Help with Podcasts

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Commisar123

So me and my friend are trying to start our own wonderfully fantastic podcast.  Basically we need a place for people to download it or listen to it ideally for free.  Could any of you guys give us some help?  Thanks a bunch
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

What's your podcast about?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

Help with what? Downloading it? If so we need to know what its about and a link cause so far you aint sellin' much.
Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Cerogravian
@EuanDewar: 
@Commisar123 said:
"Basically we need a place for people to download it or listen to it ideally for free."

...This would lead me to conclude that this is a question about (preferably) free hosting?
Unfortunately, I have no good tips - I just tried to check the place I used to use, but they appear to be dead or to have smef:ed...
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Commisar123

@Cerogravian:  Yep pretty much thanks anyway though but to clarify its a video game podcast and if me and my freind can figure out how to host it we'll post a link
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Commisar123 said:
" @Cerogravian:  Yep pretty much thanks anyway though but to clarify its a video game podcast and if me and my freind can figure out how to host it we'll post a link "
All places you can host either cost something OR have a free trail that ends quickly. 
Ashuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ashuku

I'd suggest www.soundcloud.com for hosting... Not sure what the limit on their file length is, but its free.  I also dont know if what you upload can be integrated into an RSS feed.   

Actually!  I don' t know what your financial situation is, but maybe you and your friend should invest in some hosting. A podcast without a website probably wont go very far. Things like show-notes, an archive, and comments are almost a necessity.        

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what type of recording equipment are you using? Thats definitely another thing that is a necessary investment with this sort of thing... assuming you haven't already.