Gaming history

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

I know raptr shows it and they obtain the gaming history* from other services, like xbox live or with the client that is installed in the PCs. Is there any way (any service like raptr, not necessarily raptr, or xbox live) to obtain that information in a relatively easy way and store it for future reference? I'd really like to do that. I can program in python and some other languages if necessary, but I'd like an API more than parsing Raptr (because sometimes they say "about an hour" instead of 59 minutes, not as accurate as it should be).

* trylks was playing for 22 minutes whatever 2 days ago, and so on
trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trylks

Someone?

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By willin

Buy a stopwatch and notepad?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By trylks

@Willin said:

Buy a stopwatch and notepad?

Thank you, that kind of solutions do sometimes work, but I'm absentminded, so I will just jump into gaming and forget about that most of the times. In short, wouldn't work in this case.

It'd also require more time than programming something, and I know it is possible because people at raptr made it. Considering it is their bussiness, I guess they know how to do that, I wonder if they are interested in other people doing the same, though, that's why I didn't ask there, but, well, asking is free, so there I go.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trylks

Seriously, this should be feasible, and it is MY data, I should be able to access it, shouldn't I?

Where can I get information about this? XBox Live wasn't very helpful...
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/2176/p/172581/934705.aspx

If I was playing on a PC I wouldn't have this problem, lately I find many reasons to switch to PCs.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Justin258

You want to keep track of what you play, when you played it, and for how long you did so?

The 3DS and Wii both do that. Otherwise, I can't think of anything that does nor why you especially need it. That particular bit of functionality isn't what you would call "high demand" and companies are not likely to put it in there unless they've got nothing to do.

That said, the best thing that you can do is get a stopwatch, a pen, and a piece of paper, and record when you start playing and when you stop playing.

And, for last bit, I have to ask something rather rude: "Why the bloody hell does it matter!?"

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trylks

I like to keep track of it, just to check I'm not spending too much time, or the correlation with other activities and productivity in general.

Also, as I say, pen and paper are not the only way, since raptr is doing it, however asking on the XBL forums didn't help, and I didn't even find forums in raptr to ask there, so here I am asking again, where should I be pestering people to get my information.

Basically it's already there, somewhere, but I cannot find where... knowing it's there makes everything much worse, more frustrating.

PD: I've just realized this should probably be in the XBox forum, I think it's fairly feasible to do it for PC, Wii and DS apparently support it, and to be honest I don't care about PS3.