I want you your help

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DragonNinja789

Dear Giantbombers, I want your advice on a given situation that I have. I have a youtube channel that I don't seem to be using, I have had it since about 2008 I believe? I had initially made an account so that I could like and comment on videos but lately I feel like it should be used for something more(otherwise Im just going to delete it out of non use) I have an idea for a talk/web show titled "Roumd-Two" or "second chance". Originally it was going to be out games but now I'm not sure?

I'm thinkin of waiting until I get my green screen before I start anything to serious for the sake of it being more professional. Then I thought I could make a show more original and clean with an intro and music playing in the background , but again green screen?

So basically what I am asking is if you have any ideas from what I've just mentioned or anything ideas of your own that you would like to take and run with together like a podcast thing? that would be cool.

what do you think should I make a show or have it as confessional journal type of thing? or should I delete it all together?

If so I'll just stick with the blogging.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Why would I want to watch your show?

No, I don't mean that in a douchebaggish way! I mean, I'm asking you, what is your show going to include that's going to make me want to watch it? Giantbomb's videos entertain and inform about video games probably even more than I need to know. Anything else I want to know comes from visits to IGN or these forums.

Take a look at Yahtzee Croshaw's webshow, Zero Punctuation. Nobody else was doing that sort of thing at the time and it all caught on. Do something that no one else is or you probably won't get as many views as you like.

Other than "come up with something original", I have to say "learn to speak well". Now, I'm not asking you to match the voice of someone like James Earl-Jones or Morgan Freeman, but learning how to speak your thoughts clearly and efficiently can be quite the art - listen to how many speakers have to say "um" often or take long pauses. It isn't anything like writing, either, although that ability can certainly help.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

@DragonNinja789: So I have been with You-Tube since its launch, I created my first profile "Hizang" and made a bunch of videos mostly of Metal Gear Solid music videos. I deleted this profile at the end of last year as over the many years I had got a plethora of copyright warnings and such and I wanted to start a fresh channel. Its not that my videos were not popular as one of them amassed over 21,000 views which I was very very happy with.

So I created a new You-Tube channel and named it Hizangable, I figured hey I have this pretty sweet webcam and I have some cool ideas for videos. You seem to have your own goal and I respect that, but my advice would to be upload some small 5 minute videos that you just wanted to do spur of the moment. Don't be annoyed when your videos don't get large amounts of views, instead of being angry that you didn't get 1000 views be happy that 10 people around the world decided to watch something you made. Be happy that 3 people took time out of there life to comment on your video, be happy for every single like.

If you go into it with that attitude you should enjoy the YouTube experience.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DragonNinja789

@believer258: Thanks that was really helpful. I have some ideas narrowed down, games being the least likely of the bunch given the little free time I have right now.

I do speak well, thanks to all the theater productions and speech classes, and write even better. But practice always helps.

you are right about topics though. Like Zero Punctuation, that's something I'll work on.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By N7

Do you have a capture card?

I want to help you. I don't know what it is... but, I feel like we could reach the stars together, you and I. I don't know what it is... I just feel like you're the one.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DragonNinja789

@N7: Negative on the capture card

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Three0neFive

put it pretty nicely. The internet is already oversaturated with wannabe filmmakers and bloggers - every idiot with a webcam and liberal arts degree thinks they're going to become the next Youtube celebrity and cash in on that sweet ad revenue. If making videos is your passion, good on 'ya, but the fact that you even need to post this topic shows that at the very least you lack inspiration.

That said, if you're serious I'd suggest taking a hard look at what's out there already and thinking of ways to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Most of all, though, you need an entertaining persona - nobody wants to listen to a socially-awkward monotone nerd, regardless of the quality of the rest of your content.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

Round two sounds a bit too similar to Round 1.