WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

hey duders!

A mate and I are both looking at building tower pc's that are capable of running D3. We aren't looking for specs that would allow for max setting, just a cheapish build with the capability. What sort of price would we be looking at? Is it cheaper to buy a package or individual parts?

We are both computer noobs, so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bell_End

it might help to give people the budget you have and where you live as i might recommend some stuff from amazon UK and you live in norway or something like that.

in any case just work out what you have to spend and buy the best you canb for you money

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@Bell_End said:

it might help to give people the budget you have and where you live as i might recommend some stuff from amazon UK and you live in norway or something like that.

in any case just work out what you have to spend and buy the best you canb for you money

Sure man, thanks for saying that :)

I am living in Australia. If possible, I don't want to go over the $1000 mark, but I don't know how plausible that is. Financially, I could go up to $2000, but really, I don't want to have to get anywhere near that figure

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BillyMethers

Well you dont have to go crazy if you want to run Diablo 3. (I assume that's what you mean by D3)

The parts are always cheaper because the package you have to pay for the person who built it.

Personally, I think you'll have to go nowhere near $2000 unless you want to do something crazy.

I'm thinking about what you could build, but honestly I dont really have anything to say about that. You have anymore details you could give?

Is it just Diablo 3 you want to run? What else would you want to use it for?

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By adziboy

Wait... whhhaaatt? Where I live $1000 would be easily enough to build a PC - not the greatest, but it will run games easily. Unless I'm converting the currency wrong.

Equals about £600 right? That's easily enough for a decent enough PC.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By warxsnake

I have no idea what the prices are like in Aus but at least building a pc is dead simple these days, you should aim for around 

Core i5 2500k and matching 1155 motherboard (Evga makes some good ones) 
8GB Ram 
GTX 670  

Now diablo 3 requires way less than this but why not futureproof yourself.  

I imagine D3 would be fine on a dual core machine and a GTX260 216

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

bumpity bump

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By GaspoweR

You can build a PC that can run Crysis for about 700 - 800 USD so the 1000 USD budget is actually pretty ideal. You may not be able to run games like the Witcher 2 maxed out at Ultra settings but you'll be able to run those games with certain tweaks to the graphics while still looking great at that price range. Probably invest in an SSD if you really want to boot your games fast and probably don't install too many games since SSDs are more expensive with less memory compared to their HDD counterparts at the same price range. Probably have an extra HDD where you can have your other games on there in backup form.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PillClinton

@warxsnake said:

I have no idea what the prices are like in Aus but at least building a pc is dead simple these days, you should aim for around Core i5 2500k and matching 1155 motherboard (Evga makes some good ones) 8GB Ram GTX 670 Now diablo 3 requires way less than this but why not futureproof yourself. I imagine D3 would be fine on a dual core machine and a GTX260 216

This, but swap the Sandy Bridge chip for Ivy Bridge. Go for an i5 3570K (only about $15 more than a 2500K) and Z77 mobo. Better to get on this year's new hardware than year+ old hardware.

scubasteve2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scubasteve2010

I think it would be good to know the resolution of the display you will be gaming on (assuming you already own the monitor).