Failed to contact key server.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

Fuel is on sale on steam for like 3.50 that would be a good deal if it worked. Everyone I know that bought this game gets the same error when they try to play. "failed to contact key server" The game will not start. Im glad I only wasted 3.50 still pissed tho. Also why did it put this post under general discussion?

ComandoF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ComandoF
@Funzzo said:
" Fuel is on sale on steam for like 3.50 that would be a good deal if it worked. Everyone I know that bought this game gets the same error when they try to play. "failed to contact key server" The game will not start. Im glad I only wasted 3.50 still pissed tho. Also why did it put this post under general discussion? "
Exact same problem, frustrating. Please post solution if you ound one. Awaiting Steam support to get back to me.
GlItCh017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GlItCh017

Hey guys just found you via google...if you search for 
"failed to contact key server"
this is actually the second page that returns as a result.

But I'm having the same issue as well if I find a solution I'll let you know but my assumption (as this has happened in the past) is that Steam doesn't physically have enough keys for the game. So with this sale they probably ran out and need to buy more.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@Funzzo said:
"Also why did it put this post under general discussion? "

There's a bug on the site at the moment which means threads are occasionally misposted into general discussion.
GlItCh017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GlItCh017

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1248955 just what I thought

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

I kept trying to launch L4D2 the other day only to be hit with "The servers are too busy to handle your request", I just kept clicking till it let me on though.

Steam's deals clearly increasing demand =( And wasting my money.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By butano

It's what happened when they sold Prey. They don't have enough keys for the game at the moment, but they'll get more eventually. You could say that they "ran out of FUEL."