Game download size..

tinylanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tinylanda

Been browsing the interwebs looking for a site that can tell me how games will effect my cap if i buy them off the online content providers (steam origin etc..) Anyone know of anywhere i can get this info? Perhaps it could be something that gets included in the General info section under the games in the wiki.. I miss being at home where cap wasnt an issue but unfortunately NZ has some pretty tight caps to be adhered to.. BF3 was 25% of my cap in Jan..

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jking47

I am pretty sure they have the file size on the purchase page in steam and origin.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

Before you buy a game on steam it tells you how much harddrive space you will need. Just subtract that from your cap....

tinylanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tinylanda

The HD space doesnt always reflect the download size, in the same way that a 10-20gig installed game can come off an 8.7gig DVD

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By mosdl

@tinylanda said:

Been browsing the interwebs looking for a site that can tell me how games will effect my cap if i buy them off the online content providers (steam origin etc..) Anyone know of anywhere i can get this info? Perhaps it could be something that gets included in the General info section under the games in the wiki.. I miss being at home where cap wasnt an issue but unfortunately NZ has some pretty tight caps to be adhered to.. BF3 was 25% of my cap in Jan..

I would say wait for the game to release and ask on the steam forums, people will usually tell you the download size.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Why not dump ypur provider and go with one without cap? Capped providers aren't meant for gamers, pirates, streamers, or video downloaders.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shirogane

@BraveToaster said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Why not dump ypur provider and go with one without cap? Capped providers aren't meant for gamers, pirates, streamers, or video downloaders.

That's not easier for some people. Many areas only have one provider due to greedy companies wanting to monopolize shit.

Especially so in Australia/NZ. Internet's pretty expensive down here.

Usually the HDD size on the steam pages are close enough, even if they're not completely accurate.