Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

*EDIT* Aghhh, please place this in Off-Topic. I'm sorry. :( 

So, I'm finally looking into putting my website on the interenets, but I need help because in a way I don't know what I'm doing. I know I need a domain name and then I need server space, but who do I buy it from? 
There's the GoDaddy, right? What else? 

Basically I'm just wanting to make a portfolio site ( I already have my web design ), but also some place I upload files or do silly things with pages.

Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jiquk

123Reg.co.uk its all you need lol,BTW GoDaddy is cheap for a reason it sucks.

Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jiquk

However it really depends if you live in the UK or not as 123Reg is very UK orientated.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, just go ahead and buy a domain name and some cheap hosting from GoDaddy. It's not the best hosting, but it is cheap, and you can always move your stuff somewhere else if you decide you want/need to. 

From there you need to decide how to manage your site's content. If you don't want to do any coding yourself, I would probably recommend just installing Wordpress and finding a free theme somewhere that you like. If you don't mind coding though, you can go ahead and make yourself a custom theme or try out any number of other CMS/frameworks out there.