GOTY Guesses

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

What do you think will be your favourite game this year?

It's weird, but I think mine will be A Hat in Time, if the team reaches their estimate of a 2014 release. I've been waiting for N64-style 3D platformers to return, the way SNES-style 2D platformers have, and this one looks especially polished.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mine? Transistor or Destiny depending on if Destiny has a significant amount content and whether the loot is diverse enough.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RonGalaxy

I got nothing. This year has sucked for games so far. There's a lot of promising stuff on the horizon though

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Oh man, the year is only half over. It's so, so hard to pick just one from what I've played so far (not even mentioning what's coming in the back half).

Early contenders, I think, are:

• Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall - a brilliant strategy RPG with a fantastic Cyberpunk setting and the expansion is even better. Expansion doesn't even seem to do it justice as it feels more like a full-fledged sequel.
  • Dark Souls II - while I am a lore hound and this game didn't really satisfy that I think the game feels a lot better than OG Dark Souls. Combat is much more fluid, it's more dynamic, and it gives a ton of options for a real variety of builds. Almost everything FROM changed was changed for the better.
  • THIEF - It's a stealth game and one of the best I've played. I was surprised that the game had such a mixed reception. Then I remembered that a lot of people don't like real stealth games. Felt the same about Splinter Cell: Blacklist actually.
  • Divinity: Original Sin is looking like a contender. I'm only 10 hours into the game but I've liked what I've played so far.
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth is bar none the funniest game I've ever played. There are segments in this title that literally broke my brain with befuddlement and laughter. Doesn't hurt that it's got a simple but fun combat system.

Those are the only games in my mind so far. Considering how poor - at least I felt - the output was last year, I think this year we've got a lot more variety already and a lot of room for burn-the-forums-down debates. I love those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I anticipate mine being either Dragon Age: Inquisition or Far Cry 4.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Have you checked out The Last Tinker?

I'm not a huge fan of trying to guess this sort of thing, there's usually a lot of surprises (both good and bad). But if I had to guess, I'd say The Witness...if that ever comes out...

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably Dark Souls 2... nothing else has really impressed me so far.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@beachthunder said:

Have you checked out The Last Tinker?

Hadn't heard about that before, looks pretty interesting. Definitely want to see more of that kind of thing.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6