Final fantasy xiv for ps3

yourbuddyjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yourbuddyjeff

So my question is who's going to play it? Who's played it (realm reborn) and how'd it stack vs regular xiv?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing the beta on the PS3. I have no idea how it stacks up to 1.0 (other than second hand impression of it being way better), but I enjoyed what I played of it. The PS3 controls work quite well. I've never been fully comfortable with mouse and keyboard controls in MMOs, so I think that's actually a relatively significant reason why I've enjoyed it as much as I have.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been a huge fan of MMO games, but I gave FFXIV beta a try..and I loved it. I've never been too much of a PC gamer so I played in on PS3 and controls were positive surprise to me.

I'll be playing Phase 4 next weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll purchase the game yet, I might just wait until it comes out on PS4. Easier said than done to stop playing after the beta, but there will be so many games to play on autumn that I think I'll manage the wait.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourbuddyjeff: It is a whole different game. I have bought 1.0 at launch and was really disappointing with it. But with the new team they build it is totally different. This team is listening to people they really have a great vision and they showed this with the last betas. On a difficult level it is no FFXI from back then but still it feels different from WOW because of the focus of telling a story through cut scenes etc. The world is just beautiful. You have no corridors anymore but rather wide open worldish big areas. Fighting system is a bit too fast for my taste but at least they did not listen to all these free to play tera gamer who wanted to have an action based combat system.

I will be there day one for sure^^

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I always wondered how this game turned out. I know it was condemned terribly when it released, but most MMO's have rocky launches. I still wanted to try it though, seeing as how I spend in the hundreds of hours playing Final Fantasy XI.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpilkington: try it on the 17th. t is a whole another game and a bit more like a more friendly FFXI

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's great. I played in phase 2 and 3 on PS3. The controls are excellent for using a controller. Once you get it down its very simple and you can get though menus pretty quickly. I only had time to do a few characters solo but it was enjoyable. Has a good single player RPG feel for solo. On the mmo side it works well and I didn’t get bored at all. The dynamic events that work exactly like Guild Wars 2 are a nice touch for quick group play and getting loads more experience rather than relying on just quests and grinding. Playing solo was good enough for me to confirm a purchase but I am going to be waiting for the PS4 version. If they do give a large discount on upgrading from PS3 to PS4 then I will consider a day one purchase for PS3. It plays great and looks great. I look forward to playing it and getting in on a GB Guild.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It's great. I like the controller interface for the PS3 more then I like the PC version. Also being able to read chat, menus, and quests was an added bonus. For a PS3 MMO it looked great just don't compare it to the PC version of the game.

Just be sure you have around 40 megs of storage for the install it. Yes its a 20 MB game but you have to have double the space to download and install.

Friday can't come soon enough.

yourbuddyjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh I'll have plenty of storage I figured it was going to be a huge install so I cleaned out a lot of ps+ stuff that I wasnt playing anymore