Here is how tomorrow's Playstation meeting is going to go.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Max_Cherry

Enter Kaz Hirai

"Internet Explorer 4.0 for Playstation Plus Subscribers BITCHES!!!"

Drops mic and exits stage

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grimluck343

The best of Internet Explorers.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

hmm i hope ur rite

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaMisterChief
No Caption Provided

bungie will be there, why announce something if you're going to then go into hiding.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Kaz: "Yo son, I'ma hook you up. I'ma hook you up. I gots this PlayStashun! Four?.. Its gots, The Infamous, it could play Wu-Tang on the internet!, and.. The Spex?!, shit on Microsoft, son!.. And Crunchyroll."

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Oh you thought you were here for Playstation 4? POW PLAYSTATION 5 BITCHES.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how it's going to go down.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai

Then that creepy baby from the PS3 launch commercials comes out and mutters, "Genji 2 at launch, where you will play as the giant enemy crab." Then it explodes.

Fin.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll announce the PS4 for an August release and then the PS5 for November.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Harlem Shake starts everyone does Harlem Shake, then that's it.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By DarkShaper

@dalai said:

Then that creepy baby from the PS3 launch commercials comes out and mutters, "Genji 2 at launch, where you will play as the giant enemy crab." Then it explodes.

Fin.

Genji Days of the Blade was already the second game.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"VEEETA PRICE DROP!"

Then just silence...and dissapointment.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Just imagining Kaz dropping the mic all gangsta like gets me laughing.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll announce the PSP2, duh.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Warfare

@cold_wolven said:

Just imagining Kaz dropping the mic all gangsta like gets me laughing.

Please let this come true.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalai said:

Fin.

Genji Days of the Blade was already the second game.

Sony is going to remake Days of the Blade where you play as the giant enemy crab. They had to push back The Last Guardian to make that happen.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I love this one, So-So Much.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread may not be the best place to ask (as it is filled with shenanigans), but when is this thing supposed to be going down tomorrow? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE

Two Ridge Racer jokes in one day shame on you.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warfare: A Playstation launch without Ridge Racer is no Playstation launch I want to be a part of :(

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

This thread may not be the best place to ask (as it is filled with shenanigans), but when is this thing supposed to be going down tomorrow? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Its going down at 5:30 PST. GameTrailers should have a stream, GameSpot won't? I think, IGN will, and GB's calendar said that it would.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jrinswand

@jrinswand said:

Its going down at 5:30 PST. GameTrailers should have a stream, GameSpot won't? I think, IGN will, and GB's calendar said that it would.

Thanks, duder! I really appreciate it! And I'm psyched! That means that I can watch it after I get out of school tomorrow night.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

There's definitely no way my high expectations will be shattered. Right? I just hope that Sony sticks to what really matters to us.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"VEEETA PRICE DROP!"

Then just silence...and dissapointment.

"RIIIIDGGGE RACER also coming out"... come on guys RIIIIIIDGGGG RACE.

ps4 announced.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By benpicko
@blu3v3nom07 said:

@jrinswand said:

IGN said that they're doing a stream an hour before the conference starts, and that stream is on at 2PM PST.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/watch-the-220-playstation-event-on-ign

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By benpicko

There's definitely no way my high expectations will be shattered. Right? I just hope that Sony sticks to what really matters to us.

It's going to be a 5 minute stream. First four minutes and a half are hype trailers, before cutting to Kaz. He says, 'Stay tuned for an announcement at E3! See you all then!'. The lights dim and the stream ends.

Zebracal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope that they won't announce anything that will give us any disappointments.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@benpicko said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

It's going to be a 5 minute stream. First four minutes and a half are hype trailers, before cutting to Kaz. He says, 'Stay tuned for an announcement at E3! See you all then!'. The lights dim and the stream ends.

Oh man. I think this would be even better than a Vita press conference.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The vita is now the official controller of the next playstation. Eat it nintendo.

Kaz walk off stage with a smarmy look, knowing that a bunch of suckers will pay $200 for a controller.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Five hundred ninety nine US dollars.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By TheHT

@jrinswand said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@jrinswand said:

Thanks, duder! I really appreciate it! And I'm psyched! That means that I can watch it after I get out of school tomorrow night.

GameTrailers has a preshow hosted by Geoff Keighley that Jeff is going to be on.

edit: forgot to say, the preshow is at 5ET and 2pm PT. Also the Playstation Meeting apparently starts at 6pm EST, not 5:30 PST (which would be 8:30 EST).

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Welcome announcement over PA by Oscars' commercial break "coming up" sounding voice, the PlayStation logo and blue banner animates and pulls away to a video screen...

Montage of PS franchise characters like Sackboy and happy hipster college-aged multiracial gamers smiling and enjoying Sony products -- set to "We Are Young"...

Banner closes back over screen. The word future is given the biggest font, beside a mish mash of words like entertainment, interactivity, social, gaming, you, music, sports, life, style, and of course the PlayStation logo.

Please welcome Kaz Harai.

Talks about what makes PS brand and Sony uniquely great, in terms that USA Today and The Sun reporters will eat up, but us actual game players will know are nothing that Xbox and Nintendo don't already do as well.

Bragging about how successful the PS Vita is. Bragging about the developers on board with it, and smash hits like Assassin's Liberation and Call of Duty Declassified (again, we know better, but mainstream media will eat it up like, "wow, the venerable Call of Duty franchise made an unprecedented appearance on a mobile system, only on PS Vita!").

Bragging that the Vita will only get even MORE successful as its price drops from 250 to 200, and now in silver color, with three or six months of PS+ included! Also, maybe a slight drop of memory card prices.

Finally, a big PS Vita game announcement, which will be something like Final Fantasy XIII-2 Crystal Chonicles Bearers.

Kaz talks about the PS3 debut, meaning to segue to talk of how many units its sold, etc., but instead draws laughs from the crowd that remembers how terrible Untold Legends, Lair, and Genji were, and the price, and RIIIIIDGE RACER.

Kaz brings up the grown up asian businessman equivalent to VGCHARTZ or SYSTEMWARS powerpoint slides of PS3 sales, market shares, etc. No mention that bluray is a huge part of that reason.

Bragging about trophies, PS Home, cross buy, music unlimited, apps like the College Hoops Network and Hulu Plus, and all the free games you get with PS+, with promises the service will get even better. No matter how remotely true, there will be a statistic made to make PS+ adoption rates sound amazing.

Toss up: this would be the perfect time, if ever, to mention PS2 sales one last time, and mention how they JUST stopped manufacturing them. Good time to brag about its greatest games getting ported to Vita. Regardless, more PS2 games will be mentioned in the conference than Move games.

Kaz alludes to the future, but gives us JPEG stills on the screen to his left, our right, of the promised exciting properties still yet to come on the amazing Pray-ooh-stash-ee-un Phree System like Two Souls and The Last of Us. (JPEG will be of Ellen Page's head, for shoooooo.) Perhaps new, better trailers for those games, and GOD of War Ascension.

"Today, we are pleased to introduce..." PS4 logo. Trailer. This is the part of canned footage of people like Mark Rein and Peter Molyneux and Tim Schafer sitting in directors chairs, talking about how excited they are about where the industry is going, and the tech the PS4 offers.

When the lights come back up Kaz is gone.

"Please welcome, Jack Tretton..."

Jack takes center stage. but raised platform behind him seems to be hiding the PS4 underneath a black tablecloth.

Tretton bullshits for two minutes about how excited "we are" and a few buzzword lingo about Sony's motives and concepts for what the system will do (like social network button, and OnLive style streaming.)

Pulls back cloth. Minute of oohs and ahhs, finally, another trailer of happy gamers (Abercrombie models and light skinned brothers) and mascots like Sackboy, but this time, with them holding the actual PS4 controllers while they fake play green screened next gen LBP and MLB The Show footage in their fake living rooms. Most of the footage shows them tweeting their achievements from the controller screen, sending JPEGs of the whole 1080p TV feed of their home run replays paused as the bat hits the ball to instagram, and recording gameplay footage to their PS+ accounts, no need for a Hauppage DVR or in game tech like Bungie and Treyarch use to do it. Perhaps showing them livestreaming their Twitch channel seamlessly integrated with their PSN accounts.

Closer looks at the system and controller with Jack T. Now the nitty gritty. Announced for November, and for a good "we are businesspeople but our PR reps that write these scripts know better and need something to win over the true gaming press in the crowd" moment, mention that it most certainly will NOT be as expensive as the PS3 was at launch.

Powerpoint slides about the AMD tech. Bullshit about Teraflops and Triangles per second. Time for the phony graphical tech demos (The Rubber Ducks and Tiger Wood's face sweat.) Something from the guy who made Journey. Not a game announcement, just a pretty screen saver. Perhaps Infinitely Blade shows up.

Next, talk about how great bluray movies are, and how much better (THE WORD "SMART" USED LIBERALLY) bluray will be on PS4 (just the same bullshit Xbox and Wii U do, but with the Vita and Sony Tablet S as the IMDB.com "second screen") Brief mention of 4K upscaling. "PS4 is future ready!"

Finally, its logo time, in other words, games five years away, if not cancelled, that just give us just a games logo zooming in on a black screen as its trailer.

Then comes announcements, not of true next gen exclusives, but games like Bioshock Infinite and GTA5 and MGS5 which while primarily PS3, will be announced as getting PS4 ports. Someone like Ken Levine will come out on stage and demo it (though itll secretly be the PC version running)

Furthermore, perhaps Modern Warfare 4 and Assassins Creed 4 will be announced, but again, with PS3 as the lead platform, not PS4.

Last but not least, will be trailers for truly next gen games like Watch Dogs and 1313.

Tretton thanks everyone for being there and seeing the future, blah blah blah. And to conclude, a surprise "AND one more thing..." trailer for one, big, truly next gen, first party franchise (Infamous 3? Killzone 4? Socom 5? Uncharted 4?)

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@damisterchief: god i fukken hate that kid.

I don't know it'll go but if they don't bank on PS+ and promote it as being a digital library of games you can subscribe to, a Netflix-like service, I'm out until the price drops. ... Well, I'm out until the price drops regardless because I don't have the money for that shit anyway but that's the only thing I could see pushing me towards getting another console anytime soon. My gaming habits have changed too much to just buy it because fancier graphics. :T

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect a lot of massive damage...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By toowalrus

Sony press conferences are seriously my favorite. I haven't seen you in awhile, Jack... you ARE the boss of me.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Final Fantasy VII. Used games require internet connection and replaces loading times with 30 second advertisements even if the console can load them way faster than that.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We are proud to announce that, through our partnership with Gaikai, we plan to change video games forever. No longer will graphics be an issue - as we are bringing back live-action video games. Our new console will stream all of your commands to your own personal team which will act out that which you tell them and stream it back to you.

Not only that, but no longer with dying in games be trivial; we are bringing back tension to video games. When your character dies, so does the person from your own personal team. True realism, brought to you by Sony; all in glorious 3D."

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice to find out that all the drama that happened over The Last Guardian was not drama so much as it was Team Ico being given early access and development incentive to make their game for the next generation Sony console. That's about the only thing that would get me to buy it on launch.

Whatever, "tomorrow" has been over here for 44 minutes, and I'm going to bed.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you think is going to happen?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#44 gamer_152  Moderator

I've said it before and I'll say it again, jokes don't need entire threads to themselves. Please don't clog up the forums for other users who want to start legitimate discussions.