• 69 results
#51 Posted by ENDLINE1977 (9 posts) -

I think i'd have to go with L.A. Noir. Once i solved the crimes it was never the same to go through again.

#52 Posted by Brendan (7730 posts) -

I can't decide. The Golden Sun series, particularly The Lost Age was amazing to me when I first played it. Even thinking about that game fills me with nostalgia. Fuck, that game was good. The Jedi Knight games, Mass Effect...I guess all my favourite games that are long and engrossing.

#53 Posted by Kaineda77 (130 posts) -

Alpha Centauri, Braid

#54 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Dragon Age: Origins. I have beaten that game so many times it's not funny. Would love to be able to experience how deep that world is for the first time again.

#55 Edited by xXCrazyCostaXx (117 posts) -

Fallout 3, gta 3, and pokemon.

All 3 were filled with wonder. In fallout I wanted to see everything and every body and that moment went you step out of the vault for the first time and you can't see until slowly the wasteland comes into sight was beautiful to me. In gta 3 I was even scared of speeding past a cop in fear I would get pulled over (stopped at lights also, don't hate). Last but not least is my first child hood holy shit....Pokemon. Picking your first starter (charmander of course) and setting out on an adventure was every kids dream. I remember seeing pokemon for the first time in the wild and it blowing my mind (until I got the stupid guide and ruined some of the pokemon, though I never used it for the gameplay or story). Really wish I could experience those things over but now I feel like most games have cheap wow factors that wear off quickly (though seeing Colombia in Bioshock in the rocket elevator was nice too).

#56 Posted by tescovee (356 posts) -

Pac-Man CE DX

#57 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2 - I sucked the life out of that game and loved every minute.

Getting to do that with the same sense of wonder would be amazing

#58 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2467 posts) -
#59 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies.

#60 Posted by Peacemaker (1102 posts) -

The Last of Us comes to mind right now since I just beat it. I'd love the play the first BioShock again for the first time as well. Pretty cool we are getting some DLC for infinite with Rapture though.

#61 Edited by razielrioux (125 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid. Blew my goddamn mind when I first fired it up, even more so when I finished it.

#62 Posted by ZolRoyce (650 posts) -

@atomic_dumpling: I shall double that concurrence!

I would also say the Silent Hills, at the very least 2 and 3 I would LOVE to replay for the first time.

Sometimes just NOT playing a game for a while can really help, even for a few years.
I just recently finished a run through of Fallout 1 the other day, it has been many many years since I've gone through it, and as I did, I started to notice things I never noticed before (in part due to forgetting about it, also in part due to Fallout having so many ways you can go about what you are doing.)
By the time I got to the final boss, as it were, I was completely shocked, I forgot EVERYTHING about it, for a second I thought somehow I had been playing a different copy of Fallout, what is this thing that stands before me it is so weird I don't recognize it at all! It was pretty great.

#63 Edited by JacDG (2117 posts) -

Red Dead

Bioshock: Infinite

Journey

Last of Us.

#64 Posted by johncallahan (552 posts) -

Persona 4 (had my first experience with "Golden"), one of my all time favorite games. Wanted to go through it one more time, but the way the story played out, the relationships I made, the magical moments... I could try and recreate them, but it wouldn't be the same.

#65 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5363 posts) -
  • Skyrim
  • Symphony of the Night
  • Pokemon Blue and Crystal
  • Uncharted 2
  • Portal
  • Pokemon Snap
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Basically some of my favorite games. I would love to experience them all again for the first time.

#66 Edited by Pr1mus (3854 posts) -

Any games in my top 10 favorites of all time which are, in no particular order:

• Resident Evil 2
  • Parasite Eve
  • Earthbound
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Super Mario 64
  • Half-Life 2
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Chrono Trigger

If asked to pick just one, today it would be Resident Evil 2. Tomorrow? Who knows!?

#67 Posted by probablytuna (3597 posts) -

The first generation of Pokemon. That shit defined my childhood.

#68 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

Baldurs Gate 2

Deus Ex

Hitman Blood Money

#69 Edited by myketuna (1668 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 and 2. That's all that's coming to me off the top of my head, so I'm going with those.

If I had to pick just one...

Mass Effect 2.

#70 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2 - I sucked the life out of that game and loved every minute.

Getting to do that with the same sense of wonder would be amazing

#71 Posted by me3639 (1747 posts) -

I would probably i say Half Life 2. I still remember going to Best Buy and picking up a copy(which included, i think, 4 discs of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory) along with my new $400 BFG 6800gt graphics card. Bioshock would be a close second.