Gears of war 3 wall grenades

Homer_Simpson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Homer_Simpson1

I loved the first GoW and the second GoW was great too, except one thing that really bothered me was the wall grenades which seemed like the ultimate camping weapon. I know you could roll back to avoid the grenade but I hate having to check every single wall for those devious grenades. Does anyone know if Epic Games is planning to do anything about the whole wall grenades situation?
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kermoosh

idk, gears is fun but id much rather get battlefield 3, archam city or even saints row 3

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By EuanDewar
@kermoosh said:

" idk, gears is fun but id much rather get battlefield 3, archam city or even saints row 3 "

Way to go completely off topic.

@RiotBananas
said:

" @Homer_Simpson1: No, it's still included in Gears 3. It was a valid method of covering a corner, granted it can be quite annoying but if you camp in Gears you'll be dead in minutes anyway. "

Pretty much, you just have to not charge around corners stupidly. Also couldn't you just shoot them and destroy them?
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mighty

I think that every online shooter is going to have some sort of mine, claymore, or wall grenade. It's just a viable way to cover your six. There will always be someone unhappy with it because it kills them, but then they go back and use it, and then they stop cursing it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SSully

When you said wall grenades I imagined a grenade that you throw which explodes and then leaves a small wall for use of cover. Sounds kind of neat!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zeforgotten
@EuanDewar said:
"@RiotBananas said:

" @Homer_Simpson1: No, it's still included in Gears 3. It was a valid method of covering a corner, granted it can be quite annoying but if you camp in Gears you'll be dead in minutes anyway. "

Pretty much, you just have to not charge around corners stupidly. Also couldn't you just shoot them and destroy them? "
Yup, just takes one bullet and you're solid.
Pretty much like everything else in Gears of War 3 only takes one bullet to get rid off
(at least in the beta, Campaign will probably have something that takes a little more than one bullet 
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mighty
@SSully said:
" When you said wall grenades I imagined a grenade that you throw which explodes and then leaves a small wall for use of cover. Sounds kind of neat! "
Only problem is that it's been done. AKA Halo. 

Although this could be kind of cool because Gears is a cover based shooter, unlike Halo. Interesting...
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SSully

Oh yeah Lost planet 2 had it as well essentially. I could see it being in the gears universe, especially since they hyped up "dynamic cover" in the last game. 

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By NickL

I never played much online in gears 2 due to the issues

I will look forward to getting blown up by wall grenades in 3, even if i have to wait because i didnt get a beta key and WILL NOT do anything involving gamestop
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mighty
@SSully said:
" Oh yeah Lost planet 2 had it as well essentially. I could see it being in the gears universe, especially since they hyped up "dynamic cover" in the last game.  "
I wouldn't say that it was overhyped, though. I think that after playing that game, I can't play any other cover based shooter (for the most part) without thinking "Man, Gears did this so much better".
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SSully
@Empirepaintball: I cannot blame you. Aside from Uncharted, there are very few third person shooters that get the cover system and the intensity that gears brings to the table. 
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mighty
@SSully said: I think one of the coolest things was when you slid into cover. I don't know why, but it just made me feel like a total badass when I, literally, slid into the wall. 

Fuck yeah.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SSully
@Empirepaintball: I cannot say I am surprised, especially because of you avatar/username. The one thing I love about gears, especially the multiplayer, is it felt like a small scale paintball game. 
treythalomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By treythalomew

They are slower than Gears 2. You'll hear that beep and have enough time to dodge it. I think I remember a CliffyB tweet saying they had been tweaked from Gears 2 to be slower too.

I'm seeing a lot less frag wall sticks too, seems like the maps are more closed in so it is better to throw them and hope to get two or three people at once.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mighty
@SSully said:
" @Empirepaintball: I cannot say I am surprised, especially because of you avatar/username. The one thing I love about gears, especially the multiplayer, is it felt like a small scale paintball game.  "
Yup, and in a world where good paintball video games really are non-existent, I might as well chainsaw some bitches too.