How could they put such a broken game out?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I am a Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City apologist. Yes it has been getting poor reviews across the board, but the game at its core is pretty good. Except for the glitches. I have never played a game so riddled with glitches in my entire life. There is this one glitch that I swear that I encounter every other game and its the worst. You essentially take damage for no reason. You could be walking around and all of the sudden take a little hit of damage for no reason. And this basically persists until you die. The game says you were killed by a zombie even if there is nothing around you. This has lead me to believe that there is another dimension to this game. A dimension where I am standing still at the spawn where I am attacked against my will by zombies. Almost every multiplayer game I have been in there has been someone who is idle on my team. They are just standing there. However on the leaderboard it shows that they are getting kills and other players tell me that the player is actually actively participating in the match. I believe that those instances where I take damage for no reason is really because I have an idle character in another dimension that is taking damage that is affecting me.

I also tried desperately to play coop with some friends with even more ridiculous results. First the screen would constantly flicker on and off. I would get infected and grabed by invisible zombies. The boss wouldn't move allowing me to just shoot him where he stood. Then I lagged out and was unable to join their game no matter how hard I tried.

How in the world does a game come out in this day and age that is so completely broken? I guess it's my fault. I knew what Slant Six was capable of. It took them several months just to make SOCOM Confrontation even work. Yet that was one of my favorite games of all time. I want to play this game more, but its like it doesn't want me to. It is constantly locking up and is just plain broken. It just hurts. I never played New Vegas when that came out so my complaints are probably just drops in the bucket compared to what some people dealt with.

So what I basically asking is. Should I sue them?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Where'd you buy it? I'd storm into whatever store you got it from and ask for your money back, hoping that they have a good return policy.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Gamestop. Got it at midnight. I've been searching the webs to see if I'm not the only one who has been affected by this. So far I've only found about this hilarious glitch.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Wow, the netcode sounds just as bad as Kane and Lynch Dead Men's on the PC.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

I encountered a glitch where nearing the end, in some train yard filled with crates, all of the crates were invisible. It resulted in me taking cover against thin air quite a lot. Enemy AI is really poor, though, as you'd expect and the friendly AI is even worse. It's genuinely pretty funny watching your AI squadmates just freak out inside elevators running around, or watching them throw grenades at each other or persistently shoot at the same wall for 2 minutes.

I didn't encounter many gamebreakings glitches fortunately, though given the quality of the rest of the game, I don't doubt they're in there; I just got lucky relatively speaking. But there is one prominent glitch in matchmaking where I can't leave matchmaking... and I have to restart my PS3.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

This game should have been good. Capcom should have got a better developer for this game.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JunkHype

Glitches I experienced on the 360 version are, getting damaged by fire even though I wasn't in the fire, lasers that were deactivated setting me on fire, at one point a friend of mine was playing with with AI and all three of them got stuck in a doorway and he had no way of getting them unstuck or even killing himself so he had to quit the mission, can't believe there's no reload checkpoint option. The game seems rushed to me, they should've had weapon customization or upgrades... fucking something, maybe even have real named guns, none of this Ravager(?) dog shit, and man do the guns sound hella underpowered.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scarace360

Demand your money back!

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure
@Redbullet685 said:

This game should have been good. Capcom should have got a better developer for this game.

I am not really an RE fan... but why does this game even exist? The 3DS game just came out and seems to be canon and part of the main story. Also isn't RE6 coming out this year....? Seems like enough RE in one year for hardcore fans, but I am not one so I guess I can't really say. I am not against the game existing or anything but it just seems like there is enough RE this year as is.
Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Moody_yeti

@VinceNotVance said:

You should write a letter to Bioware and make Amazon refund you for the game you purchased.

And also complain about the ending maybe.

mynthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mynthon

@Moody_yeti said:

@VinceNotVance said:

You should write a letter to Bioware and make Amazon refund you for the game you purchased.

And also complain about the ending maybe.

Sounds like you can't reach the ending in this one.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By willin

I played the game back in August and it was not a positive experience. Good to see Capcom put all of those development months to good use...

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MelficeVKM

I thought this game sounded alright until I heard Slant 6 were making it. From what I've watched, it looks like SOCOM Confrontation version B.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

@Zenaxzd: I think it's the saddest premise possible - a great idea riddled by horrible execution. Which means that this great idea is wasted because they're not going to try it again for a while. I always wanted to play as an Umbrella agent.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SSully

Welcome to the world of Slant Six games. Socom Confrontation was the same way. It was a very fun game and was very true to past socoms, but it was so glitchy! It took them so long to fix the bugs that the knowledge of the glitches was common. For example there was a map where you could easily clip into the walls and then kill people from inside. The thing is most people knew how to do it, so once you got a few kills everyone glitched under the map and the fight stayed under the map.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BonOrbitz

Ouch! I was thinking the same thing after hearing Brad's comments on I Am Alive from a Giant Bombcast session a couple of weeks ago. After hearing how the game took a dive after the Quick Look, I wondered why Ubisoft would even put it out at all.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By lead_farmer

@MelficeVKM said:

I thought this game sounded alright until I heard Slant 6 were making it. From what I've watched, it looks like SOCOM Confrontation version B.

Well that just bums me out.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@AcidBrandon18 said:

Gamestop. Got it at midnight. I've been searching the webs to see if I'm not the only one who has been affected by this. So far I've only found about this hilarious glitch.

Oh man, that's so bad and yet really awesome in a fucked up way.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By TheHBK

Do retards buy things no matter what because of the title on the box? Then they are gonna put it out. Call of Duty MW4 could be half assed and they know it will sell. Thing is that some devs have respect and more importantly know that if you diminish the quality of a franchise, you will make less money in the future. But some just think of the "I want money now!" aspect of it.