#1  Edited By chickdigger802
Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Robiin

This seems super interesting. Unfortunatley it's pretty expensive for an Iphone game. Hopefully there will be a deal for it in the near future.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By chickdigger802
@Robiin said:
" This seems super interesting. Unfortunatley it's pretty expensive for an Iphone game. Hopefully there will be a deal for it in the near future. "
Ya, but for this genre. I can already see the amount of game you get out of this will make up the cost of that burger =)
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've always been really interested by the idea of a game about managing a games developer. I'd be intrigued to hear the thoughts of some people who've played this game.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chickdigger802
@Gamer_152 said:

" I've always been really interested by the idea of a game about managing a games developer. I'd be intrigued to hear the thoughts of some people who've played this game. "

read the reviews and check this thread:  http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=69394 

Anyone else notice how the magazine rating system is basically the same as Famitsu in the screenshot? I guess it makes sense because this game was originally a JP release. Still find it fascinating though.
chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chickdigger802

Okie. Picked this up. This shit is addicting as fuck. Don't remember any other iphone game that I played 4 hrs straight. 

The basic premise is that you start a fairly small game dev studio. You can hire a few guys that each are in different fields (coding, script writing, sound engineer, etc). Afterwards you need to do some contract work until you have enough dough to start making games. The game making process is pretty automated and is determined by stats, but you have control over which person you want to be head of each aspect, graphics, game script, music score and so on. There are also occasions which a dude will offer to 'boost' a score aspect that has a % chance of failure. Failure leads to more bugs. After you finish making your game, you spend another period of time bugfixing which if you take a few bad risks, can take a while, delaying your game (kinda like gta5 =P). After you finally iron out all your bugs, your game is reviewed by a system similar to Famitsu in which 4 people score ya out of 10. Then you basically watch your sales charts. That's the basic of the game.

After you make some dough you can buy licenses to make games for companies like Intendro and Senga. There systems kinda reflect off real world history, so you probably would rather develop for Game Kid handheld instead of Virtual Kid. After making enough dough you can upgrade to a larger office and have a larger max amount of people. You can also train your dev's and up their stats which leads to better games. Being a Japanese game, you can hire an Arabian Oil King, a monkey, a bear, a masked wrestler etc. 

If you game does well you can make sequels but if you do too much of the same your dev's will become less motivated. Finally at basically the end game, you can develop your own system and put it on the market =P

Ya this shit sounds complicated but its pretty simple after you play for a few min. Here are some of my best sellers:

For my personally developed bluray drive running Gizmonbo, my best selling title is an romance mmo "Second Wife". which scored 39/40.

2nd best title was a robot shooter "Balo 4" 39/40

3rd best title was a golf racer "Bario Kart G". 37/40

Basically if you go on video game message boards and possess some ios device. Pick this up now.

GreasyWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GreasyWeasel

This game is great, I hope it does well and gets supported by the dev. I'd also love to hear what the guys think about it on the Bombcast.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chickdigger802
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I would've preferred if it was way more cynical.  And after you sell the highest selling game of all time, your best team of developers starts talking mad yang about you in the press until you fire them for insubordination.  You make a great multiplayer online experience, but since it isn't designed for people who ride trains all day long, it completely tanks in Japan.  Your studio can only get the funding to make sequels to established RPG franchises.  Your highly anticipated game fails to match the projected launch numbers because an early leak (probably an unscrupulous reviewer) wrecked your street date.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nintendoeats

What does a somebody write about when they can't come up with a storyline? they write about a writer who can't come up with a storyline. I am wary of media that tries to deconstruct itself, like somebody trying to perform their own brain surgery.

Mevvem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mevvem

Just finished it this weekend... 3 times... 
Never been this hooked to a iphone game! Worth every penny.