#1 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

So I may not have a solid grasp of Giant Bomb history, but I thought the leaving of Jeff with the rest of the guys was not exactly "pleasant". Like I said, I could be very wrong about this concept but if I am right, what is with the Gamespot logo at the bottom of the site with all the social media links?

#2 Edited by dungbootle (2453 posts) -

Giant Bomb is owned by CBS Interactive which also owns GameSpot, as of last year. Also, they are in the same office now. They cool.

You can read here for further information.

#3 Edited by ThePencil (390 posts) -

CBSi bought GiantBomb and ComicVine a while back. Here's a link to the gamespot vid with Jeff explaining some of the stuff that went down.

Giantbomb and Gamespot

#4 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

Oh! Thanks for the info! One last point of confusion, I thought that the Bombcast crew (for the most part) were the ones that owned it originally. Did they sell the company? Or am I completely wrong here?

#5 Posted by mellotronrules (1170 posts) -

"...just woke up from a 5 year sleep...hear we've got a website now!"

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9365 posts) -

The Gamespot logo as big as it is on the bottom of the page is still a little weird. What's also weird is that on Gamespot there's a Giantbomb link as well as many, many other sites. Which makes the Gamespot logo being the only logo on here weird in another way. Shit's weird.

#7 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1270 posts) -

@stradimus said:

Oh! Thanks for the info! One last point of confusion, I thought that the Bombcast crew (for the most part) were the ones that owned it originally. Did they sell the company? Or am I completely wrong here?

Jeff was the head of editorial, but the site itself was owned by CNET, but has since been bought by CBSi.

#8 Posted by Chaser324 (5951 posts) -

@stradimus: I'm not really clear what company you're referring to, but Giant Bomb was previously owned by Whiskey Media. As part of the deal last year where BermanBraun acquired Whiskey Media, Comic Vine and Giant Bomb were sold off separately to CBSi.

#10 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

@damisterchief: Who mentioned anything about Gamestop? Stop dyslexic...ing. That's a verb now, apparently.

#11 Posted by Grimluck343 (1132 posts) -

It started raining cats and dogs, pigs started flying, pancakes were made, and Jeff and the crew made a triumphant return to the CBSi offices.

#12 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

Giant Bomb hasn't been the same since. I don't think it's bad but it's definitely different than the old Whiskey days.

#13 Posted by illegalnull (109 posts) -

Giantbomb.com in now on Gamespot's pages as well.

#14 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

@thepencil: That was a perfect explanation video. Thanks for the link, duder.

#15 Edited by hiono (48 posts) -

why do they still sell whiskey media tees then?

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11590 posts) -

@hiono said:

why do they still sell whiskey media tees then?

Gotta move old stock.