JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JayEH

Gamestop Deal is valid until the 22nd.

Just a heads up for everyone. I'll most likely trade in Killzone.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the heads up.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfgame

I bet they will get a lot of Knack copies... anyways this isn't a bad deal really, I am surprised such a solid deal is coming out of gamestop.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betting they sell these returns as new. I mean shit, if cheeto fingers behind the desk can take a game home for a week and bring it back and its still sold as "new" why not work your tradeins.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JayEH

@ryanwhom: at least you get your money right? Lol. I haven't had any bad gamestop experience like that happen to me yet.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cloudymusic

I like how NBA Live is conspicuously absent.

GameHandsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bye Bye Killzone. It was a mediocre three weeks

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buneroid

Can I trade in digital copies? :'(

Oh nevermind forgot I lived in Canada for a second.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not really a Gamestop proponent, but great deals like this kind of fly in the face of the MS apologists blaming gamers for killing their all-digital future.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

copies of knack will pile up like crazy.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By TheHBK

Might have to trade in NBA 2k14. It is cool and all but I think I should go with Battlefield 4.

EDIT: well I guess its not that astonishing of a deal. Looks like Best Buy has the value of these games at that too. Well I only checked NBA 2k14. My guess is that they are willing to shell out a little more because the new gen versions are gonna be rare in preowned form and people want to save money.

@joshwent Not really. The idea is that you would save money on digital sales events like what you get on Steam to more than make up the difference in trading in. Would you trade in steam sales for being able to trade in PC games? Of course no one was willing to give MS that chance to do that. But you can see it already like where Konami is giving a $10 discount for going digital with Metal Gear next year. Or charging $10 extra for the disc? Depends on how you see it. All Digital has worked for consumers in other areas. Netflix and other digital video services have destroyed blockbuster. Album sales suck because people can buy just one song at a time for cheap. And PC games have moved in that direction. Freaking Bioshock Infinite was $10 last week!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Of course this happens just days after I trade in my copy of Killzone. Oh well.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JayEH

@thehbk: the only problem with the original MS plan was that they had essentially no competition and no competition usually doesn't lead to sales. With PC you have Steam, GOG, Amazon,etc.

I'm really glad Konami is at lead trying to give people some incentive to go digital. Hopefully more pubs will try to do so.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwhom said:

Betting they sell these returns as new. I mean shit, if cheeto fingers behind the desk can take a game home for a week and bring it back and its still sold as "new" why not work your tradeins.

Joel McHale?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cool, considering I got some of these for $30 on Amazon. I liked Knack but I'm not too big on Killzone. With their powers combined, here I come, AC IV!

Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By hippie_genocide

@hatking said:

@ryanwhom said:

Joel McHale?

Damn, beat me to it. Anyway, so long BF4. We hardly knew ye.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

We've had a good time AC4.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is nefarious, for the few who think it might be. Companies like this, and I speak having worked for one, often run promotions on trade in deals to boost stock on certain games. Say a new season of sports games, or a brand new blockbuster, or games from a new console. It's common, actually. GameStop pretty much runs trade in promotions at all times. If you're trading your games in for the minimum value, you're doing yourself a huge disservice. They even post their current promos on their website.

Having said that, none of them are usually this good of deals. And unless you're absolutely done with a game or in a really tight spot and can't afford whatever new game you're trying to pick up, trading in at these retailers is rarely the best course of action.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwhom

@hatking said:

@ryanwhom said:

Joel McHale?

Damn, beat me to it. Anyway, so long BF4. We hardly knew ye.

Its a rib on gamestop employees not gamers, pedobear.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is surprisingly good. Do you need to trade your blood as well?

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alwaysbebombing:

No, but you will have to sit through their pitch on that rewards card they whore out during every transaction

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bye Ghosts!

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a second there I was planning out how I was gonna fly through Black Flag instead of taking my time with it. But alas...Canada.

GameHandsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just took advantage of this and got Gran Turismo 6 for Killzone. Seems like a valuable trade

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By musubi

Im pretty flummoxed people would be trading anything in just yet with so little to actually play on the new consoles right now.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty flummoxed people would be trading anything in just yet with so little to actually play on the new consoles right now.

I can understand that, but I would encourage anyone taking advantage of this offer to have some patience, if you are trading in these new games try to hold it as a credit on a gift card for a release that really excites you. Would seem like a poor choice to trade any of these in to buy any of the currently released next gen games ,but it isn't up to me. Happy gaming all :-)

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Got Call Of Duty Ghosts free with the Target buy 2 get 1 deal at PS4 launch and got $43 in trade for it which is a pretty good deal.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By handlas

@demoskinos said:

eh I'm considering trading in Killzone Shadowfall. It's pretty mediocre. And I really really loved Killzone 2 and thought Killzone 3 was okay. Pretty looking, indeed, but I can't say anything else is entertaining about it.

Resogun and Dead Rising 3 are my 2 favorite games so far (that are only on the next gen consoles I mean). Still need to pick up Forza which maybe I should just trade in Killzone for it.

Regardless I've had more of an itch to plug my PS3 back up to play some Last of Us (again) and Gran Theft Auto.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By rachelepithet

Holy shit, great opp to get rid of Brokenfield. That game crashes and erases my save file every time I play it!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I traded in Killzone to fund AC IV with success. The guy said I needed a member card to be eligible but I said no enough times to get it done.

But holy crap, the preowned copy they were going to give me was completely busted up. Can't imagine someone treating their games like that. And then having a place sell it for $55.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I got Killzone for free, so I'm going to trade it in and buy Pokemon X.