Final thoughts on red faction (possible spoilers so be warned)

sephiroth1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By sephiroth1983

Well how we all doing its been a while my pc broke so have had to wait for a replacement hence the long time since my last blog. As per my above title i am here to offer my final thoughts on red faction after finishing it. Here is my breakdown:-

Graphical quality through out

Well overall i would say the graphics was as good as you could expect for a current generation game. The main draw as everyone knows is the destruction element to the game and i have to say that whilst it was fun it did start to feel like a one trick pony towards the end of the game. In terms of the environment i thought the studio made a good attempt at trying to add a bit of variaty to each of the zones that you travelled to. Overall i would say that the grapics did not wow me so to speak but they held up with the odd dip in framerate and over all i was happy with that section of the game

Gameplay

Well the gameplay was all about the destruction in an open world and whilst other games have claimed destruction this one delivers on that premises right from the get go. It is an awesome feeling to almost destroy a tower and as your walking away you hear it crash in the background and you know you have done your job well. There are the side missions as there are in most open world games these days but i did feel that these became very repetative towards the end (transporter missions i am looking at you) and did not add anything to the overall experience. So all in all the gameplay was fun and hectic at times and i enjoyed it whilst the experience lasted. Also on a side note the enemy placement had a habit of being rather cheap especially the last mission again this might be me being picky but thats my thoughts on the matter.

Multi-player

Well having not played a lot of the online for this game i can only offer basic impressions on what i thought coming away from it. In a nutshell i would have to say i thought the online was more fun than i had anticipated. I know this is going to be a short section but all i will say is that it was fun whilst it lasted.

Replayability

Well this game has a lot to do outside of the main missions it took me about 15 hours to get through the single player game and thats without a lot of the side stuff actually done. If you are the kind of person that likes to collect everything in open world type games then you should have a blast thats for sure and you will get your moneys worth thats for sure. There is also the online that has several modes and should provide more hours of gameplay should you choose to play that side of the game. 

Final Thoughts

So my final thoughts are that whilst i enjoyed the game i did find it a bit repetative towards the end and also quite cheap in others. I had fun for the 15 hours or so but i will not be going back to it in the future i simply dont find the side missions worthy of my time. I hope this has helped anyone on the fence about the game or at least provided some decent reading for anyone that has viewed this.

I will be doing more of these as i get back into the regular blogging that i used to do before i lost the use of my pc. As always comments are welcome and feedback is always a good thing. Please no flaming as i am no expert on games i just like to play them. Peace out giant bomb community

sephiroth1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sephiroth1983

Well how we all doing its been a while my pc broke so have had to wait for a replacement hence the long time since my last blog. As per my above title i am here to offer my final thoughts on red faction after finishing it. Here is my breakdown:-

Graphical quality through out

Well overall i would say the graphics was as good as you could expect for a current generation game. The main draw as everyone knows is the destruction element to the game and i have to say that whilst it was fun it did start to feel like a one trick pony towards the end of the game. In terms of the environment i thought the studio made a good attempt at trying to add a bit of variaty to each of the zones that you travelled to. Overall i would say that the grapics did not wow me so to speak but they held up with the odd dip in framerate and over all i was happy with that section of the game

Gameplay

Well the gameplay was all about the destruction in an open world and whilst other games have claimed destruction this one delivers on that premises right from the get go. It is an awesome feeling to almost destroy a tower and as your walking away you hear it crash in the background and you know you have done your job well. There are the side missions as there are in most open world games these days but i did feel that these became very repetative towards the end (transporter missions i am looking at you) and did not add anything to the overall experience. So all in all the gameplay was fun and hectic at times and i enjoyed it whilst the experience lasted. Also on a side note the enemy placement had a habit of being rather cheap especially the last mission again this might be me being picky but thats my thoughts on the matter.

Multi-player

Well having not played a lot of the online for this game i can only offer basic impressions on what i thought coming away from it. In a nutshell i would have to say i thought the online was more fun than i had anticipated. I know this is going to be a short section but all i will say is that it was fun whilst it lasted.

Replayability

Well this game has a lot to do outside of the main missions it took me about 15 hours to get through the single player game and thats without a lot of the side stuff actually done. If you are the kind of person that likes to collect everything in open world type games then you should have a blast thats for sure and you will get your moneys worth thats for sure. There is also the online that has several modes and should provide more hours of gameplay should you choose to play that side of the game. 

Final Thoughts

So my final thoughts are that whilst i enjoyed the game i did find it a bit repetative towards the end and also quite cheap in others. I had fun for the 15 hours or so but i will not be going back to it in the future i simply dont find the side missions worthy of my time. I hope this has helped anyone on the fence about the game or at least provided some decent reading for anyone that has viewed this.

I will be doing more of these as i get back into the regular blogging that i used to do before i lost the use of my pc. As always comments are welcome and feedback is always a good thing. Please no flaming as i am no expert on games i just like to play them. Peace out giant bomb community