Glassdoor reviews of Game companies

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Saw a review of ID software on this site. Glassdoor for those not in the know is a site that gives IT professionals the opportunity to give a review of their employer without repercussions, obviously with anonymity. See the review here based on Doom 4 development.

Anyone else have other examples of this sort of thing? I'd be sure to take one example as a grain of salt as I don't believe that just one person can have such a fowl opinion of a company without others coming forward.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Based on the factual inaccuracies in the reviews for the company I work at I'd say that anything on that sight is highly suspect.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jorbit

I've always used Glassdoor with a grain of salt simply because it's anonymous. I understand the need for anonymity, but the gaming industry (at least for fans) is so competitive that I feel like they'd be willing to trash a gaming studio or publisher they hate or praise a studio they love. For example, Valve Software. I kind of find it hard to believe that an employee at Valve would feel the need to put a positive review on Glassdoor. Not because it's not a positive company, but because I seriously doubt anyone is going to check Glassdoor if they get asked to work at Valve.

That said, it's a good site. I've found tons of accurate information on my old employers including wages and the like. I just think it becomes less effective for smaller companies/studios due to the small amount of reviews they'll inevitably have.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I've been tempted to write a review at Glassdoor, but they require you to list your position at my company, and I'm the only one with my position, so...

Also, it's not just for IT companies.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id has never seemed like a stable company. It's surprising that they have survived this far past Doom 3.

I've been tempted to write a review at Glassdoor, but they require you to list your position at my company, and I'm the only one with my position, so...

Also, it's not just for IT companies.

Couldn't you simply make up a position? Nothing crazy, just enough to move the target away from you.