Goemon series

parasitecheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By parasitecheese

Looked in an N64 thread and noticed alot of you guys don't know who Goemon is. In Japan they hang you for not knowing, but since most of you aren't japanese, you might've missed it.

There was a console called the "Famicom" released in 1983, which was two years before the NES, and it was basically the same thing but alot better.

4 Goemon games were released on the Famicom, while the NES got none. These were awesome side-scrollers, and I advise everyone to buy them.

As for the Super Famicom, there were also 4 Goemon games, amazing 2-player sidescrolling adventures, some say better than Zelda. Only 1 of these games made it to the SNES (north america)

Then                                          

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64 was a 3D platformer/adventure, while Goemons Great Adventure was a 3D Sidescroller.

Each were amazing in their own right and were the best games on the N64, even surpassing Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask.

Both the N64 titles made it to the USA.

I hope this helps

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MisterChief

I've never seen the SNES box art before. What's with his hair?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

Apparently my only knowledge of Goemon was that I had Yu-Gi-Oh cards with some characters from that game. Didn't know they were from that game until seeing the opening video in the other N64 thread today.

Also that's a mighty claim to make saying that these games are better than the Zelda games.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JammyJesus

I remember wanting MNG, but apart from that I never played any of the games. 

Carbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carbon

"Each were amazing in their own right and were the best games on the N64, even surpassing Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask."

Having played and enjoyed both N64 Goemon games, I still cannot recall any significant resemblance to the Zelda games. Is there a specific reason you're calling out on Zelda? I get the impression that you either have some personal bitter resentment against the Zelda games for being more popular N64 games than the Goemon games, or you're attempting to start an argument (trolling) by making a comparison between two series that are apples and oranges. Either way, I agree that the Goemon games were great games.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar

Very few N64 games hold up today, let alone to people playing them for the first time.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

Goemon wasn't better than Zelda. That's a dumb thing to say. The platforming was weak, the enemies were mindless, the robot boxing segment practically played itself. It was good because it had RPG elements back when "RPG elements" wasn't really a big thing and because there was nothing else to play that month. Goemon's Adventure might be the best N64 2d platformer though, which is to say, its better than Mischief Makers and Yoshi's Story. But being obscure doesn't make it better than games that are better known for good reason.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jothel

Mystical Ninja starring Goeman was one of my favourite games when i was young

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By PerryVandell

I actually played (and still own) Mystical Ninja. I enjoyed it even though the story was non-sensical and it did a bad job of telling you what to do next.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clarke0

I played Legend of the Mystical Ninja with a friend and it was fantastic. Easily some of the most fun I've had with a co-op game.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm pretty sure people know about the mystical ninja games. They weren't that special, to be honest. 

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Leafhopper

I am disappointed greatly in this thread. You can't have a Goemon thread without Impact and his awesome song.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Jothel
@Leafhopper said:
" I am disappointed greatly in this thread. You can't have a Goemon thread without Impact and his awesome song. "
dash dash dash! that and the intro song are ingrained upon my very being
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By keyhunter

I always thought Goemon was crap. Cultural differences I guess.