I bought a TV like a month go...

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pompouspizza

And i got accidental damage cover for 5 years, and the other day my girlfriend knocked the TV and it banged in to a mirror causing a dent which is small but noticeable when the TV is on (it loos like a white dot) now it says that you can not have things exchanged or repaired for cosmetic reasons and my worry is this will be seen as cosmetic even though I think it is substantial enough to warrant a repair. My question to you guys is will this be seen as cosmetic damage?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

From your description it sounds like it's just cosmetic damage.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilzrule27

Doesn't hurt to try to get it covered.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pompouspizza

@devilzrule27: I already have the TV covered i'm just wondering if they will repair it, because the dent is small but it still affects the tv screen.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jams

@pompouspizza said:

@devilzrule27: I already have the TV covered i'm just wondering if they will repair it, because the dent is small but it still affects the tv screen.

drop it again, but harder this time. It wont be cosmetic then.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mandude

@Jams said:

@pompouspizza said:

Solid advice.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@mandude said:

@Jams said:

@pompouspizza said:

Solid advice.

I came here to suggest this, I'm glad to see the community's got it covered. Maybe try touching her shoulder or something.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kindgineer

If you damaged the actual cells of the television (the parts that create the image) than it should be covered. Cosmetic sounds more like scratches or dings to the casing, not the actual television's display. However, if the "white dot" is simply a surface damage and not actually affecting the image, you're out of luck.

EDIT: Overheat it, or use magnets. That way no damage on the outside, but tons inside!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

Fake your death.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cmblasko

If that does not warrant a repair then I don't know what the point of getting the accidental insurance is.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By crusader8463

As someone who deals with warranty and repair at a call center all day, call the place you have coverage with. They will be the ones that can tell you if its covered or not better then any one here.

Pro tip #2: If they give you bad news don't be a dipshit and start screaming and yelling at them or go into a tirade about how terrible the company/service is. We have to listen to idiots like that all day and as soon as you start they will just roll their eyes, mute the phone, sit back in the chair and start talking to people around them ignoring everything you are saying until they stop hearing you talking and then they will just come back on to repeat what they said before. Sometimes there are little things that we can do to bend the rules to help a guy out, but the moment a customer starts raising their voice or mouthing off that opportunity flies out the window instantly. When you act that way you instantly become just another dipshit making an already shitty job just that much more shitty and the majority of agents will not lift a finger beyond what they need to to get you off the phone.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pompouspizza

@crusader8463: I would never do this, I am not a dick!.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pompouspizza

@ck1nd: I am no expert but although it's small it does look like it has damaged the cells so it should be covered but I have been playing need for speed on it and it's not too not bad as it's right at the top of the screen, it would have annoyed me more if it was in the middle.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHumanDove

touch its shoulder

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By devilzrule27

@pompouspizza said:

Should have been more specific. I meant doesn't hurt to try to see if the damage is covered by your plan.

I assume you bought the TV at a big box retailer. My experience from working at a major electronics retailer is that it all depends on who you talk to at the store when it comes down to them accepting your damage claim.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By devilzrule27

@crusader8463 said:

As someone who deals with warranty and repair at a call center all day, call the place you have coverage with. They will be the ones that can tell you if its covered or not better then any one here.

Pro tip #2: If they give you bad news don't be a dipshit and start screaming and yelling at them or go into a tirade about how terrible the company/service is. We have to listen to idiots like that all day and as soon as you start they will just roll their eyes, mute the phone, sit back in the chair and start talking to people around them ignoring everything you are saying until they stop hearing you talking and then they will just come back on to repeat what they said before. Sometimes there are little things that we can do to bend the rules to help a guy out, but the moment a customer starts raising their voice or mouthing off that opportunity flies out the window instantly. When you act that way you instantly become just another dipshit making an already shitty job just that much more shitty and the majority of agents will not lift a finger beyond what they need to to get you off the phone.

This is 100% true. All you do is make the person who is helping you not want to help you.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 49th

Take a picture of it so we can judge properly.