Have you ever gotten 100% in a game? If so which games?

• 68 results
InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

What motivated you to get 100% in those games?

Personally I don't think I ever have. I might have gotten close for some, but I've never gone all the way.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Red Dead Redemption is the only game I pursued 100% completion in. I don't know why. I suppose because the side activities were actually fun instead of being random things where you hunt for a needle in a haystack. Bounties were fun, hunting was fun, the outlaw challenges were fun, all of the side stuff was just really fun.

Except for Mexico. Mexico was the most un-fun thing about not just RDR, but all Rockstar games.

No really, fuck Mexico.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Saints Row 3 & 4
Persona 4 (If getting max social links counts :P)
Far Cry 3
Metal Gear Rising
DMC

Those are recent ones that I can remember

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I did it for both Infamous games. I just had a great time with both of them and wanted to keep going when I was done.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did better than 100%

I've gotten full 200.6% completion in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night multiple times, and whatever is full completion in Richter mode :D

I've also gotten full completion in Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (I forget now if they gave you a percentage number; been years).

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• Assassin's Creed 2
  • Dirt 2
  • Dirt
  • LA Noire
  • All of the Lego games
  • NFS: Hot Pursuit
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Tiger Woods 13
  • Toy Story 3

I tend to 100% games that I really enjoy playing. Games that captivate me enough that I want to see all of the content in the game.

And I also just love collecting everything in the Lego games, not really sure why.

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kylenalepa

The most recent one I remember was getting 100% on was Assassin's Creed III. I'm not really sure why - I liked it least of all the games in the series. Still, full sync on all missions. I don't count multiplayer, though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Every GTA game since GTA3 (even the portable ones), Bully, RDR, the infamous games, the uncharted games (except 3 because it's a bad game), Sleeping Dogs, FFXII, FFXIII, Saint's Row 3, probably a dozen more.

I paid for them to make the content so I'm going to get my monies worth.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

A few. The most recent (whenever it came out originally- 2010 maybe?) was Pac Man Championship edition DX.

More in game 100%, stuff like FF X (that sucked- I really hate blitzball) and... I cant really remember enough to name anymore. I don't do it often or anything and it's been a while since I invested that much time into 1 game.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A decent number of games. Most Final Fantasies. A lot of other JRPGs. And I particularly remember Super Metroid back in the day. It just feels good to feel like you rung out every bit of the game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be in this as I ws a kid playing games like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64 & Banjo-Kazooie. Lately though, I get enough satisfaction from just finishing a game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I know I've 100%ed a few games. I just can't remember too many. Majora's Mask, maybe Kingdom Hearts, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie/Super Mario 64, almost Aquaria (one or two super-easy achievements left).....that's all I can get right now.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

First game I did it for was Super Mario World. DmC, Bayonetta, and Assassins Creed 2 were other games I can remember doing it for off the top of my head. And why I do it? Some times I feel like a completionist for certain games and I am in the mood to do it.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By indieslaw

Achievement-wise? I think Oblivion might be the only one I did. Oh, also SotN, but that involved 200.6%ing that game, so not sure if that counts.

I am not much of a completionist.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Think I've only ever really 100% a small number of games, and the ones that come to me off the top of my head are Batman Arkham Asylum, Sleeping Dogs and Ocarina of Time. I think I may have done 100% in FF VII, and by that I mean gotten all the materia and defeated all the Weapons, but not that super crazy version of 100% where you get like 99 of all items and crap too.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#17  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I've 100% quite a few games over the years and I think it mainly comes down to if they are fun to play through. After I finish a game I think about going back through to collect everything and if that that sounds to tedious I won't do it. Or if it's to power up the player character I'll usually get everything before I finish the game.

• The legend of zelda: a link to the past
  • Castlevania: symphony of the night
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Saints Row 3
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted

It's not the full list but it's a pretty good spread of titles and I can't quite remember every game I've 100%.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achievement-wise, the only game where I got all achievements was Telltale Games' The Walking Dead. I got the retail copy at my local game store, and it contained all 5 episodes, so it felt like one long game. I was surprised to see that all you had to do was finish each episode in order to get all achievements. It was surprisingly easy.

My most played game is Mass Effect 2. I only have a few achievements that haven't been unlocked, and it's for the extra DLC missions, like "Arrival", for example.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ezekiel

Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure 2 with my brothers, Toy Commander with my brothers, Everything or Nothing, Resident Evil 4, Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy, Ocarina of Time long ago, Mario Kart 64, Rayman 2, Star Wars Racer, Rogue Squadron, Super Mario 64, Dark Souls for PC, platinumed Demon's and Dark Souls, Far Cry 3 single player, Tomb Raider single player, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Subsistence on Hard Mode but didn't unlock all the extras outside of the main files, everything in GoldenEye except for some of the unlockable cheats, Super Mario Bros. remake.

Because of the challenge. Because of the achievement. (Not that kind.) Because it's fun. Because I don't like to leave things that seem simple unfinished. Unless the game sucks.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I don't do stupid shit in games for the hell of it. Example, I'm not going around GTA IV shooting pigeons. Why the hell would I EVER want to do that; its unfun and doesn't reward me with anything but an "atta-boy!"

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeno Clash, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat. I know the Stalker games don't really have an official percentage counter, but I know I have done everything there is to do in those games, including all the quests (and if I haven't then I am really close).

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A whole bunch, but i dont keep track. Not so much anymore, tedious bullshit like collectables is too much these days for me.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Saints Row IV is my latest

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I did it for the swapper for narrative reasons but for some reason I'm drawing a blank on anything else.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one I'm most proud of is Bionic Commando: Rearmed. All difficulties and challenge rooms. That and all achievements in Dark Souls.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HerbieBug

Final Fantasy VII. I dunno why I felt compelled to do it. 100% in that game is a fucking nightmare of random chance. You jump through all of those hoops to breed the desired Chocobo colour and it's still like 25% chance or something and you must reset the system over and over and over. Fuck that game. Fuck it so very much. D:

I think I got close in Vice City but I know I didn't get the t-shirt. I did get all the packages, that's for sure. Such colossal time wastage.

Everything you can do in a single new game and new game + of Chrono Trigger, I did. Not all endings, but all items and all missions finished.

Wave Race 64

edit--- come to think of it now, I might have done 100% for Project Gotham Racing 2. Not sure on that.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I got all the stars in Super Mario 64. I got all the stars with Mario in Super Mario Galaxy. That's about it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

First time I ever did it was for Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Seeing the second ending was so awesome as a kid, and made doing the extra work worth it

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got 100% in Telltale's The Walking Dead. I anticipate doing the same in Wolf Among Us.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I got 100% in Telltale's The Walking Dead. I anticipate doing the same in Wolf Among Us.

You're lucky, the achievements glitched out for me and the game didn't give me the final achievements =\

Anyway, I've gotten 100% in a bunch of games, but the only ones that really count are Binding of Isaac and Super Hexagon.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By musubi

@infinitegeass: Uh, tons just recently I did it to GTA V earlier this year I did it to Saints 4 as well.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Evilsbane

Red Dead Redemption is the only game I pursued 100% completion in. I don't know why. I suppose because the side activities were actually fun instead of being random things where you hunt for a needle in a haystack. Bounties were fun, hunting was fun, the outlaw challenges were fun, all of the side stuff was just really fun.

Except for Mexico. Mexico was the most un-fun thing about not just RDR, but all Rockstar games.

No really, fuck Mexico.

RDR is hardly the only game I have accomplished 100% but it is one I really enjoyed doing the world was just so good even the zombie expansion was awesome.

And I don't really understand the Mexico hate it was a cool area and you got Clint's fucking Poncho!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Final Fantasy X-2. Got the special ending where Tidus returns and Yuna and him are just hanging out on the cliff talking about what occurred.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

Depends maybe a bit on how you technically define 100%. For instance, I got the "100%" achievement in GTA V, but you don't really have to do everything to get it.

• Castlevania: SotN
  • Super Mario 64
  • LA Noire
  • Saints Row 3
  • Burnout Paradise (single-player content only, still quite a few online challenges I never completed)
AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never collect anything in games, and tend to not do much side stuff. But I've still done everything in most Infinity Engine games, because I've finished games like Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape etc. well over five times each, even With walkthroughs to make sure I don't miss anything. But generally I'm bad at finishing games, and when I do I tend to only finish the main story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Many many games. To name a few:

• GTA3 Liberty City Stories, Vice City, Vice City Stories, GTA San Andreas, GTA4 (In game 100% not Platinum Trophies)
  • Dead Space, Dead Space 2.
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Mercenaries 2
  • Borderlands
  • Tekken 6
  • Saints Row 3, Saints Row 4
  • Deadly Premonition the Directors Cut
  • Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City
  • Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Revelations
  • Heavy Rain
  • Bayonetta
  • Fallout 3

I'm proud of my Platinum Trophies and GTA 100% completions. Hard to list every game I've ever beat to 100% completion, because that's a metric f*ck ton of games.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Achievment or trophy wise, not a single one. I have however 100% cleared Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid and the original Jak and Daxter multiple times. That ofcourse means 100% on the arbitrary score in the game. I tend to do some silly challenges on my own in those games. All 3 are on my top games of all time as well, so the motivation is pure enjoyment and exploration.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I only really did this as a kid. I remember I 100% Spyro 1-3 and I unlocked and beat every level in Mario 3 and Mario World. The only recent things were Saints Row 3 and I still need to get the last 3 coins in the last level of Super Mario 3D Land.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Meat Boy. Yeaaaaah...

... at least I got the 100% achievement. I haven't done all the ironman run because... fuck that.

Got Super Hexagon too. Those are the two I'm most proud of.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

-Assassin's creed II and III, Saints Row the Third and IV, Batman Arkham City, Sly 1-3 and many more

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#42  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

All Zombies Must Die!

Assassin's Creed II

Blackwell Convergence

Blackwell Deception

Botanicula

FEZ

Flower

Kairo

LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes

Resonance

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sly 1

SpaceChem

Splice

Stacking

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Thomas Was Alone

That's just the games that have achievements, there are a lot of older RPGs that I have "completed." As for why, I enjoy doing seeing everything in a game, but if a game has a map that is filled in as you explore, you best fucking believe I will complete that map. I can't not do it, even if the game in question makes doing so tedious as fuck.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I 100%ed A Link To The Past is mostly that I had it for GBA so I played it all the time like in the car, on the bus, etc., so I had no issue getting everything.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Off the top of my head...I totally got all 108 characters and the hidden ending in Suikoden III, which as I understand is far less tedious than it is in some of the other games in the series. I can probably also get all 100 Jiggies and 900 Notes in Banjo-Kazooie from memory, and I believe I got the 100% acheivement for Shadow Complex as well. Also S-Ranked Oblivion, if that counts.

Honestly, not much into completionism if that requires me to collect pointless junk.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption (and Undead Nightmare), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Banjo-Kazooie, Splinter Cell: Double Agent... that's all I can think of right now.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Sonic 3

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@evilsbane: The hate for Mexico has less to do with the location and more the general plot of the region. Lance Ricketts was a cool character, but your whole reason for being there is foggy at best. Then you get involved with the Mexican civil war for no real reason and you work for a special sort of scumbag during that arc. It just seemed like filler. I imagine a lot of players were driven to find their ex outlaw buddies and get Marston's family back. Mexico was just a giant stretch of the plot not moving forward.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Eternal Sonata on the Xbox 360. I loved it so much when it came out.

NemeanOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only two that come to mind are Castlevania: SotN and Bayonetta. Namely because I adored those games.