First ever official BonusEXPcast!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Diamond

Disclaimer : Neither this post nor podcast are yet officially endorsed by Jeff Gerstmann.
Disclaimer : Neither this post nor podcast are yet officially endorsed by Jeff Gerstmann.
Hey Duders!  Back a few months ago I was talking a lot to user SodiumCyclops ( Pat) outside the site and eventually he asked me about a project him and Hirashin ( David) were working on.  They had gone through a ton of crazy stuff (you can ask them more about it, who knows what they'll answer), but eventually they wanted to make a video game website, very much inspired by GiantBomb.  Really, it was upon hearing the name of the site, BonusEXP, that I figured these guys might actually have some idea of what they're doing. 

The past month or so has been contributed to site design & art (mostly David), audio design (mostly Pat), and loafing (me, Andy).  Well, actually I've researched most of the news (something I like to do anyways), and I plan on being the main writer guy (and editor?) for the site.  We all plan to participate in a weekly podcast (barring any horrible accidents), and we've been practicing for a while now.

So anyways, today created our first 'official' podcast, and we've put up some reviews.  We plan on updating the site regularly, but I expect things will be naturally slow at first.  David actually accidentally wiped a lot of our older work so now we're making backups :P  All 3 of us have pretty different takes on gaming in general, but for now we're keeping most of our throat slashing of each other out of the podcast (we'll see how that turns out months down the road).

Anyways, you can check out our site or directly download a MP3 of our first 'official' cast here.  Pat and David are linking up the stuff with Itunes but I personally have no idea how any of that works, so don't ask me anything about it. We'd greatly appreciate you duders check out our cast and tell us what you think.  You can post here or send us emails through the site or whatever you feel comfortable with!

BTW, we're recording this over Skype as I'm in PA, David is in Maine and Pat is in New Zealand!  I think the sound quality has turned out well but tell us what you think on that as well!

I really hope to make something interesting out of this site long term and I'm sure David and Pat feel the same way.  Anyways thanks again for reading all this and thanks in advance for checking out the cast!
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Diamond

Hey Duders!  Back a few months ago I was talking a lot to user SodiumCyclops ( Pat) outside the site and eventually he asked me about a project him and Hirashin ( David) were working on.  They had gone through a ton of crazy stuff (you can ask them more about it, who knows what they'll answer), but eventually they wanted to make a video game website, very much inspired by GiantBomb.  Really, it was upon hearing the name of the site, BonusEXP, that I figured these guys might actually have some idea of what they're doing. 

The past month or so has been contributed to site design & art (mostly David), audio design (mostly Pat), and loafing (me, Andy).  Well, actually I've researched most of the news (something I like to do anyways), and I plan on being the main writer guy (and editor?) for the site.  We all plan to participate in a weekly podcast (barring any horrible accidents), and we've been practicing for a while now.

So anyways, today created our first 'official' podcast, and we've put up some reviews.  We plan on updating the site regularly, but I expect things will be naturally slow at first.  David actually accidentally wiped a lot of our older work so now we're making backups :P  All 3 of us have pretty different takes on gaming in general, but for now we're keeping most of our throat slashing of each other out of the podcast (we'll see how that turns out months down the road).

Anyways, you can check out our site or directly download a MP3 of our first 'official' cast here.  Pat and David are linking up the stuff with Itunes but I personally have no idea how any of that works, so don't ask me anything about it. We'd greatly appreciate you duders check out our cast and tell us what you think.  You can post here or send us emails through the site or whatever you feel comfortable with!

BTW, we're recording this over Skype as I'm in PA, David is in Maine and Pat is in New Zealand!  I think the sound quality has turned out well but tell us what you think on that as well!

I really hope to make something interesting out of this site long term and I'm sure David and Pat feel the same way.  Anyways thanks again for reading all this and thanks in advance for checking out the cast!
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Pretty excited it's finally up and running. The design took a long time to get right.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Tireyo

It's looks like ya'll were a little nervous starting out, but I'd say it smoothed out. It reminds me a little about what Metal_Gear_Sunny and Natetodamax did with their Adolescent Nerd podcast that they used to have as far as the objectives go. Very common question, "What games have you played?"

Very nice sound quality podcast. Can't really suggest anything.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@Tireyo643:  Would the site/podcast be something you would continue to follow after viewing/hearing initially?
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo
@sodiumCyclops:  I liked the first podcast. I noticed that one of ya'll was a little nervous, but that's alright. It's your first podcast. Initially, I liked the music. I like the fact that you all introduced yourselves. So, I would consider giving it another listen because the points were clear.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@Tireyo643: Could you possibly tell me which one of us you thought was nervous? 

I am Pat, the host. 

Any more feedback you could give us is appreciated so don't be afraid to be honest :P
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo
@sodiumCyclops:
David sounded nervous. I would sound nervous too if I did such a thing. = - P

That's all the feedback I can provide at this time.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Good job on the quality of the cast. I checked that the iTunes subscribe feature is not working, TalkShoe is a good (and free) service which provides iTunes support.

Like the design. Is it going to be only reviews and the cast or are there more coming?

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@ThePhantomnaut: There is more coming for sure! 

The Podcast is now up on iTunes, the link should be fixed very soon. We had to wait for iTunes staff to approve our RSS feed so it took a little longer than expected. 

Here is the iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/bonus-exp-podcast/id368404488
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @ThePhantomnaut: There is more coming for sure! 

The Podcast is now up on iTunes, the link should be fixed very soon. We had to wait for iTunes staff to approve our RSS feed so it took a little longer than expected. 

Here is the iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/bonus-exp-podcast/id368404488 "
All right nice. How did you get a feed into iTunes? From Archive?
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@ThePhantomnaut: I can't really give too much advice on that sorry. I didn't have a lot to do with the RSS feed setup for bonusexp.com. I helped get it onto iTunes but David (Hirashin) is the site engineer / designer so any technical questions are better pointed to him. 

Feel free to ask any other questions though! Sorry lol I sound really formal.
Hirashin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hirashin
@ThePhantomnaut said:
All right nice. How did you get a feed into iTunes? From Archive? "
We use a great site development tool and host, Squarespace. And they handle all the back end stuff, like RSS feeds automatically. As far as I could tell, you just tag a post with podcast in it, and iTunes will look for that tag to generate it's feed from.
act26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By act26

You already have more stuff in your store than Giant Bomb.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I listened to the whole thing. Didn't get bored with it and had a few laughs with it. Good job guys, you have a listener!

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

I am going to give the podcast a listen and the first thing I noticed was the crazy kiwi accent :)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Diamond
@Bloopa79Aus:  Always glad to hear from a listener, but I want to make sure you're aware that we have a total of 5 podcasts online now.  Just checking because you replied to this, the first podcast thread.  Hope you've enjoyed the cast overall.

@ThePhantomnaut: Glad to hear it.  Sorry to have taken so long to reply, it's easy for me to lose track of replies to my threads.  Hope you're still a listener after all these weeks.