Franchises in other genres

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By LackingSaint

So after spending a lot of time playing XCom: Enemy Unknown, I got to thinking that a good few franchises could be pretty amazing if they made a spin-off with the gameplay style of this game. What came to mind for me was an X-Men XCom, with soldiers being students of Xavier that develop and hone their innate abilities on the battlefield. It'd kind of be like the Psi-Ops part of XCom: EU, but much more developed and spanning the entire game.

So what franchises do you guys think would work really well with certain game genres?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@LackingSaint said:

So after spending a lot of time playing XCom: Enemy Unknown, I got to thinking that a good few franchises could be pretty amazing if they made a spin-off with the gameplay style of this game. What came to mind for me was an X-Men XCom, with soldiers being students of Xavier that develop and hone their innate abilities on the battlefield. It'd kind of be like the Psi-Ops part of XCom: EU, but much more developed and spanning the entire game.

So what franchises do you guys think would work really well with certain game genres?

Ghostbusters X XCOM. Think about it.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs
BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By BBAlpert

This is always a fun thought experiment kind of thing. Even if you just pick completely disparate franchises and genres, it can be cool trying to imagine how it might be implemented. I've always liked the idea that's been tossed around a few times on the Bombcast of a Mass Effect spinoff mystery/adventure game revolving around C-Sec. "Citadel Noire", in other words.

And as for the crazy but potentially neat/dumb combos, the first thing that comes to my mind is some kind of Hotline Miami text adventure.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By LackingSaint

A Pokemon FPSRPG is still one of those much-mentioned things that I think would be great but probably won't happen for a long long time.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BaneFireLord

LOTR X Elder Scrolls. Done.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

Everything should be a turn-based tactics game...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By BBAlpert

Thinking about that Citadel Noire thing again inspired me to make this silly thing.

"EDI? Patch me through to C-Sec R&I. This is Detective Vakarian, badge 1247"
hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By hermes

@BeachThunder said:

Everything should be a turn-based tactics game...

After seeing XCOM and Omerta, I do think a lot of settings could work great on tactic games...

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By HerbieBug

2D platformer Dark/Demon's Souls game.