Games with Epic Epilogues

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I'm sitting here, typing these words as the credits roll for Persona 4 Golden. I finished the game late last night, as in beating the final dungeon - however the game just went on and on and on there-after. For like the duration of your average modern shooter campaign. It just wouldn't stop.

There's something to these elaborate pay-off epilogues - even though Persona 4 Golden is the craziest thing I've encountered in this regard. It's a great way to reward the viewer's/player's commitment and passion. Usually it's just like a couple of minutes worth of *what came after* snippets and the likes. I love that stuff. Like the epilogue of Band of Brothers...

Would you kindly recall games with great epilogues for me? I'd love to seek some of 'em out.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Would you count the ending of Red Dead Redemption when you take control of Jack as a massive, playable epilogue, or is that still a part of the main game?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you count the ending of Red Dead Redemption when you take control of Jack as a massive, playable epilogue, or is that still a part of the main game?

Definitely an epilogue. Yeah - that is indeed a special one.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Dragon's Dogma first comes to mind. Really enjoyed playing through the Everfall, and the final boss makes for a neat twist.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@seppli said:

@gatehouse said:

Thinking of playable ones, Halo Reach has a fantastic one too. It's only short, but ties a really nice bow on that story.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

@yummylee said:

Dragon's Dogma first comes to mind. Really enjoyed playing through the Everfall, and the final boss makes for a neat twist.

True enough. Everfall could well be considered the game's epilogue. I guess I did too, for the first hour or so, but it was just so meaty, I soon after began to think of it as the endgame, respectively *the real Dragon's Dogma*.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@gatehouse said:

Thinking of playable ones, Halo Reach has a fantastic one too. It's only short, but ties a really nice bow on that story.

Hmmm... I own Reach and completed the story. I can't remember the epilogue. Care to refresh my memory?

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thought Eternal Sonata had a really great, long and overall epic epilogue.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@seppli said:

@gatehouse said:
@seppli said:

@gatehouse said:

Hmmm... I own Reach and completed the story. I can't remember the epilogue. Care to refresh my memory?

After the Pillar of Autumn leaves you try to kill as many Covenant as you can before they overwhelm you.

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the Braid epilogue count as epic? It's just some books with text, but there you are, trying to assimilate all you just saw and the game throws all that in your lap, the princess, the bomb, your childhood...

It may not be "epic" per se, but that was one hell of night trying to understand what the hell just happened, I wish more games made me feel like that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Metal Gear Solid 4. It's like an hour long, and they interrupt the credits like three times for more cutscenes.