Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Poll Help Me Decide (80 votes)

Invisible Inc 45%
Banner Saga 1\2 25%
Darkest Dungeon 30%

I want to try a new game and I've narrowed it down to these three but beacuse of my crippling indecision I can't decide which one to get. Have you tried any or all of these games? What one did you like the most and why? Did you really not like one and if so why?

• 
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1 gamer_152  Moderator

It's always hard to pick games for strangers, but I'd recommend Invisible Inc. just because of my huge bias towards cyberpunk and because I already miss Austin.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really like Darkest Dungeon. The aesthetic and style just fit with my tastes more than invisible inc or banner saga. Gameplay is pretty fun too, and its great learning how to best prepare for and go through the dungeons.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Banner Saga imo had the best combination of Gameplay and Story. I really liked the Oregon Trail elements fused with SRPG tactical gameplay.

Invisible Inc has great SRPG gameplay, but it's super short and requires tons of replays to really appreciate it.

Darkest Dungeon starts off pretty neat but turns into a really repetitive grindfest. (fighting the same bosses over and over)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: @mezza: Turns out DD isn't out for PS4 yet (I thought it was) and I don't really like playing games on my shitty old laptop.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slag: @mezza: Turns out DD isn't out for PS4 yet (I thought it was) and I don't really like playing games on my shitty old laptop.

It's also supposed to be released on VITA soon-ish, if that is a factor since it looks like a great game to bring along. I am certainly looking forward to many a nightshift with that one.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Banner Saga is my vote but that's a really tough field due to all being good choices. I've heard the same that DD gets grindy and grating after a while, but I liked what I played of Invisible Inc (once I figured out what I was doing) and Banner Saga is just beautiful all around.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@jonny_anonymous: Honestly you are better off imo.

You can't go wrong with Banner saga or invis inc.

But DD I'm not sure I'd even recommend. I do think it's probably better suited for handheld experience, where the grindy nature is probably more tolerable. If you got a Vita whenever it ships there that may be the ideal way to play it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@jonny_anonymous: Honestly you are better off imo.

You can't go wrong with Banner saga or invis inc.

But DD I'm not sure I'd even recommend. I do think it's probably better suited for handheld experience, where the grindy nature is probably more tolerable. If you got a Vita whenever it ships there that may be the ideal way to play it.

Banner 1\2 is on sale on PS4 for I might just get that and inc

Samus4145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Banner Saga 2 is free with Gold right now if you have an Xbox One.