Genre question...

marshall006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So zelda games are considered action adventure right? Is skyrim, dark souls, dragons dogma, fable and those types of games like zelda?? Are they action adventure?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

More like Action rpg sense you have to build up your character.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Clonedzero

Genres especially "action adventure RPGs" are by far the hardest to give a solid definition genre-wise. Best not to think about it.

RPG in itself is probably the hardest genre to actually define. I've seen many a volatile argument online about "what an RPG is".

I prefer to think of them as "action RPGs" but whatever, it really doesnt matter.

Also, all those games you mentioned are barely anything like zelda, Zelda is about the last thing i'd compare any of those games to. Just saying.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

"Action-adventure" is more of a catch-all term for games that involve an adventure through a bunch of recognizable areas, involving mostly real-time action of some sort and broken up by puzzles, probably of the environmental variety, likely (but not necessarily) played from the third person perspective, and uses a plot to drive the game's events.

So everything from Tomb Raider to Batman Arkham Asylum to Metroid Prime to Zelda Ocarina of Time could be considered "action adventure". It's a very broad term, and I've probably left a few things out with that definition that should be in there.