Graduation Celebration

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By chemystery

I am now a college graduate everyone. Since I have a little bit more time on my hands with that section of life behind me, I thought I would try to write about games a bit more. So I will do my usual and write about what I am currently playing. As always, leave a comment if you have thoughts or opinions.

Candy
Candy "Cane"

Final Fantasy XIV is having the Christmas celebration dubbed, "The Starlight Festival". This year has you doing a set of daily quests answering children's letters put under a tree. Depending on the color of the tree you get a colored fallen star which you can use to cash in for festive items. There is a lot of furniture and a minion of "Hoary the Snowman". I still haven't purchased any housing so I'm only in it for the snowman. I'm doing my best to not let the events distract me from clearing content and raising my item level.

Klonoa still looks good to me.
Klonoa still looks good to me.

The other primary gaming focus I have is Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. Klonoa is a charming 2D (maybe 2.5D?) platformer. I'm only on the third level but it already the game has plenty of color and some interesting design. Since the game focuses on 2D platforming there is not a lot of room for exploration. You move in and out of the depth of field through cannons, similar to Donkey Kong Country, and occasionally you have to throw an enemy that way too. In order to double jump you have to hold an enemy, which means when you kill an enemy it automatically respawns. The game seems pretty simple but it is interesting to me because it is out of my wheelhouse. For a 2D platformer I think it holds up very well.

That's all for now

-Chemystery

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Way to go!

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points