Giant Bomb's best video content

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm going on a 10 hour long flight to England on Friday and I need something to do, so which Giant Bomb videos would be best for this? I'll just download as much as I can and put it on a hard drive.

Also, unrelated to the question but what would be the best way to transport a PS3? Put it in a carry on bag?

Thanks.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By benpicko

@mb:

Edit: Err. The message was lost.

Thanks for the list, I've downloaded the Euro Truck Simulator QL. Seen it multiple times and it's never boring. Is there a similar one for premium videos?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko: What about the Phantasmagoria stuff? Have you seen that? What about the Flight Club videos?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@mb said:

@benpicko: What about the Phantasmagoria stuff? Have you seen that? What about the Flight Club videos?

I also fully endorse the watching of Vinny and Dave's accidental LP of Phantasmagoria. Still one of my favorite pieces of content.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By benpicko

@mb said:

Yeah I've seen that. I think the only premium stuff I haven't seen at this point are the Blade Runner videos, looking through the list. Still, I'll download it because it's been a while and I'll regret it if not.

Edit: And Spooking With Scoops when he was playing Outlast, Bradley May Cry and Load Our Last Souls because the games don't interest me. Actually there's quite a bit I haven't seen.

Also I should say that I'm not really looking for things I haven't seen, just highlights and long time wasters, so yeah all of these are good.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mb said:

I also fully endorse the watching of Vinny and Dave's accidental LP of Phantasmagoria. Still one of my favorite pieces of content.

Yeah, I didn't really see what the big deal was when I first saw part 1 of Phantasmagoria, but I was focused on GTA V more than the video so I only half watched it. I sat down the next day and re-watched the first part and it was amazing. Also Flight Club was pretty good; Dave needs to visit for another round.

Also, Pokemon Snap with Ryan and Patrick (and Jeff for a little bit) was pretty good too. Friend of mine linked me like 15 videos to watch right after I got premium. Best $50 I've spent in a while. I fucking love Giantbomb.

I definitely want to hear other peoples' thoughts though, maybe see some other videos I wouldn't find for a while. I think I'm going to watch the Load Our Last Souls ones next.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@mb: If that hadn't been the first video posted, I would have been massively disappointed in this entire community. Sometimes I feel like these damn kids just don't recognize the roots, na'msayin?

Anyway, gonna take the obvious answer here.

Endurance Run.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punkxblaze: Yeah dude I was rushing to get that video posted! I would have just deleted anyone posting anything else before it though, out of principle.

The YouTube version has 649 thumbs up and 9 down. If I can find out who those 9 people are and they have accounts here, they're getting banned!

MonkeysDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MonkeysDad
rubzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@punkxblaze: Yeah dude I was rushing to get that video posted! I would have just deleted anyone posting anything else before it though, out of principle.

The YouTube version has 649 thumbs up and 9 down. If I can find out who those 9 people are and they have accounts here, they're getting banned!

Congratulations on managing to post a Youtube-esque comment here!

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endurance Run an Endurance Run. Patrick and Ryan's recent ED of Chrono Trigger is pretty great too.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@benpicko: Just watch the P4 endurance run. It has the perfect mix of a legitimately fantastic game and Vinny + Jeff nonsense.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko:The Chrono Trigger ED is roughly 30 hrs. It's great but too long for a single flight for sure. Maybe a roundtrip to Taiwan or Australia.

There was also a mini-Endurance Run / farewell livestream for Matrix Online. That was only a little over 4 hours long. Available on the Endurance section of the site.

Alternatively I've made a youtube playlist of 100+ Bombcast snippets that clocks in at almost exactly 10 hours. If you just want to doze off to some GBC goofs, it's a great way to do it. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B4503ED97193C12

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benpicko

@benpicko: The Persona 3 ED is much shorter at roughly 13 hours long, you may skip through some of it because a lot of that game involves reading dialogue bubbles. It's a HECK of a lot shorter than the P4 endurance run which may be double or triple that length. A kind duder has compiled all the parts on YT here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71FEC54EB1E7B035

The Chrono Trigger ED is roughly 30 hrs. It's great but too long for a single flight for sure. Maybe a roundtrip to Taiwan or Australia.

There was also a mini-Endurance Run / farewell livestream for Matrix Online. That was only a little over 4 hours long. Available on the Endurance section of the site.

Alternatively I've made a youtube playlist of 100+ Bombcast snippets that clocks in at almost exactly 10 hours. If you just want to doze off to some GBC goofs, it's a great way to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B4503ED97193C12

Holy shit, thanks for that playlist. Unfortunately there won't be any wifi but I'll definitely use that another time. Thanks!

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Unprofessional Fridays are flawless in every segment?

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By LackingSaint

Oh dude, go find the Fortune Street TNT. It's a two-parter that runs about 3 hours total and it's one of my favourite pieces of GB content (Basically Jeff, Patrick, Vinny and Ryan play dumb Mario Party Monopoly and pretend like they're stock-market investors).

Good luck on your flight, I hope you don't do what I do; start watching a movie, fall asleep, then wake up and be too drowsy to focuson anything.

@renegadedoppelganger said:

Endurance Run an Endurance Run. Persona 3 is a superb early ED. Patrick and Ryan's recent ED of Chrono Trigger is pretty great too.

Meaning no offense, isn't it a little disingenuous to make out like the Persona 3 Endurance Run is a good example of GiantBomb video content when it's actually just a let's play by some dudes with no connection to GB, who wanted to use the name?

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I adored Collectshun. Such a funny video, I don't know if GB has the video in one segment (it's broken up for the GOTY stuff) so I've included it here. Such a good parody of many of these shows but I remember hearing one of the songs they use for Collectshun for some terrible segment of a show which forced me into a fit of laughter in front of people I just couldn't explain why I was laughing.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By retrovirus

@benpicko: The Persona 3 ED is much shorter at roughly 13 hours long, you may skip through some of it because a lot of that game involves reading dialogue bubbles. It's a HECK of a lot shorter than the P4 endurance run which may be double or triple that length. A kind duder has compiled all the parts on YT here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71FEC54EB1E7B035

The Chrono Trigger ED is roughly 30 hrs. It's great but too long for a single flight for sure. Maybe a roundtrip to Taiwan or Australia.

Alternatively I've made a youtube playlist of 100+ Bombcast snippets that clocks in at almost exactly 10 hours. If you just want to doze off to some GBC goofs, it's a great way to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B4503ED97193C12

That's a pretty cool playlist, thanks!

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dude, go find the Fortune Street TNT. It's a two-parter that runs about 3 hours total and it's one of my favourite pieces of GB content (Basically Jeff, Patrick, Vinny and Ryan play dumb Mario Party Monopoly and pretend like they're stock-market investors).

Good luck on your flight, I hope you don't do what I do; start watching a movie, fall asleep, then wake up and be too drowsy to focuson anything.

Ah yes, remember loving that TNT but haven't seen it since it was live. I'll download it if it's on the site. And I can't sleep on planes so that won't be a problem. Or maybe the drowsiness will be a problem for exactly that reason. It's been a few years.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

playthrough of bioforge is all you need. you will be spell bound

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko: I'm surprised this isn't an advertisement for losing weight or a "how to earn money from home"-scheme coming from you, Mr. Twitterbot! :P
The Flight Club stuff that Drew, Dave and Vinny did is worth a download if you want some fun content! .. though... maybe well.... the end of those usually end with something you probably do not wanna see when you midflight...

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By benpicko

@zeforgotten said:

@benpicko

: I'm surprised this isn't an advertisement for losing weight or a "how to earn money from home"-scheme coming from you, Mr. Twitterbot! :P

The Flight Club stuff that Drew, Dave and Vinny did is worth a download if you want some fun content! .. though... maybe well.... the end of those usually end with something you probably do not wanna see when you midflight...

Haha, did it stop sending those? I changed my password and did everything short of closing my account so hopefully not.

And yeah I thought the idea of watching Flight Club on the plane would be pretty funny so I have all of those.

Edit: oh fucking hell

No Caption Provided
Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Armoes
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zeforgotten

@benpicko said:

@zeforgotten said:

@benpicko

: I'm surprised this isn't an advertisement for losing weight or a "how to earn money from home"-scheme coming from you, Mr. Twitterbot! :P

Haha, did it stop sending those? I changed my password and did everything short of closing my account so hopefully not.

And yeah I thought the idea of watching Flight Club on the plane would be pretty funny so I have all of those.

Edit: oh fucking hell

No Caption Provided

Hahaha, your tweets are linked.
But yeah, it stopped for now at least. Damn Twitter and their "Security"

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2012 GOTY videos are great. All the show parodies (saw collecshun mentioned) are a good time and there's a variety of games played in each.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By audiosnow

Copied from my post in another thread:

Sim Golf (with special guest) - Part 1, Part 2

RPCG: Blade Runner - Part 1, Part 2

RPCG: Burn: Cycle - Link

RPCG: Outcast - Link

RPCG: Phantasmagoria - Part 1, Part 2

How to Make a TNT - Link

Sleeper Agent Drew Scanlon - Link

TNT with Ska Legend Brad Muir - Link

Unprofessional Fridays: Dog Edition - Link

Breaking Brad: Doom 2 - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

TNT with Tim Schafer - Link

FMV Podcast - Link

AND MORE!

Inside the Producers Studio: GOTY - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Braving the Howling Dark: Fatherhood - Link

Unprofessional Fridays: Bear Edition - Link

Spookin' With Scoops: Windows Expl-horror - Link

TNT: Knowledge is power, ignorance is also power - Link

Happy Hour: Gettin' Hot 'n Lazy - Link

LINKS TO OTHERS' SUGGESTIONS

SNES Stream - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Thursday Night Trucks - Link

Skyrim Preshow: Morrowind - Part 1, Part 2

Skyrim Preshow: Oblivion - Part 1, Part 2

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mlarrabee: Thanks a lot.

Also surprised nobody has mentioned the Halo 24 hour stream. I remember that being good