Games you can't play because they are too much of a timesuck

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Brians

I discovered if I want to be a somewhat productive college student I needed to uninstall 
Viva Piñata because the game for me is a great way to lose a couple of days playing it. 
So games you like but can't play because you know having it installed would take up too much of your time?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

RTS/TBS in general and only on PC, but very specifically Civilisation (in my case IV, but III is calling me) and Age of Empires II.  "Just one more turn" - yeah, right.  I had to stop myself playing it on any work night.

Fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fudgeblood

ArmA 2 seems to make me lose track of time sometimes.

That, and pretty much every flight simulator.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brians
@oldschool: me too,
for the series
Also big fan of the Games between two and three
Alpha Centauri, Alien Crossfire did you ever get a chance to try them?
Premise for both end of the space race you started in Civilization now on an alien planet really cool games for the time
TerraForse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TerraForse

I lost 60 hours to Mass effect 2.... sooooo good

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
@Briguile said:
" @oldschool: me too,for the series Also big fan of the Games between two and three Alpha Centauri, Alien Crossfire did you ever get a chance to try them? Premise for both end of the space race you started in Civilization now on an alien planet really cool games for the time "
Nope.  I am a bit late to playing RTS on PC.  I have been a Mac man for many a year and games just didn't appear on my radar.  I did however get a Mac copy of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just loved it.  When I got a Pentium Mac and installed Windows, I picked up quite a few games - Civ IV. Civ III, Age of Empires I, Age of Empires II, AoE Mythologies, all of C&C, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Starcraft, Rome: Total War, Shogun Total War, Empire Earth II, Settler V, Settler Rise of an Empire, Star Wars Empire At War, Sins of a Solar Empire, Rise of Nations, Fallout Tactics, Universe At War .......... I will keep adding them (if they are DRM free) to my collection when I can. 

I have Viva Pinata as well and it is strangely addictive.  The only obvious game I don't care for is Sims.
RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By RagingLion

Civ games are like that.  I've banned myself from games in the past specifically because Civ 3 was taking over for me.  It just occupies my mind even when not playing it and for a single game which can last many many hours that's often just too much time.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brians
@oldschool: Even though it's a bit slow in terms of how long days are it's just sooo satisfying to me when I get two new pinatas to romance, will have to wait for the summer though as I would like to graduate at some point in the next year. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
@Briguile said:
" @oldschool: Even though it's a bit slow in terms of how long days are it's just sooo satisfying to me when I get two new pinatas to romance, will have to wait for the summer though as I would like to graduate at some point in the next year.  "
Yep, that is the strangely addictive part.  As a parent of a college age child, it is responsible of me to agree that you need to focus more on your schooling (but leave some time for fun)  :-)
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By NathHaw
Can't in the title totally eliminates all my choices.  If had been worded shouldn't then I might have some for you.
felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By felixlighter

I was always curious about WoW but, with my addictive personality, I probably would have let it ruin my life, so I never touched it.

Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frederik

WoW

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By triple07
@FelixLighter said:
" I was always curious about WoW but, with my addictive personality, I probably would have let it ruin my life, so I never touched it. "
This. And also Oblivion and Fallout 3. I put so much time into those games my grades took a dip when they came out.
2hot2handle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 2hot2handle

I completed Mass Effect 2 in about six days and maybe around forty hours on the clock. It pretty much took over every minute of spare time, and perhaps some not so spare time, for a week. For this reason i'm making myself wait until Easter when i have time off school before Ipick up Dragon Age. WoW is another game which i haven't gone back to since it ate a summer a couple of years ago. Recently though i've started thinking about resubscribing again but my crappy computer, lack of friends playing the game and the need to actually do some work this year have made me steer clear of it. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By c1337us

I usually try to set aside those sort of games for long weekends or leave etc.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tally_Pants

for me it was AOE 2 playing on thezone.com but once they stopped supporting AOE2 on the zone i was forced to give it up... i was a CS Junky! (MiniCB, Archers Hellfire & U Da Prey were my biggest weakness!)
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lowbrow

MMOs - all of them basically. I quit WoW because I started a job on night shift and I've never been able to bring myself to really bust into an MMO since.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FirePrince

After I study a part of my crap,I usually tun on the IPod and play something.No big deal,its just some app....HOWLY SH*T AN HOUR WENT PAST ME.Pretty much.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By penguindust

World of Warcraft.  It just demands way too much of my time and focus. 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By mutha3

Pretty much all RPGs. 

Despite being one of my fav. genres I tend to only get to play a small percentage of the stuff thats out there.

Curse you responsability!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've had Dragon: Age Origins and Borderlands since the start of my second semester of university and not only have I not had proper time to progress very far in either but I've also not been able to enjoy them as much as I normally may have been able to. It's a good thing I don't tend to get too easily addicted to RPGs because I know WoW has disrupted the education of so many people on this games programming course.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By threeve

WoW of course is the biggie, but Sins of a Solar Empire sucked a couple of days right away and it doesn't even have a campaign.  I was just playing against AI opponents.  One match was lasting like 16 hours or something.  Decided that it might not be a good idea to play this often, though it also got boring after a little bit, much like Civ IV tends  to do when I play too much.  I can always go back to it for a new fun time though.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By keyhunter

I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, and have 3 hours of driving per day on top of that. So my only options on workdays are DSi games. But I listen to Pimsleur language learning CD's which take a lot of concentration, so I just end up with a stack of unbeaten games that goes halfway to the ceiling and never play any of them.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By ProfessorEss

Dragon Age: Origins.
I will eventually no doubt but for now I just can't bring myself to do it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

None, I have alot of spare time on my hands...