How legitimate are the articles on Cracked?

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Whisperkill

I have recently been reading A LOT of the awesome and mind blowing articles on Cracked. There are some really great and well written ones about gaming and such but the articles that grab my attention the most are about science and history. 

While I am astonished at the facts and revelations that are revealed through these articles I have to question their legitimacy. There's a saying that goes "Believe nothing of what you read, and half of what you see." 

Is it all bullshit designed to boggle your mind to get more clicks or is all of this stuff actually true?

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By rateoforange

I read some of the 'weird materials' article--aerogels and carbon nanotubes are cool and have been around for a while. Haven't really heard about the other stuff. Non-newtonian just describes a type of response to stress. None of it violates the laws of physics (duh), and corundum (an aluminum bearing silicate mineral) is in no way transparent aluminum. So I bet it's all mostly true, with some exaggerations thrown in for yucks.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TonyBlue87

I would say to take things with a grain of salt.  Never forget that it's a humor site; to take it all at face value is already a bit of a sketchy idea.