#1  Edited By ick_bop
ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ick_bop
DAII was made in 8 months, KOTOR 2 in 12. DAII features a new art style(and no reused assets from Origins) and a new combat system. KOTOR 2 features an improved combat system, a more in depth morality system and a wide variety of new animations. 

KOTOR 2 has a dozen or so detailed, multi-level planets to explore, DAII has about four basic levels constantly reused throughout the game. KOTOR 2 generally improves upon it's sequel in terms of writing, with more realized characters and events. DAII...betrayal, sex, whatever.

Both games have awful, shitty as fuck abrupt endings leaving the story with a million loose ends. KOTOR 2 suddenly ends on the image of some stars and shit for no real reason, while DAII ends on a 'shocking' cliffhanger. DAII's at least provides a slightly better sense of 'completion'.  

BioWare is a bigass studio, Obsidian is small time. 
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By Little_Socrates

Going to say KOTOR II because I found that to simply be a perfectly fine game I had no interest in playing rather than DAII which was a game I was excited for that fell well short of expectations.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshth

KOTOR II is always criticized for its ending,  which is dumb and and abrubt i'll admit, however the rest of the game is really pretty fantastic,
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Kotor 2 was a great game that just had a bad ending. Every aspect of DA 2 was an abomination and a giant shit on everything origins had done.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ick_bop

bump 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

It's definitely Dragon Age II

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By KillyDarko

I had more fun with KOTOR 2

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By kingzetta

I like DA2

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I like DA2.  That's all I'll say.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FlyingRat

Don't understand why people disliked Dragon Age II so much. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

DAII is garbage.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Making a relatively polished sequel with all new assets and gameplay systems in 8(supposed) goddamn months is a far, far greater achievement than what Obsidian did with KOTOR 2.(K2 is the better game, though)

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Master_Funk

Had more fun in KOTOR 2. At least it used exactly the same mechanics and structure of the original unlike DA2 which abandoned so much of the open world gameplay. Plus it was the same freaking studio who made the first game unlike KOTOR 2.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sooty
@FlyingRat said:
Don't understand why people disliked Dragon Age II so much. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
because they rehashed the same areas over and over again, it had a fun combat system and everything else was pretty OK, just the rehashing is not cool.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

8 months for Dragon Age 2? I doubt that number, because I'm sure it was in active development long before Awakenings came out. Nonetheless, the point stands of it being a game that could've used another year or so for the devs to really sit back and say to themselves "Is this where we want to focus our efforts?"

However, for as much of a massive disappointment as DA II is, KotOR 2 is a trainwreck of half-formed ideas, poorly delivered plot, and the single worst "ending" in all of video games (not to say that DAII doesn't have any of those problems, because it does, but it's way worse in regards to KotOR). I replayed it in April, and was still not impressed even with the cut content put back in. Dragon Age II, for all its faults in the general direction of "a 60 hour RPG using content made for a 20 hour one", still has very well done combat, and some of the better characters as far as Bioware is concerned. Either way, they both end up in the special area of video game hell reserved for bad sequels.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Despite it's many faults Dragon Age 2 is still an amazing game that gets a lot of shit because how good it's predecessor was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Dragon Age 2, for goodness sake you could lose the droid character by doing a quest and not get him back because they never put the quest in to get him back.