Giant Bomb to review DLC , like suggested at E3?

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamerpigeon

Giant Bomb to review DLC , like suggested at E3?

forgive my ignorance if they have already started doing this , but if they havnt im wondering if they are still considering this?
gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gamerpigeon

no one cares weird i thought they'd be plenty of comments here oh well lol

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

I think it is a time issue, as now the editorial staff only has 4 members. Perhaps if ever they expand they will pay attention to it.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail
Endogene said:
"I think it is a time issue, as now the editorial staff only has 4 members. Perhaps if ever they expand they will pay attention to it."
It's not like of reviewing DLC takes a lot of effort, besides, Jeff sort of reviewed Burnout Paradise's Bike DLC. Remember that?
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
Snail said:
"Endogene said:
"I think it is a time issue, as now the editorial staff only has 4 members. Perhaps if ever they expand they will pay attention to it."
It's not like of reviewing DLC takes a lot of effort, besides, Jeff sort of reviewed Burnout Paradise's Bike DLC. Remember that?
"
Now that you mention, they often write articles in which they give their opinions about some of the DLC that comes out.
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By jeff

We're not currently setup to handle DLC in the way I've previously described, but it's on the table.

The core idea is that we'd be able to create areas on game pages devoted to each specific piece of DLC that's released for a game. Once you're down that far, you'd be able to do many of the things you currently do at the game level, like upload screens, write a reader review, and so on. There would also be a more formalized space for our reviews of that content.

In the meantime, we've been hitting some DLC here and there in regular blog posts. See last week's piece on the Street Fighter II table for Pinball FX for an example of that.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene
Jeff said:
In the meantime, we've been hitting some DLC here and there in regular blog posts. See last week's piece on the Street Fighter II table for Pinball FX for an example of that."
Which i created a page for a while ago without knowing that it would be in game DLC...

If i remember correctly coonce mentioned that untill early 09 they already ahd plenty of stuff to do. So we should not expect this anytime soon i guess.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

I think it was also for the users to have an opportunity to review DLC as well.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gamerpigeon

i totally remember the burnout paradise dlc post review thing , i can totally understand at this time of year there not being time , but i hope this is something they do in the future in depth , maybe even with its own small rating system or sumthin , but hey we dont need rock band dlc reviews every week , but things liek the TOYCARS coming in burnout paradise and stuff would be cool

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

It would be pretty helpful considering that lots of the DLC costs money, and i assume that will factor into the score, free DLC is always welcome.  I wonder what they would rate the horse armor from oblivion?