Husky or HD - Starcraft commentary

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Astras

Who is better at commentating Starcraft, I have watched quite a lot of video's from both and I prefer HD's style... although I do think HD is going slightly insane from covering too many video's.. last week he woke at 4am and needed to start calling some SC games which seems a bit wierd :P
Husky is ok, he finds himself too funny for me to find him funny, but when in full commentator mode I like his tone and knowledge but HD is better at disecting a game.

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inf225

HD is much better than husky. HD is classy, sophisticated, and he still says the stupidest stuff, but on accident. lIke "its going to be a big crap-a-doodoo". Where Husky tries way to hard and is kind of a jerk.

Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blackmoore

I like Husky's tangents myself. HD is perfectly fine as well, although sometimes his attempts at humor fall very flat and awkward for me.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Astras
@Blackmoore said:
" I like Husky's tangents myself. HD is perfectly fine as well, although sometimes his attempts at humor fall very flat and awkward for me. "
Yea i know what you mean, I think he tries to be as comfortable with humour as Husky is but is never gonna be that guy.. he should just naturally be himself because he's definately got more likeability than husky for me..
Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Siphillis

HD is generally more detached and level-headed when narrating the match, making him the superior choice if you're interested in the specifics of each player's strategies, maneuvers, and how the game was won.  However, Husky is more entertaining and invested in the game. 

No preference, then.

Serenity_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Serenity_UK

Both inferior to Day9 but I prefer H to the usky to HD.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Binman88

I find Husky annoying, so I'd go with HD. Having said that, I prefer watching Psy and JoshSuth's casts.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rockanomics

What? Why choose?

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Astras
@Serenity_UK said:
" Both inferior to Day9 but I prefer H to the usky to HD. "
Ill have to check this out , ta
bananablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bananablade

HD has terrible vocabulary and has very little insight on the game. I would say he's really good for players who don't know much about the game or just want a play by play of whats going on. But really, the fact that he's been commentating for so long yet knows so little + provides incorrect analysis is kinda weird. Husky is a little more knowledgable about the game but also doesn't provide great analysis. Overall theyre both really fun to watch but for commentators with better game sense, watch day9, psystarcraft, and tasteless + artosis

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Astras
cheers I'll have a look at some of these, I kinda thought that HD and Husky were the flagship commentaries but looks like I been missin the good stuff :P
Pointsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pointsman

I prefer HD. Day9 is the best though. The day9+ HD team at one of the tournaments was some of the best casting I've seen

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By meteora

Tebjz when he gets around finishing the single player.

Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blackmoore
@bananablade said:
" HD has terrible vocabulary and has very little insight on the game. I would say he's really good for players who don't know much about the game or just want a play by play of whats going on. But really, the fact that he's been commentating for so long yet knows so little + provides incorrect analysis is kinda weird. Husky is a little more knowledgable about the game but also doesn't provide great analysis. Overall theyre both really fun to watch but for commentators with better game sense, watch day9, psystarcraft, and tasteless + artosis "
This man knows his casters. You earn my seal of approval.
Serenity_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Serenity_UK

I'm still waiting for the Plott brothers to cast together, Day9 + Tasteless cast would be epic. Possibly only eclipsed by a Tri-cast of Tasteless Artosis and Day9.

bananablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bananablade

Another great commentator is Rise.  http://www.youtube.com/sc2ggrise 

He is one of the funniest casters ever and is a really nice guy. Unfortunately he won't be casting anymore, which kinda bummed me out I've honestly grown to love his random tangents that he'd go off on during games. The games are pre release when strategies weren't so developed and people had no idea how to play the game, so its pretty interesting

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Siphillis
@bananablade said:

" HD has terrible vocabulary and has very little insight on the game. I would say he's really good for players who don't know much about the game or just want a play by play of whats going on. But really, the fact that he's been commentating for so long yet knows so little + provides incorrect analysis is kinda weird. Husky is a little more knowledgable about the game but also doesn't provide great analysis. Overall theyre both really fun to watch but for commentators with better game sense, watch day9, psystarcraft, and tasteless + artosis "

The simpler vocabulary definitely makes HD's casts more accessible and easier to follow, and as a result, I find him the better teacher than other commentators. 

Still, no one's more user friendly than Total Biscuit.
Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Jayzz

Tasteless > all

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By keyhunter

I havent seen any commentators with a real commentary voice. I hate the guys who currently do them. They sound like such assholes.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By m1k3

Both are enjoyable by me. but i do like HD just because he seems to keep up with the action and gives some good input.

Pointsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pointsman

tasteless has a real commentary voice, he sounds incredibly professional

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Jeffsekai

Why the fuck do you have to choose its not like either of them make too many videos to where you can't watch both.

zeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeox
@bananablade said:
I was about to say exactly this. HD and Husky are fun to watch and listen to, but don't expect to get better at the game while watching
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Astras
@Jeffsekai said:
" Why the fuck do you have to choose its not like either of them make too many videos to where you can't watch both. "
lol, chill, the thread is about preference and discussion about starcraft commentaries.. whichever u state here doesn't mean u can't watch the other LOL
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Astras
@Pointsman said:
" I prefer HD. Day9 is the best though. The day9+ HD team at one of the tournaments was some of the best casting I've seen "
watching some of the day9 stuff now.. yea he seems really good, instead of being a general commentator it seems he is more interested in game mechanics and gameplayh decisions which is cool.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Feanor

I cannot stand Husky. Every time I hear that H to the usky shit I want to kill myslef.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By babblinmule

HD is the better commentator knowledge wise, but i love Husky because he has a tendancy to go absolutely crazy in important battles.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nephrahim
@Blackmoore said:
" @bananablade said:
This man knows his casters. You earn my seal of approval. "
This.  Day 9 is by far my favorite, because he is the guy who knows what he's talking about.  

If if I have to pick between these two, i'd go with Husky, just because he's no fun "Pylo!"
Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nephrahim
@Astras said:
" @Pointsman said:
" I prefer HD. Day9 is the best though. The day9+ HD team at one of the tournaments was some of the best casting I've seen "
watching some of the day9 stuff now.. yea he seems really good, instead of being a general commentator it seems he is more interested in game mechanics and gameplayh decisions which is cool. "
Are you watching the Day 9 dailies or his tourney casts? 

The dailies are great for people learning, but you can't really say they're as much fun, since he's pausing them and stuff so often.  You should see some of his livecasting stuff for a better idea of how he does it.
Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Glak

I like HD more than Husky
Gotta go check out these other commentators though

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nephrahim
http://day9tv.blip.tv/  

Here are the Day 9 dalies.  Like I said, they're very informative (If you watch all of these, and have a pulse, you will be a Diamond Starcraft player.) 
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Trilogy

I prefer Day9 and Tasteless over Husky or HD but I think they're all pretty damn good to be honest.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By management

HD is way more proffesional than Husky, but I still like Husky more since he is way funnier.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Astras

lovin day9, awesome cheers!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By Hamst3r

Gary Busey is really good.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kelbear

I don't want lame jokes from commentators. 

All I want is for them to stay focused on the match and provide insight into the game, and more importantly thoughts on what the players are thinking. Anyone can see "what" is happening on the screen, the value of the commentator is explaining the "why".