Evolution of Playstation (Sony YouTube series)

herdi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By herdi3

Leading up to the Playstation event next week (20th Feb) Sony is releasing a series of videos looking back a previous consoles. Here are the first two.

PS1:

I remember a friend had a Playstation way before anyone else, we would sit a play the original Tekken for hours and hours, oh and Wipeout.

PS2:

I have fond memories of the PS2, at university with group of people rocking the multitap and playing Sydney Olympics 2000. Obviously GTA3 blew my mind. PS2 Still a great machine.

A trip down memory lane, Sony's golden years.

So what were your games of choice?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By big_jon

I like these, but you should add some text, or the mods will come, rape, and pillage this thread.

I was a Nintendo kid, then an Xbox kid, so though I find these interesting, I did not experience any of it.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't wait to see what they say about the Vita.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaMisterChief

<Troll comment here>

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I remember playing Sly Cooper all the time on Ps2. On Ps1 I played Tekken a ton of times. I also loved putting in cheats into Jurassic Park and got to play as a Velociraptor and t-rex. Since I was young and sucked at games at the time, I always was looking up cheat codes and tricks to play games.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The blue PS2 box is still classy as heck.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe I was just too young to appreciate the SNES era, but the PS2 generation to me was the best collection of games on a single system. Also, the Slim PS2 was the sexiest damn system designed to date.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The PS2 DVD drive was not very good.. Used it to watch The Two Towers, crapped out on me. Looked on the IGN list of DVD's of titles that don't work, there it was!. ~ Still liked Ratchet and Clank, though. 1&2, Classics.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

The PS1 and PS2 days were so great. PS1 still had amazing JRPGs which was basically all i played back then. I did start playing stuff like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid but i mostly stuck to JRPGs.

The PS2 was when i truly started to diversify the types of games i played. GTA III!!! Goddamn! What a revelation that game was. In a lot of way i miss the simplicity and the sense of discovery of that era in gaming.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

One of my favorite Playstation memories is playing Tekken 3(?) against my bff in an Ogre vs True Ogre grudge match that ended with a draw in the final round, leaving us tied 77-77.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite Playstation memories is playing Tekken 3(?) against my bff in an Ogre vs True Ogre grudge match that ended with a draw in the final round, leaving us tied 77-77.

I feel like everybody who played Tekken 3 had a grudge match of some sorts.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

So much nostalgia!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sooty

@andorski said:

Maybe I was just too young to appreciate the SNES era, but the PS2 generation to me was the best collection of games on a single system. Also, the Slim PS2 was the sexiest damn system designed to date.

I think the crystal Xbox and Dreamcast are very hard designs to beat. They look so classy, the Xbox is bulky but that thing is still amazing.

Slim PS2 is still great though, shame the PS3 slim and 'super slim' both turned out horrible, especially that most recent model, good god that thing looks like something from the 70s. That American SNES is also absolutely horrific compared to Japan and European models.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly my best memory of a Sony console was going to my buddies house during lunches back in school and playing the original Syphon Filter and cracking up at the god awful run animation. There were a lot of good games, but man the bad ones really stick with you some times.

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rpwll

I still remember getting my Satin Silver PS2 with Final Fantasy X and Ratchet & Clank 2, I poured so many hours into that system and the silver model was so goddamn sexy. I also kind of miss bringing my memory card over to friends' houses, sure you can use USB sticks now but it's not really the same.

It's amazing how much the PS2 dominated that era, with the exception of a few friends who had GameCubes, pretty much everyone I knew had a PS2. I think I only saw like two or three Xboxes throughout that whole period.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

This is all building up to the PS4 being revealed soon, I have no doubt about it.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the meltdowns if it's just Vita4G.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Here is the PS3 video.

Loading Video...

The PS1 and PS2 are definitely my two favorite consoles, so many good games started on them and i cant ever see any new consoles matching them.