Giant bomb console app...

Rasdaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I would use this so hard that my t.v. would explode from the amount of awesomeness that would be in this app.

It would be pretty cool to have a giant bomb app for consoles that would have all the content that you can enjoy on the website! Imagine watching metal gear scanlon on your t.v. with your ps4/xboxone etc, etc.

If such a thing did happen, would you use it? Do you think this could be a good or bad idea? Should I kill myself for even thinking to suggest this?

Discuss.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Jeff talked about it before. It'd be nice, but a lot has to come together for it to happen.

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amikron

@rasdaan: The Plex channel worked pretty well in the past, not sure how it works anymore but it was always a great way to view GB's content. With Plex's Xbox one app being pretty much perfect I think we already have a solution.

From what I hear the site also works pretty decently in PS4's browser, though I haven't tested that first hand so no idea how good/bad it is.

edit: Went and checked since I hadn't in awhile and the GB Plex Channel works great, all the premium stuff shows up and loads fine as well! Seems like that is the way to go for the Xbox side of things.

There is also apparently a PS4 plex app out for plex pass folks as well now, given their support on xbox one I would think it would be a solid choice on that side of things as well.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I personally wouldn't use it because I spend enough time on my computer for all of the GiantBomb content. I could see it being useful for plenty of duders who spend more time on their consoles than their computers, though.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ironically enough, uploaded videos play through just great in Internet Explorer on the Xbox One with the HTML5 player. Live streams on the other hand....

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Your PS4 browser will play Giant Bomb content that supports HTML 5 (basically everything apart from the live streams)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I would love it. But until then the old MBP and HDMI combo will have to suffice.

astagnantsleep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use AllCast and just send whatever video I wanna see using the GB Video Buddy app on Android. Really haven't seen the need for a console app in awhile.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use the PS4 media player and just download the GB content to an external HDD hooked up to my router.

It's a 'meh' solution to be sure but since my PS4 is on like, all the time it works for me. I'd rather have an app though. I had content run through PS4's web browser ONCE, but I just can't seem to get it going again. All I get is a black screen.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Chromecast + Giantbomb Video Buddy app= will get you what you want.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have my TV setup as a third monitor on my PC for watching GB stuff.

That being said sometimes it would be nice to have some kind of snappable GB app on the XBO.

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would totally use it all the time. But sinse a thing doesnt exist yet I use the video buddy app and Airplay it to my Apple TV

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

IE (I know) on Xbox One has worked pretty well for me in being able to play all the video content that is premium and not on the Youtube channel

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Laptop is hooked up to the TV through HDMI most of the time, which is my current solution. Is it pretty? No. However, having easy access to chat during live shows is handy without having to type with a controller or separate Keyboard/Mouse solution.

It's probably very much not a priority right now, but it would be cool to see a console app eventually for those that it would help make GB more accessible.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would definitely use an Xbox One app. The browser works pretty well, but I would like a dedicated app where all videos are guaranteed to work and I can stay consistently logged in.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The problem with a PS4 app is there is always that small chance that some update Sony does screws up. These apps require updates or obvious improvements for security...and who does that nasty job? And where do they get the time then there a dozens of other projects going on at CBSi?