I hate motion controllers

MsMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MsMars
Shit... Wii has one, Microsoft has one and now Ps3. I hate standing up. I JUST WANT TO SIT ON MY ASS AND ENJOY AN ENTHRALLING STORYLINE!!! Goddamnit. Worst invention ever.  
That is why I consider PC games as a good alternative. What are your thoughts about it? I think Japan thinks were too fat.
MsMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MsMars
FUUUUUUUU-
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1
i think it's alright. it's not for me but developers have done some pretty great stuff with motion control.
MsMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MsMars
@AjayRaz: But I want to sit from a long day... and relax by sitting on my ass. If I want to be active there is a place called 'outside' for me to do that. Why would I look stupid actually playing tennis indoors when I can be at the gym around hot guys to watch me work out?I don't get it.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beargirl1
@MsMars: i'm with you. like i said, motion control isn't for me but i can only assume there's some sort of weird audience that likes that sort of stuff and for those people, there's some pretty great stuff (although under loads of shovelware) in store for them! 
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

My problem isn't with sitting vs standing (I play all my Wii games sitting down) but with imprecision. Simply put, pushing a button is easier than swinging your arm or flicking your wrist. It's binary vs analog, and game actions like jumping, reloading, attacking, etc are usually purely binary. The only thing going for motion control is the pointing mechanism, which could be easily replicated by sticking a pointing sensor on the end of a standard controller that faces your TV.

So yeah, fuck motion controls.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm sorry but this gif is pretty funny, and y'all be hatin' on motion controls too much! 

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By PerryVandell
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@JJWeatherman:  C'mon man, don't tell me that while playing Mario Galaxy you didn't wish the spin move was mapped to a button instead of a waggle.

You know this in your heart to be true.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Emilio

This is a troll, thread, people. Move along. 

Nope, I am NOT being serious

Would anyone play Demon's\zSoul'z with Move? 

*edit* 

I do not work for Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, or Atlus.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@Emilio said:
" Would anyone play Demon's\zSoul'z with Move? "
I would, good sir.
MsMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MsMars
@Fullmetal216:  
Lfmao... I did actually. Thank you for pointing that out. And I wholeheartedly agree. Sitting why playing with the controller is not enough you have to stand more for your controller to sense it is in the screen. But regardless, I still hate it. I have lost faith in Nintendo and now more so Playstation goddamnit... One of these days they will make one for DS' or PC. Oh god no. Not that! 
MsMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MsMars
People... what I am trying to say that it is evidently reuining the way we play games traditionally. That goes for Guitar Hero, too. Why do kids all of a sudden think they can play a REAL guitar? Is it really that hard to pay for guitar lessons? Even I can get free lessons from a friend of mine and its not difficult... Jings.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emilio

Folks, I'll tell you a secret: 

Maybe this is brainwashing, maybe this is not brainwashing... 
but, some time ago, after spending some time with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I went back to play New Super Mario Bros. on DS. 
There came a point while I was playing, that I accidentally/instinctively  shook my DS for that "extra" air spin. 
NSMB, as you may or may not know, does not contain the "air spin". It comes from NSMBWii, which came from Super Mario's Galaxy. 

Now, let me say this about Super Mario's Galaxy. The game would not be Super Mario's Galaxy without that spin move and waggle. I feel like that attack/move adds a whole new "action button" into the control. Also, I forgot, but

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't believe motion controls are the future of gaming, or at least not the future of what we know as gaming. Part of the problem with motion controls has been that they've just been too imprecise, most Wii games have created situations where motion controls are neither functional, nor properly simulate the actions they're supposed to be representative of. I think technologies like the Kinect and the Move are a big step forwards in terms of tech but the fundamental issues with motion controls are that A) Motion control actions take a lot more time and effort than hitting buttons, B) Even with the best tech in the world certain actions have to be simplified for the sake of not being impossible to do and so create the 'Wii' scenario (see above) and C) There are only a limited number of easily performable motion inputs, so arguably the average gamepad gives you more inputs than a motion controller.

I'll admit though that up to a point motion controls can be a lot of fun and all this complaining about motion controls seems some what futile when on the whole it doesn't seem like they're being marketed towards us anyway. We may occasionally see 'core' games try to incorporate motion controls into their gameplay poorly and in those cases I do think it's within our right to criticise but why complain that you don't like things that aren't made for you in the first place? I don't actually see any of this stuff really encroaching on 'core' games as we know them so I don't see them "ruining the way we play games traditionally".

In reference to what you said about Guitar Hero kids who can play guitar games and think they're a rock star are deluded but they're just kids. The point of Guitar Hero and Rock Band are that like all rhythm games they let you participate with music in an accessible way. Is it that hard to pay for guitar lessons? No, but that's not the point. I could as easily sit here and argue why don't you just do free-running instead of playing Mirrors Edge, why don't you go to cooking classes instead of playing Cooking Mama or why don't you take up gardening instead of playing Animal Crossing, the point is those games are simulations, simulations like Guitar Hero. You like to play guitar, that's fine, but for the large majority of people in the world they'll never be able to participate in Freebird in an accessible way and games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band let them do that.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By JoeyRavn

This thread is... wow. Hate motion controls? Don't play games with motion controls. Most Wii games that force you to use motion controls do them right: WarioWare, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy/2... I play all of them sitting down, as if it was a normal controller. And those that don't usually offer the possibility of playing with the Classic or GameCube controllers. Both the 360 and the PS3 have an entire library full of non-motion, traditionally-controlled games. Why can't you play on of those?  

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

" @JJWeatherman:  C'mon man, don't tell me that while playing Mario Galaxy you didn't wish the spin move was mapped to a button instead of a waggle.  You know this in your heart to be true. "
To be honest, I didn't. I usually move the 360 controller a lot more than my WiiMote. You know, you're so into the game at one point that you move yourself trying to dodge bullets or hugging a curve in a racing sim. Don't tell me this ain't true, it happens to all of us :P
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89

I declare that the amount of italicization in this thread illegal.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
" @JJWeatherman:  C'mon man, don't tell me that while playing Mario Galaxy you didn't wish the spin move was mapped to a button instead of a waggle.  You know this in your heart to be true. "
I did actually have that issue, but it was only when it became a necessity to be precise with it. That wasn't the case too often, just on a few specific platforming sections.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Coombs
@JJWeatherman said:
" I'm sorry but this gif is pretty funny, and y'all be hatin' on motion controls too much! 
"
I see your walking man, 
And raise you a drunk chick 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead

Enthralling story line? Why would you want one of them when you could be pretending to swing a sword.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#21  Edited By Yummylee

Oh well.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Lemoncookie01
I like bold letters too,lets be friends.
pepsimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By pepsimax
@MsMars said:
" People... what I am trying to say that it is evidently reuining the way we play games traditionally. That goes for Guitar Hero, too. Why do kids all of a sudden think they can play a REAL guitar? Is it really that hard to pay for guitar lessons? Even I can get free lessons from a friend of mine and its not difficult... Jings. "
What a stupid comment. Why would people actually think they are able to play the guitar after playing GH and RB. Most people don't think that. Also, saying people should just go and practice a real guitar makes no sense at all. it is because there IS a big difference between the game and the real thing that we choose the real thing. If you wanna say something like that you should consider that you can say that bout lots of games: Take singing lessons, take archery lessons, go to the army and shoot at people, go dance at parties instead of using stuff like dancecentral and just dance, ...  
And I just scrolled up and noticed Gamer_152 already said all of this :P