers on the internet feel entitled. They want content up faster, rage every time anything happens to a game they like, and think they should get everything for free. I have a couple of friends that feel that because they can pirate games, they should. Its wrong and only hurts the gaming industry. "
Agreed. I think pirating is complete bullshit. I'll admit, I did it when I was younger when it came to some PC games, but once I got a job realized what I was doing I put a stop to it. I have no problem paying for games. Nobody should!
Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Gaff
@X19 said:
" @Hailinel: It's not even the same price, they're charging more than the retailers are for games. Borderlands with no DLC is £23 online while the retail is more like £15. Also online only games such as the PSN minis and PS3 exclusives like echochrome and pixeljunks are disgustingly overpriced.  I honestly think if retail vanished today online games would still be full price. "
Don't forget that Sony, Microsoft and Steam to a certain extent have to match retail prices (the whole "we're not going to sell your games and consoles if you don't" threat - see the retailer hysteria at the PSP Go launch -). Retailers on the other hand are free to set their own prices: there are considerations of stock, demand, etc, but on the whole pretty free (see: Black Friday discussion on the Bombcast). I remember stunning my friends when I bought Cataclysm for a whopping €10 when the recommended retail price was €34,99. 
Still, the best proof of a digital-only store would not be Steam, but... the Apple App Store, which, depending on your opinion of it, is either horrifying or great.

Also, somewhere, somehow, we've gotten used to the  €59,99 / $60 / £40 price point and anything selling at a lower price point at launch is viewed with suspicion. 

@SharpShotApollo: Another factor: buying games is still a lot more convenient than pirating in a way!
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@Gaff: Definitely! I prefer buying a LOT more than I ever did when I pirated. I mean, sure I only did it a couple of times, but still. It sucked. I did it back in the day and had to deal with rips. Fucking separate video files, sound files and games files. What a fucking joke. I know it's gotten better, but it was a fucking hassle and today with online gaming, I just don't want to go through what it must take to get games working. I'm ashamed of myself for ever pirating games.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@SharpShotApollo: When I first read the title of this blog I thought this was going to be another whinefest about how gamers should be more subservient to the companies and their practices. I'm really glad it wasn't, as I'm frankly getting sick and tired of seeing gamers attack other gamers for having a different opinion, or bitching because some gamers treat day-one DLC with suspicion. There are reasons for suspicion, and frankly locking people out of content on the disc is kind of sleazy, no matter what someone tries to justify it with. 

On the whole, I think you raise valid points to try and explain the whole "ENTITLEMENT~!" label that seems to be wielded around the Internet like a knife. Gamers do pay a lot more for their hobby than almost any other, and as a result I think people have a right to voice their opinion on a given subject. It's just sad that people can only respond with fits and accusations of "ENTITLEMENT~!" instead of crafting a well-reasoned and thought out argument as to why some business practice is okay.
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By JTB123

That's a pretty striking collecion you have :)

Gaming is an expensive hobby, and I also think that's why younger gamers I speak to can't comprehend some of the stuff I have to say about games. They simply get everything bought for them, consoles, games, TV, XBL subs and DLC etc. It's a whole different ball game when you're paying for all that stuff yourself.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Arbie

I like this thread. I liked the pictures and I like how you have your consoles set up. That said, even though I know we pay a lot of money for games and consoles I find it hard to say I feel entitled to anything. But I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, it's just simply my outlook on most areas of life! I do see what you mean at the same time though. =]

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X19
@Gaff: Sony and Microsoft should at least match what the retail is selling at normal rates. The Apple App Store is horrifying, I paid £5 for the Monkey Island game and the next week it went down to 59p!!! Retail you can follow how prices are changing and what impact new games coming on to the shelf will have on old game prices. There is something structured to it and when you do buy games you don't feel that the likelihood of getting it cheaper is an option. Online stores are completely erratic and take away the confidence you mentioned that   €59,99 / $60 / £40 has become the standard price point. 

For me it's less about new releases than old games getting put on online stores and being terribly overpriced. Assassin's Creed 1 is on the PSN store for over £20, if retail tried to sell it at that price it would never move off the shelf. I understand online stores are still pretty new but until they stop yanking the consumer around I will continue to buy at retail unless it's only available online.
Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

Being passionate about your hobby is not quite the same as entitlement. I agree with all of your post, but don't think that "entitlement" is the proper term for what you feel. As someone who funds the companies providing you with entertainment, you absolutely have a vested interest in how they are run, handled, and design their product.  
The best example of entitlement I can think of is the fiasco that Ubisoft endured when they began to use restrictive DRM. A group of people then attacked the infrastructure and crashed the DRM system - but why?  
A normal person would be angry, and find their practice of DRM horrible. A normal person would simply not buy the game.  
Only an entitled person would agree with proactively harming the company, as I assume they feel some "right" to dictate how Ubisoft designs their games.  
That is entitlement. 

You don't sound entitled at all - you sound like a smart consumer.

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@KingWilly: Thing is, while the industry continues to grow, that sleazy practice grows as well. That's why within this community, this business, the hobbyists have a stronger voice than any other hobby...hell any other industry. I mean really, they know we're paying for them to continue doing what their doing, so they listen to us. Well, the good ones do anyway! 

@JTB123:
 Thanks! The only systems my parents got me were the NES and SNES and that was a stretch for them. We didn't have a whole lot of extra cash for things like gaming, but my parents started this hobby for me, so from the N64 up, I pretty much found ways to pay for my addiction myself. Once out of High School it got easier though. Once I had steady incoming money, my addiction bloomed to a whole new level. :P

@Erzs: Not everyone will feel the same way. It would be weird if we did though, right? :P I look it like sports fans. They definitely can make their voices heard, but they really don't have a say, unless they're season ticket holders and even then it's a stretch. I'm guilty of just that when it comes to sports too, but when it comes to gaming, I've spent so much time and money that I think it's hard not to be even just a little entitled. :P I'm glad you liked it though!
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@DetectiveSpecial: Entitlement is a strong word, I agree, but it's the word that's thrown around the industry and gaming media when describing gamers. If they want to use that word, fine, but they should have a better meaning of the title before latching it onto gamers. I'm actually surprised those dudes who did that to Ubi weren't called Terror Nerds. Seems fitting for popular media in the industry to label them as such.
Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DetectiveSpecial
@SharpShotApollo:  You, my friend, need to begin using the term "Terror Nerds" in everyday conversation until it attaches itself to our lexicon. Fucking brilliant.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishan6

well.... idk i try not to feel to entitled 

but honestly why the fuck would you spend that much on fucking special editions of games....

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

I don't think that anyone should feel more entitled about games more so than anything else, whatever you are passionate about you will have a strong opinion towards regardless. 

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Entitlement" in the gaming community gets thrown around like a dirty word now, and I think that's wrong. When I pay $60 for a game, I do think I am ENTITLED to a certain level of quality based on the amount of money I payed. I feel ENTITLED to a working product, and to prompt response to bugs and the like. I feel ENTITLED to all the content on the disc I payed full price for. That's the problem with gaming nowadays, some franchises are SO popular and will make a profit REGARDLESS of quality, that certain developers/publishers have decided that it is not in their best business interest to care about the customer. Why spend money making people happy when you can spend that same money making ANOTHER game that will sell just as well if not better than the one you just put out? Game companies also get a huge advantage in the fact that they don't need to worry about product returns/refunds affecting their business. Small developers always give the best attention to their customers. Why? Because if they don't make a good impression on the gaming public, they're history. Large developers/publishers ignoring bugs, shipping bad PC/Console ports of games, and on disc DLC have just brought this out into the forefront.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BigLemon

Life is far less difficult the faster you arrive at this conclusion: the world does not, nor will it ever, owe you anything.

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@BigLemon said:
" Life is far less difficult the faster you arrive at this conclusion: the world does not, nor will it ever, owe you anything. "
This is why I don't recycle. Oh...you didn't actually mean the planet itself. :P
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingzetta

Here's a massage for the world.
If you have a entitlement complex, go to hell.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By tourgen

I always saw the entitlement argument as a weak straw man.  They can't point to anything specific that you are saying that is incorrect or unreasonable so they bust out Entitlement.  What they really mean is, "Hey we are ripping you off and would like to continue to do so.  Quit complaining and give us your money."

EDIT: now that I think about it I hear some from the business side of things whine about Entitlement when they aren't having the success they deserve.  It's a hilarious bit of cognitive dissonance.  They aren't failing because their customers are making unreasonable demands.  They are failing because their product or strategy sucks.  Rather than face it they whine about their customers.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@tourgen: The worst is when it's fellow consumers who are more than willing to bend over that are telling you to do so because hey, they do.
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SharpShotApollo

I don't feel I have any sort of entitlement, my point of this was the fact it's hard to feel not to have it once and awhile. I'm not condoning how some people act just because they play video games. I'm just saying people need to be a little more understanding about the hobby when we have been playing for years. Not all of us keep our games, my collection speaks for itself. I just hate being brushed off and told my sense of entitlement is unjust when A) Fuck off, I'm not entitled because I have an opinion and 2) Just because my counterpoint is better than your argument, don't use entitlement to "win". 

Again some people feel this sense of entitlement stronger than others and if they make good, strong arguments, have at it. When it's a kid ranting about Call of Duty sucking and wants his money back, I can't help but understand why people in the media say we have this sense. It's fuckers like that 12 year old douche nozzle who becomes a stereotype for a generation of veteran gamers. If "entitlement" is the word the media wants to use to describe our passion, fine. Just use the word wisely and don't throw it around.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingzetta
@SharpShotApollo: 
One question, Do you think all DLC should be free no matter what?
yes or no?
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@kingzetta: No. If you're giving me a new experience or giving me something worth asking money for, I'm gonna pay for it. Borderlands, Mass Effect, Fallout 3...all of these games gave me awesome new experiences I was happy to pay for.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kingzetta
@SharpShotApollo said:
" @kingzetta: No. If you're giving me a new experience or giving me something worth asking money for, I'm gonna pay for it. Borderlands, Mass Effect, Fallout 3...all of these games gave me awesome new experiences I was happy to pay for. "
Then you don't have entitlement complex 
*pats on the back*
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SharpShotApollo
@kingzetta: Well. That's a relief. :D
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By l4wd0g

Americans, in general, have a sense of entitlement.

President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g said:
" Americans, in general, have a sense of entitlement. "
Yeah, that's good, lump a whole country into that generalization why don't you. That's pretty damn racist.
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By l4wd0g
@President_Barackbar said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Yeah, that's good, lump a whole country into that generalization why don't you. That's pretty damn racist. "
Huh? Can you be racist against your own people? 

Here's an example, this isn't meant to be political.

Health care, a lot of people want free health care (regardless of your opinion on Obama's Health Care bill) , but they don't want to pay the taxes for it.  Or am I totally off base?
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Yeah, that's good, lump a whole country into that generalization why don't you. That's pretty damn racist. "
Huh? Can you be racist against your own people?   Here's an example, this isn't meant to be political. Health care, a lot of people want free health care (regardless of your opinion on Obama's Health Care bill) , but they don't want to pay the taxes for it.  Or am I totally off base? "
Yeah, you are totally off base. It's a broad generalization that doesn't apply to everyone, so therefore it is inappropriate.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@l4wd0g said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Huh? Can you be racist against your own people?   Here's an example, this isn't meant to be political. Health care, a lot of people want free health care (regardless of your opinion on Obama's Health Care bill) , but they don't want to pay the taxes for it.  Or am I totally off base? "
Really? That's what's keeping the Americans from having a universal system?  

Honestly Ameribros, it's worth the taxes.
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingWilly said:
" @l4wd0g said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Really? That's what's keeping the Americans from having a universal system?   Honestly Ameribros, it's worth the taxes. "
Too many rich morons here who would burn their money before they let it help anyone.
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By tourgen
@KingWilly said:
" @tourgen: The worst is when it's fellow consumers who are more than willing to bend over that are telling you to do so because hey, they do. "
Oh man yes, that is so frustrating.  I want a fair deal and I expect to be treated respectfully.  Just because other people seem to be fine with being treated like a cash crop to be harvested doesn't mean I'm being a whiner when I point out that it's BS.
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By l4wd0g
@President_Barackbar
@KingWilly said:
" @l4wd0g said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Really? That's what's keeping the Americans from having a universal system?   Honestly Ameribros, it's worth the taxes. "
Too many rich morons here who would burn their money before they let it help anyone.
That's what I'm talking about. It's not your money they can do with it what they will. If it's right or not is another question.
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By l4wd0g
@KingWilly
@l4wd0g said:
" @l4wd0g said:
Really? That's what's keeping the Americans from having a universal system?  

Honestly Ameribros, it's worth the taxes.
Yeah, the American health care system is really jacked up. There is a lot of issues with the plan Obama signed into law.

My wife got her BSRN and Master's in Public Health from John Hopkins. The school is torn over Obama's care plan.

In major cities the homeless flock to the ER for a warm bed for a few hours. I'm not just being an ass, it's a serious problem.

The real problem that I have with it is that all US laws are based on our Constitution. And health care isn't covered. There is currently a class action law suit against the Bill.