Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm going to wait for a few first party IP's before I consider getting one.

KiLlerBLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By KiLlerBLT

I'm sure I'll eventually get one, but likely not until next holiday at the earliest.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Yeeeees. Or no... it was a gift; lucky me! I'm enjoying Mario and Zombi U. I passed on the Wii and only played it a couple of times and never owned a DS so it's nice to have a Nintendo console again. I'm liking the gamepad a lot. Something different than PS3/360. I could see myself just picking up a 360 probably next console cycle and having the Wii U for the Nintendo games.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Yep.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

Unless some spectacular exclusive games come along, I won't be getting one. Right now I have a Wii, 360, PS3 and a good PC and I really only use the 360 and PC. I will be much more selective in my future console buys. Of course I say this now and will probably buy all of them

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Clonedzero

nah, i doubt i'll get one. i'm not big into nintendo games, and third party games have been well, crap on nintendo for ages now. so unless that somehow turns around (which i dont see happening) i wont be getting one.

dont get me wrong, im not hating on it, it looks pretty cool and if i could have one for free i'd totally take it. its just the games dont interest me much.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TyCobb

Nope, and I currently have no plans on ever getting one. Nintendo screwed me on the Wii and I won't let them fool me again with their new gimmicky system. I'll stick to PC and continue to buy the next PS and Xbox. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their last system.

I honestly don't understand why they need to do these dumb gimmicks. If they would have just went back to basics with a normal controller and high-end graphics, I would have been on board. Any third party developer would have jumped on that bandwagon. Instead, they did the Wii U and make developers question whether or not to make their game for that platform. It also can't be a straight port since they now have to program stupid maps and screens for the gamepad which just makes developers think twice on whether or not it is worth it to port their game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By crusader8463

Nope, and I currently have no plans on getting one.

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By asger

Will get one.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dixavd

I Picked "Not Yet" as I haven't decided firmly on either side yet. I want to see what they announce for Zelda on the WiiU and what Monolith Soft is working on since Xenoblade.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kishinfoulux

Yes. It really is an awesome console. Even just little things like using the Gamepad as a TV remote, and I love the Miiverse. It's just cool seeing people's messages and comments. It gives the whole experience a real sense of community. I feel like we are all just enjoying ourselves and sharing our joy. You don't get that with the 360, PS3, or PC.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joeyoe31

Maybe later. Don't have the money for it right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many threads asking me if I have or plan to buy a Wii-U? I can only answer "When the good exclusives are out" so many times dammit.

AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

I'll wait and see what they do with their big franchises before I decide. The weakness of the online means that I'm gonna have a ps4 or xbox whatever along with it so I wont be getting one until after those come out too

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By confusedowl

I'll probably wait a year or so before I pick one up just like I did with the 3DS. See if there are any games I'm interested in.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I actually don't even have a Wii.

Ain't planning on getting a Wii U anytime soon, either.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jdh5153

Why would I spend $350 on a console that's already outdated? There are developers out there who have said they will NOT port games to the Wii U because they'd have to downgrade them to get them to run on the Wii U.

So all you'll get on a Wii U are Nintendo games and crappy, dumbed down ports. No thanks. I don't care for Nintendo games at all. I want my Call of Duty, Halo, Forza and Madden. And I want them to look good, not like s*

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

i don't plan on getting a wiiu. i don't know what it is. it just doesn't appeal to me i guess.

Shinigamirap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shinigamirap

I haven't heard anything about the Wii U surprisingly i need to check up on that. I'm a fan of Nintendo for keeping the soul of video games alive, i can sit and play and enjoy games from them with groups of all ages and i respect that. when i play xbox and ps3 and its just all one big penis measuring contest and a slew of Multiplayer Macho game trash talk.

I plan on getting a Wii U after i find some great titles for it that i would like.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Vexxan

Skipped the original Wii and it's not looking good for this one either in my case. I'm a bit of interested in the Wii U than the Wii mainly because now it's not all about stupid motion controls.

underworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By underworld

I want one so I can play bayonetta 2.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I was slightly hesitant at first, but I eventually broke down and got one. I had a LOT of gift cards that I had accrued over the past year at gamestop so it only came out to about 100 bucks (I also traded in a few games I didn't play anymore). When I started playing with it, I was pleasantly surprised. I may not be using it for games all the time, but shit, I'm using it for netflix at this moment, so it'll definitely get plenty of use. The way they implement the gamepad in everything I've enjoyed a lot thus far. I'm absolutely smitten with zombi u at the moment, with Nintendo Land a great way to unwind after a stressful bout in zombi u. I bought a Wii a long while ago and never really liked it that much, I only really got it to play NMH 1/2 and Metroid Prime 3. The Wii U is definitely in stark contrast to that, I'm really having fun with it, and I'm actually glad I got one.

fidgetwidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fidgetwidget

Yep, and this is my review: http://fidgetwidget.tumblr.com/post/36673214473/my-wiiu-review

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By pandorasbox

Nope, don't feel the need to just yet. If ever.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrikk

I got one. And Scribblenauts for it.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ducksworth

Going to grab it when either one of the following happens:

• Price is $200 or lower for base model
  • There are at least three games released that I consider must have (current count = 0), one of them must be an original Zelda title
Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jrinswand

Negatory. I'm out of the console game, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't be buying a Wii U.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HerbieBug

hahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* aaaaahahahahahahaha

*ahem* the answer is no. :)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sackmanjones

I bought one. It seemed like it had lots of potential and I had the money to get it. Haven't owned a Nintendo console since.... Well since the NES. So hey guess who's looking forward to all those Nintendo games!

CellBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CellBit

Nope! I will eventually, but I don't usually buy consoles at launch. Nintendoland, NSMBU and ZombiU aren't really enough to justify the purchase just yet.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sackmanjones

Also I currently have SMBU and Zombiu (and it came with Nintendo land)

Mario is really excellent, probably because I don't have the fatigue some others do. And I am also really enjoying zombiu. It's easily the best case of how to integrate that pad into a game. You literally cannot get an experience like Zombiu without that gamepad and that's really neat.

HappyCheeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HappyCheeze

PC is my main source of gameage. But I've been thinking about getting a WiiU for something different like Zombie U and for nostalgia-bation on virtual console.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sackmanjones
@HappyCheeze Zombiu basically justified my purchase
Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Peanut

Yes, because I love GAMES! ALL OF THEM!

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FearMyFlop

Yes! I bought this new add on to my Wii for myself for Christmas. Can't wait to open it alone on Christmas day!

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frankfartmouth

I'll get one as soon as I have the money and a couple more 1st party games come out. Maybe a year out at the most.