I have 2 GOG game keys to give away

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By cornbredx

I will start by saying I apologize if this is the wrong place. I haven't done this in a little while and I don't remember what forum I put these in before when I did this before.

Anyway, as you all probably know GOG is doing their Summer sale right now (because of course they are since Steam will be doing one soon) and like always they have incentives that give away game keys when you spend a certain amount of money or attain a certain amount of "XP." It's a whole thing. That's not really the point, just the lead up.

Buying the games on my GOG wishlist that were significantly cheap (which is most of them because I like to use GOG for old games but there is a couple handfuls of indie games on there too that I am not getting because those ones might as well not be on sale given how much they still cost even after their sale % off) has netted me significantly more XP than really you need to get all the games they're giving away (it's not hard to reach anyway). So, anyway, my point is I have 2 GOG game keys for games I already have so I don't need them.

As always I am happy to give away these games to anyone, but due to scammers and bots I will not put the keys on here directly because people only care about themselves and the only way I can make sure scammers who are just going to use the game to sell it doesn't get one is by applying moderately strict rules to the equation.

I will not give one of these keys to anyone who has no forum activity. It is quite common when you give games away for people to make accounts on websites just to get the game. To me that's super shady. I know how to tell, beyond your forum activity, when you created your account. The point here is if you just created your account just now to ask for a free game the answer will be no (I realize a few people don't use, and have never used, the forums, however these people are unlikely to ask for a free game either as this is not the first time this has ever been done).

You also must be a Giant Bomb subscriber. I do often get complaints about this, but the fact of the matter is these rules verify (maybe not 100%, but 90 some odd %) that you are just some person who likes games that wants to play the game you are getting for free and not some jerk trying to grab more game keys for your grey market website to sell.

The games are Dreamfall Chapters and Spelunky.Both games have been taken.

Please include an @cornbredx in your response so I know you replied and I will send you the game key and instructions on where to go to get the game on GOG. I will notice it as soon as possible however please be patient as I may not see it right away. This is first reply first serve so if someone else replies first, and is within my rules, they will get the game no matter when I reply to them. Please be aware that you will need an account on GOG.com in order to get the game. I only mention that because I know some people are only on Steam. These are not Steam game keys.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cornbredx: I'd love to play dream fall if that's still available. Thanks duder!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By changethel1ghts

Hey man! Thanks for doing this @cornbredx. I have a buddy of mine who hasn't played Spelunky and I would love to give it to him as a gift. It's funny, we were just talking about this game today (we almost went caving). Thanks, man!

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By audiosnow

I have a copy of Spelunky for GOG as well. Just like above, reply and it's yours.

Henny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Henny

@mlarrabee: Hey, I am up for it if it is still available. Thanks :)

Oops, just realise you are offering to subs. Sorry!

packerman120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna ask for anything, but glad you are doing this! Also, if you don't mind, what does the medal by your name symbolise? Does that symbolise subscribers or just post counts?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@packerman120: The medal signifies a user being a Premium member of Giant Bomb. Silver is for monthly subscribers, gold is for annual. No other significance beyond that.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@changethel1ghts: Sorry for the late response. I was asleep. I sent you the key. You can give it to your friend if you'd like. Enjoy.

No more keys for now ya'll. All gone.