Has a game ever glitched in your favor?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ReyGitano

Personally the word glitch has always carried a negative connotation for me since they usually either impede player progress or are just a nuisance that prevent a game from playing out as intended. That said, I've been playing SSX for the past few weeks and may have just encountered the first welcomed glitch I've experienced in a long time.

Now whenever I log into the Ridernet when the game starts, I'm awarded around 50 million credits in ghost winnings. I like to think I'm good enough at SSX to get a gold in every event, but I'm not that good nor have enough people on my friends list to account for those types of winnings. Now I feel like I'm just waiting to be banned. At the same time though, after a week of this happening, I'm starting to realize it's a lousy glitch. I have so much money that I'll never be able to spend, that the game has lost a lot of that all-important reward system to keep me going. I remember being excited when I would win a global even for a payout of 7 million... now it's just chump change.

Anyways I'm interested in hearing other stories of unintentional glitches or bugs that felt welcomed.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Pokemon Blue/Red, the item duplication glitch. It wasn't a random occurrence and technically you had to do a series of specific acts just to get it but that's the only one that comes to mind right now.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By shaunk

When I first played Assassins Creed 1, I was in the first town jumping around getting used to the mechanics. As I was running from some guards I was hanging from an awning above a door, held forward towards the house and pressed jump in an attempt to climb the awning. But my character launched himself forward through the building, glitched into infinite water down below, died, and randomly got me the achievement for remaining undefeated for 100 battles or however many it was. This is a difficult achievement which i got like 15 minutes into the game.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By cookiemonster

The last mission on Gears of War 3 repeatedly glitch'd for me on insane coop, where it would randomly fail the mission for no reason. It was doing mine and my friend's heads in. Then one go it glitch'd so that no theron guards spawned, making the final boss incredibly easy.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Can't site any specific examples, but there have been many duplication glitches over the years and the like that I have abused. Kind of hate finding them to be honest though, as they tend to ruin the game as I do not have the willpower to abuse it once I find it.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BaneFireLord

There was an odd glitch in Guitar Hero III where I was playing The Metal and somehow unlocked the achievement for doing something impossible involving Number of the Beast on expert.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

Yeah. I was fighting a dragon in Monster Hunter Tri and it somehow managed to get stuck to a wall.

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deathmachine117

I somehow glitched Vice City to skip all the build up to the bank robbery related missions and a few others right up to the last mission. Unless this could actually be done I never bothered to find out.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I had a bug with using a Ops pack in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and my shields kept recharging instantly the moment I took damage.

I had so much fun that round with my Krogan.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Brunchies

@FinalDasa said:

Pokemon Blue/Red, the item duplication glitch. It wasn't a random occurrence and technically you had to do a series of specific acts just to get it but that's the only one that comes to mind right now.

This, my brother did this and basically managed to level all of his pokemon to the maximum level. Other then that, I was playing san andreas and when I upgraded my OS, I got billions of dollars.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shaunk

As I wrote on the Gears of War 2 page there used to be a glitch (it happened to me in Gears 3 recently too) where if a player lagged after everyone was in a game lobby as the game was loading (a very specific time) the game had a chance of spawning an additional bot on their team because it thinks that the lagging guy left. Leaving one team with 6 players, which was super helpful in some game modes.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@BraveToaster: That reminds me of Crawmerax. You could sit in a specific spot of two and just kill him, essentially mining him for the best guns.

@Brunchies: I did the same. I would rare candy everyone up and then feed them the items that boosted stats. Pokemon Stadium trembled before me!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By N7

I remember one time, I was playing Knights Of The Old Republic for the billionth time. This time I decided to play as a girl because I've never done it before. So I start it up, name her, assign her, play and right before we're able to finish the first mission... It glitches out, turns me from a level one character into a level 7 Jedi, a dude, prenamed and everything, complete with Lightsaber, robes and all. It's important to note the Lightsaber because you don't get one in the game for fucking hours.

That was a pretty c o o l glitch. One I will never forget.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BraveToaster

@FinalDasa said:

@BraveToaster: That reminds me of Crawmerax. You could sit in a specific spot of two and just kill him, essentially mining him for the best guns.

Yeah, I wasted a lot of time fighting Crawmerax and I only got one or two good drops. I can't wait to try out some of the guns in Borderlands 2.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By habster3

On the second GBA Spyro game, some glitch happened and I randomly got 99 lives

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By D_Bones

Remember my good old days of playing Halo on my old ass PC. I would get in a Warthog and teleport every few metres somehow running people over but not getting hit with bullets. Ah that was amazing and hilarious.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@BraveToaster: His drops were really odd. I remember the first few runs I did with some friends resulted in nothing but greens. The last drop before I was going to bail was all purples and oranges.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

In Deadly Premonition a enemy randomly burst into flames and flailed about all crazy whilst running at me. That was pretty funny.

In master ninja difficulty in Ninja Gaiden 2 there is one part during chapter 11 that is insanely hard. thankfully there is a glitch that allows you to bypass the fight entirely. Here is a video explaining it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By MooseyMcMan

There's a great one in Mega-Man where you can get enemies to disappear from the game when they go off the screen (only in a couple spots though).

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@CookieMonster said:

The last mission on Gears of War 3 repeatedly glitch'd for me on insane coop, where it would randomly fail the mission for no reason. It was doing mine and my friend's heads in. Then one go it glitch'd so that no theron guards spawned, making the final boss incredibly easy.

That exact thing happened to me.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renmckormack

Resident Evil Code Veronica. Nosferatu got caught in an animation and then stuck on a part of the roof geometry due to crazy camera angle switches, and I could just snipe away at him without worrying about getting attacked.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Sackmanjones

I believe Skyrim is built on the premise

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Mercenaries: World in Flames; I jumped from a helicopter at the skybox limit, survived the fall, and was invincible the rest of the game :D