Guys, hey Guys I need a few suggestions, Guys Guys.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bibledoctor

I enjoy me a good RTS. And i'm not talking your standard build an army and go out and conquer either. I'm talking about building a kingdom (with an army to protect it maybe but its not the main focus of the game). A game about creating an empire, a kingdom, not about dominating the world. A game like Pharaoh, or Zeus Master of Olympus (hell even the B&W series was alright). And i've been looking to play one like that again, sadly the only ones I can think of that I have played are those and Stronghold. And the downside to those are... well I've played them all. I'm having trouble finding a good RTS that fits this build because my brain is deciding not to think good, true story.  

Anyways anyone have any suggestions? Just a simple build-up a town RTS plx. 

tl;dr = Suggestions on an RTS game that isn't just about war.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

Well the Total War series, despite the title, isn't just about war in the traditional sense; sure, a lot of time is spent on building a military, but it's not spent fighting battles. 

The Settlers may be more your speed though, since it's more like the Pharaoh games in the sense that you're not conducting an entire empire from a magic game-board in space, it all takes place in game.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By emkeighcameron

Galactic Civilization II is pretty good if you don't mind space. Though there is a good amount of fighting (eventually)

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@BibleDoctor: 

No Caption Provided
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bibledoctor
@HypoXenophobia:    

┌─┐

┴─┴ .

ಠ_ರೃ

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@BibleDoctor: 
I'm curious why your top hat is floating in pieces
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bibledoctor
@HypoXenophobia: The top and the bottom parts of the top hat are having relationship problems and are no longer seeing one another right now and thus are separated at the moment. The monocle thinks it is a silly fight but they refuse to listen to him as he is not very "down to earth". Hope that explains.
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@BibleDoctor: 
Ooookay then, well as your hat part quarrels, Roller Coaster Tycoon is a fine RTS thats not war related.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jkz
@BibleDoctor said:
" @HypoXenophobia: The top and the bottom parts of the top hat are having relationship problems and are no longer seeing one another right now and thus are separated at the moment. The monocle thinks it is a silly fight but they refuse to listen to him as he is not very "down to earth". Hope that explains. "
You know I never would have though someone would be able to provide a solid and believable explanation for mis-formatted ASCII art, but I think you just pulled it off. 

Or maybe I'm just tired; g'nite y'all, it's 4 AM.